Shooting spree good for Pacers

All Travis Diener could say was "wow." Andre Owens, getting dressed several lockers away, yelled out, "Is that a record?" The shooting percentage didn't blow anybody away, but the Indiana Pacers put on a ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ironic

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 14, 2007
I don't think the headline for this article is necessary.
Wow

AOL

#2 Oct 14, 2007
ironic wrote:
I don't think the headline for this article is necessary.
Very good point.
Please explain

Rockford, IL

#3 Oct 14, 2007
What do you mean the headline isn't 'necessary'???
Please explain gets it

Rockford, IL

#4 Oct 14, 2007
I get it now, nice catch.
Holy cow

Houston, TX

#5 Oct 14, 2007
Beautiful headline. Very cleaver and appropriate. Also...Tinsley is hurt already? He's starting early this year.
Sixbucksammy

Evansville, IN

#6 Oct 14, 2007
I watched last nights game to see if the team could match the hype. To my surprise they did.
The ball moved they got into their offense with more than 3 seconds left on the shot clock and actually played some defense. The game was on a second TV with sound muted while I enjoyed watching the 24 get number 81 at the sametime. Then I saw the one move that made the Pacers improved movement and defense make sense. Turnover Tinsely in street cloths. It was a sight for sore Pacer basketball eyes.
formerpacerfan

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Oct 14, 2007
WTF. Tinsley is injured already? I thought he was O'Brien's guy. He is the worst PG in the league anyway. This season is over already for these thugs!! Thank God we have the Colts! By the way, I think the headline is hilarious.
Annimal

United States

#9 Oct 14, 2007
The very point that when you read the headline and your mind immediately thinks one of the players shot someone and you don't think a thing about it tells a sad story! Pacers = Thugs! Bunch of rich over-indulged thugs!
Lets Support These Guys

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Oct 14, 2007
Basically, we need to give these guys our support ONCE more! As they're lookin good & playin hard. Let's keep it UP!:)
x pacers fan

Shepherdsville, KY

#11 Oct 14, 2007
Lets Support These Guys wrote:
Basically, we need to give these guys our support ONCE more! As they're lookin good & playin hard. Let's keep it UP!:)
Haahaahahaha! Your killing me.
Colt45

Greens Fork, IN

#12 Oct 14, 2007
What? Tinsley can't raise his arm above his shoulder? That's one way to keep him from shooting the ball...
Good news is that Diener looked good, but he wasn't challenged defensively yet. So far so good, we'll see...

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#14 Oct 14, 2007
The team looked great! They passed it alot they didn't get rattled, they moved away from the ball alot more than in the past. The guard play was excellent. They had more fun. The crowd was more enthusiastic.

It was a great night for basketball!
oldlady

United States

#15 Oct 14, 2007
I watched last nights game and for the most part, I liked what I saw.

They are giving Jermaine too much credit and he is giving himself too much credit for what was done. As you know he was on the bench probably most of the time. Good place for him if we have to have him.

Those guys played their hearts out and accomplished what they deserved to happen. A VICTORY! Keep on running! Let Jermaine know that is what is happening. It took him another 5 to 6 seconds to get down court. Too long. He tries his best to get the team out of Rhythym. I loved it when he kept calling for the ball and they just kept doing what they were doing. Making the 3 point shots.

They kept talking about Dunleavy and others not being able to play last year, well they could play, Rick and Jermaine wouldn't let them. There is a difference. This year so far anyway, Jim O'Brien is going to let them (the whole team) play ball not just Jermaine. Praise God for that. I would love to see a winning team in Indianapolis, not a whinning team, Jermaine style. Maybe Jermaine will finally grow up this year, get over himself, and assist some of the other guys instead of expecting the guys to assist him. If it doesn't work, he whines. Poor baby needs to go home to Mommy.....

TEAM keep up the good work and you will be WINNERS. A winner to me, is one that does their best. Even if the score at the end of the game is a deficit, well if you have done your best you my friend are a WINNER! DON'T be a ball hog, respect your teammates and help one another.

God bless the Pacers each and everyone! You are LOVED!!!!!
Go Pacers

Etna Green, IN

#16 Oct 14, 2007
Very good. If your going to boycott the Pacers already after seeing this your crazy. Great tempo, great scoring, great ball movement. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. Everyone really looked. Shawne Williams impressed me, he looked alot better than Granger last night. Diener was great. Dunleavy looks much improved. But we'll see...
Go Pacers

Padova, Italy

#17 Oct 14, 2007
Some of you people are really sad. You complain even when the Pacers actually play GREAT basketball (see yesterday's game) and win. You are worthless people . It must be a joy beinbg around you. You keep crying and crying all the time. Get off the Pacers back. And PLEASE, JUST PLEASE, dont jump on the bandwagon when this team starts winning, claiming that you are the greatest Pacers fans in the world. Thank YOU!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PACERSSSSSSSSSS
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

Atlanta, IN

#18 Oct 14, 2007
2 and 0. Undeafeated! We best enjoy it while we can, however much one can savor any preseason victory. It's not likely to happen a lot during the regular season. Does O'Brien and Bird really believe they can get ONeal, Harrison and Tinsley (to mention only three) to run hard through an 82-game schedule (not counting the promised playoff games)? Shoot, we can't even get all three on the court at once in two preseason games. Think those guys won't dog it or "develop" injuries to avoid running hard as the season quickly becomes a marathon grind ?
Indy Joe

Anderson, IN

#19 Oct 14, 2007
I 'spect some of you guys never were
Pacer fans. Don't worry, Cavemen is
on. Tune in and watch your smarter,
cuter, younger brothers!
Miles McStinkelstein

Frankfort, IL

#20 Oct 14, 2007
A win is a win, but shooting 37% from the field and 55% from the free throw line isn't going to get it done boys.

Note to Jermaine O'neal: For the love of gawd please improve your horrendous footwork man!
Adam

Lexington, KY

#21 Oct 14, 2007
formerpacerfan wrote:
WTF. Tinsley is injured already? I thought he was O'Brien's guy. He is the worst PG in the league anyway. This season is over already for these thugs!! Thank God we have the Colts! By the way, I think the headline is hilarious.
It's preseason. People sit out preseason games with minor injuries all the time. Tinsley played 72 out of 82 games last season, which isn't bad. Quit whining and do a little research about something before trying to make your lame point. By the way the Colts have had more players arrested than the Pacers over the last 2 or 3 years.
FORMER HOOSIER

Alhambra, CA

#22 Oct 14, 2007
Miles McStinkelstein wrote:
A win is a win, but shooting 37% from the field and 55% from the free throw line isn't going to get it done boys.
Note to Jermaine O'neal: For the love of gawd please improve your horrendous footwork man!
Umm... actually, it DID get it done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web