Practice fatigue settling in

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The Indiana Pacers have had four practices under new coach Jim O'Brien , and the constant running is starting to take its toll, especially with their jump shots.
Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Oct 8, 2007
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brent Judge

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Uh, Dave? I've always liked you, but what gives you the notion that the Pacers have any "integrity" to insult? Can you be so inconceivably dense as to not recognize the need for discipline and rules for a team that has justifiably acquired a reputation for unrelenting knuckleheadedness?
Randy

Henderson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Anything new: "Jemaine's knee is a little sore". Its going to be a long year Pacer Fans.
Michael

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

I echo Brent's comments...the Pacers unfortunatley have not proven that they can act as adults and should be grounded! Maybe David Harrison ha, but too many of his teammates have not!
Cops

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

All O'Brien need to do to get them to run is to come to practice dressed like a cop. They're used to running from cops, but not for a coach.
Come ON

Pryor, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Are you kidding? They had the team to run with Jackson, Harrington and the other guys...And now they're trying to run...They will get ran out of the gym by all the other teams....

O'brien keep trying: who knows? I will not return to watch the Pacers until Bird is gone....

Pacers will be last in the league...
Old timer

Pryor, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

I have to do what my boss tells me to do if I want to get paid. That is part of life. If you don't like it find work somewhere else.
Rob

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

I like the new vibe that coach brings. Go Pacers!!
ONEINAMILLION

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Three or four practices and FATIGUE, you have to be kidding.
The Truth

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

David Harrison: Shut your pie hole and finally play to your size. If you don't, you're not in the league next year.
PaulBulldog

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Four practices and we're already tired. Upset with a curfew because we're adults and we should be treated as such. Forget the new-look, new-attitude Pacers. Seems like the old version is back for another lousy year.
Talon

Gilberts, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

I totally agree with the decision to ban cell phone's and other activities while on the road or even during the season all together. Sure your adults but you don't exactly act like it when you go to strip clubs and have shoot outs like your in the old west. Not to mention drug charges and fights while at clubs or in a public place. The team has a certain responsibility to obtain not to mention a image to uphold playing for kids that look up to you as role models. I've lost my faith in the Pacers over the years with the activities that's gone outside of the court.

You guys need to get your act together, and stop acting like a bunch of thugs. That's the problem with the NBA in general, it seems like players are only in it for the money and not the love of the game. College basketball is so much better cause you got kids that are in it for the game and not for all the "glamor" that tags along with being in the NBA.

The Pacers need to straighten up and stop acting like a bunch of thug/criminals and play some ball.

Cautiously optimistic

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

The Pacers need rules; O'Brien's seems to run a tight ship. That's what this team needs. And four days into camp and no bar brawls yet.....too fatigued. It's all good.

David Harrison needs to either shape up or ship out. We don't need his whining. Larry, are you listening?
Maxx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

David Harrisons comment gave me a chuckle.
He seems to have forgotten that some of his teammates have shown that to be treated like an adult you have to act like one first.
And a few of them have shown that they are not adults. But spoiled, overpaid children who have to be watched constantly to keep them out of trouble.
Sad but true.
jdjd

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

The very last player on this team that should be saying "we are adults" ...is David Harrison.

Physically...yes he is. Mentally...no he isn't.
Naptown

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

I wish we could get rid of the Pacers and get a professional baseball or hockey team.

Since: May 07

Bunker Hill, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

What a joke...
It's probably fatigue from those late nights at Club Rio and smokin' too much dope.
rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

The main mistake the Pacers made was NOT in keeping Jackson, Harrington, or even Artest too long--it was keeping Rick Carlisle too long. It was just SO obvious that we should have made this coaching change before the start of last year!! Who could POSSIBLY disagree with that? And as far as their lack of conditioning goes, that falls on Shawn Windle, the Strength and Conditioning Coach. Blame the people responsible, don't put it all on certain players.
yup

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Naptown wrote:
I wish we could get rid of the Pacers and get a professional baseball or hockey team.
i agree w/ ya there.
pacer fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

Shawn Windle isn't the players babysitter, he can't make the guys come to the fieldhouse and work out. So I'm guessing the players that are fatigued are the players that left Indy for off season and showed up 2 days before training camp and did nothing to prepare their body for training camp. And remember people this is training camp, lets see what they can do when the season starts.
David David David

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

It figures it would be Harrison quoted on an issue like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danny Granger Discussions

Search the Danny Granger Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••