'Three-second rule' will dictate offense

'Three-second rule' will dictate offense

There are 23 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 1, 2007, titled 'Three-second rule' will dictate offense. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Jim O'Brien's version of the "three-second rule" has nothing to do with standing in the lane too long, and everything to do with speeding the tempo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Playa

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 1, 2007
O'Brien is the perfect guy, But Bird is the wrong GM.
Johnny W

Saint Meinrad, IN

#2 Jun 1, 2007
I love what I am hearing. M.Daniels at point, yes about time. Get it done Jim. And good D sounds great.
Playa

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jun 1, 2007
The players in boston loved O'Brien, it was Danny Aingie who toredown the team.
Slim

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2007
That's great and all, but first, establish some ground rules for this team!! I don't care if we win 60 games a season under O'Brien's leadership... If our players are still out of control off the court, I guarantee you're still going to see 9,000 fans per home game.

The bottom line is, most fans wanted the rebuilding, not because we don't mind winning 20 games each of the next 2 years, but because we're sick and tired of many (not all) of the current players.
Trying to hang in there

Florence, KY

#5 Jun 1, 2007
Slim wrote:
That's great and all, but first, establish some ground rules for this team!! I don't care if we win 60 games a season under O'Brien's leadership... If our players are still out of control off the court, I guarantee you're still going to see 9,000 fans per home game.
The bottom line is, most fans wanted the rebuilding, not because we don't mind winning 20 games each of the next 2 years, but because we're sick and tired of many (not all) of the current players.
Your wrong, if we win 60 games the stands will be full. If Tinsley is still here, I could care less if he wants to get into trouble every now and then.
Chas man

United States

#6 Jun 1, 2007
Man, go back and look at all the comments you morons pumped out yesterday on the news of O'Brien's coming to the pacer's and how it is a 180 degree turn around! Make up your minds!
humm

Ukraine

#7 Jun 1, 2007
dump the camel Tinsley!

The name camel comes to English via the Greek κάμ ηλο ς (kámēlos) from the Hebrew gamal or Arabic "JAMAL".

from wikipeadia.org
Todd

United States

#8 Jun 1, 2007
"Camel" Tinsley....haha I like it.
Todd

United States

#9 Jun 1, 2007
Of course my previous post doesn't make sense because I was responding to someone else who posted this gem and then deleted their post...

"The name camel comes to English via the Greek kámēlos from the Hebrew gamal or Arabic "Jamal".

From widipedia
jim b

Louisville, KY

#10 Jun 1, 2007
o'brien is a superior pro coach. within 24 hours, the magic paid a coach with no pro experience a ton of money and the pacers got o'brien on the cheap.(relatively speaking)
his first moves are indicative; harter and an emphasis on marquis. give bird some credit. afterall, if it wasn't for don nelson's game plan and baron davis( see steve kerr's all playoff team), the warriors would not have made the playoffs and would not have beat the mavs, and the gs fans would be crying about how they got fleeced in the trade. harrington stunk up the playoffs and jackson had a good playoff run mainly because the opps had to double an injured Baron Davis.
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 1, 2007
jim b wrote:
o'brien is a superior pro coach. within 24 hours, the magic paid a coach with no pro experience a ton of money and the pacers got o'brien on the cheap.(relatively speaking)
his first moves are indicative; harter and an emphasis on marquis. give bird some credit. afterall, if it wasn't for don nelson's game plan and baron davis( see steve kerr's all playoff team), the warriors would not have made the playoffs and would not have beat the mavs, and the gs fans would be crying about how they got fleeced in the trade. harrington stunk up the playoffs and jackson had a good playoff run mainly because the opps had to double an injured Baron Davis.
Enjoyed your comments. thats the way I see things also. I also liked the comment 'for the fickle fans that did an 180 degree turn around in 12 hours are now jumping on the bandwagon'! Ha! Lot of unintelligible comments made. I made one yesterday to get a rise and no one caught it! Come on wake up you basketball experts. Jim is the man! Now, trade Tinsley. Make the LAL connection for JO. Ship Harrison and lets play ball!
Half Full

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jun 1, 2007
Jim is Irish and I am English.
Give Larry the the bird.
Gas prices suck and so do taxes.
Darrel Armstrong will be a great coach.
IU will win a championship.
Purdue will have another DUI.
Someone will respond to this post.
Now you won't because I said that.
T.G.I.F.
Pacers Fan

Reynolds, IN

#13 Jun 1, 2007
I like the style O'Brien is talking about but the only problem is that Tinsley can't make it to half court in 3 seconds.
Zeke

Ft Mitchell, KY

#14 Jun 1, 2007
Trying to hang in there wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong, if we win 60 games the stands will be full. If Tinsley is still here, I could care less if he wants to get into trouble every now and then.
I disagree but then again we'll never know because there is no way in hell the team will ever win 60 games with Tinsley in the line up. That guy is a cancer that eats away at a team and a fan base.
Jim in Greenwood

Latonia, KY

#15 Jun 1, 2007
What the heck, open it up. That is what they want to do, let 'em run! It will be more interesting than what we've been watching.
James

Greencastle, IN

#16 Jun 1, 2007
jim b wrote:
o'brien is a superior pro coach. within 24 hours, the magic paid a coach with no pro experience a ton of money and the pacers got o'brien on the cheap.(relatively speaking)
his first moves are indicative; harter and an emphasis on marquis. give bird some credit. afterall, if it wasn't for don nelson's game plan and baron davis( see steve kerr's all playoff team), the warriors would not have made the playoffs and would not have beat the mavs, and the gs fans would be crying about how they got fleeced in the trade. harrington stunk up the playoffs and jackson had a good playoff run mainly because the opps had to double an injured Baron Davis.
This is exactly the way I saw the trade and have always thought that the Pacers got the best of the trade. Diogu can be a very good contributor and Dunleavy can score. I am glad to be rid of "disappear in the playoffs" Harrington and "thug" Jackson. What O'Brien says sounds good, but all new coaches talk like that. I will wait and see.
mike in indy

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jun 1, 2007
Half Full wrote:
Jim is Irish and I am English.
Give Larry the the bird.
Gas prices suck and so do taxes.
Darrel Armstrong will be a great coach.
IU will win a championship.
Purdue will have another DUI.
Someone will respond to this post.
Now you won't because I said that.
T.G.I.F.
I do not understand why people say Darrell Armstrong will be a great coach. He does seem freindly with personality, but he was always a point guard with athletic ability who was erratic and made too many mistakes. Aside from hitting three's last year, he did nothing to help run the offense last year, and he was his own distraction at times.
whatever

United States

#18 Jun 1, 2007
I'm not fired up about O'brien, but pushing the ball will help. All you Tinsley haters need to give it a rest. When he is healthy(big if), he is a middle of the road PG which is good enought to win (See Jason Williams of the heat). And the only time he gets in trouble is when Daniels came to town, who is a waist of a roster space. If you are going to bash Tinsley, why not Daniels?
the the

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Jun 1, 2007
Even if they lose because they arent built to run, it will be more fun than watching tinsley walk his fat ass up the court and foster complain every time he committed homicide on the court. Score 100 a night and give up 120. That will draw fans (to watch the other team at least).

“Mike Tyson ate my children.”

Since: Jan 07

Camby, IN

#20 Jun 1, 2007
Half Full wrote:
Jim is Irish and I am English.
Give Larry the the bird.
Gas prices suck and so do taxes.
Darrel Armstrong will be a great coach.
IU will win a championship.
Purdue will have another DUI.
Someone will respond to this post.
Now you won't because I said that.
T.G.I.F.
You're about half right on those. 5 out of 9

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web