Pacers pull off stunner

Pacers pull off stunner

There are 39 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 2, 2007, titled Pacers pull off stunner. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Pacers' chances were supposed to be slim. No, it's mine: Indiana's Mike Dunleavy fights for the ball with San Antonio's Tim Duncan in third-quarter action.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sealionindy

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2007
This truly shows what a team can do when all players can do when on the same page at the same time.
Jo Blo

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Apr 2, 2007
Give me a break! Spurs gave Pacers the game...Pacers, coaches, front office are a joke...
Mike

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2007
i've said it before and i will say it again.....these guys are a better team without O'Neal in the line-up....i thought they proved that once upon a time when he was out with an injury...the offense actually flows
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2007
Jo Blo wrote:
Give me a break! Spurs gave Pacers the game...Pacers, coaches, front office are a joke...
Spurs dont give teams games. You have to take it from them and that is what the Pacers did. Look, every team has its day and last night was the Pacer's night. I dont think anyone is suggesting that the Pacers are better than the Spurs, but they are still a team that can compete night in and night out. They should still make the playoffs if they pull it together and try to build on this. Its amazing how much better our offense looks when Jermaine doesnt hold it for 10 seconds with his back to the basket every possession down the court.
Jim

Frankfort, IN

#5 Apr 2, 2007
Proof again JO must go, every time he's out of the line up they win and or play better. Come on guys, cut him loose! He slows the whole offense down cause you know he has to get his touches. Rick has to run everything through him. Well I think even if we don't get a lottery pick we get one by sending JO packing.
hot stuff

Woodward, IA

#6 Apr 2, 2007
Where are you Tinsley bashers now? Oh, I'm sure you'll dream up something up as you always do! He hits the game winning shot & deflects their inbounds pass at the end( with the flu by the way). OK...I got one for you...he MIGHT have helped us make the playoffs with this win so we MIGHT not be in the lottery! You people make me sick.
Jay

Burbank, CA

#7 Apr 2, 2007
There's no reason to win now and one game doesn't mean anything. I'm a Tinsley basher by the way. HE's a bum.
randy

Peoria, IL

#8 Apr 2, 2007
If they try really hard they could win away their 1st round pick. Go Pacers. Idiots.
Florida Fan

Troy, MI

#9 Apr 2, 2007
Read Bob Kravatz article on benching the worn, injured and lame Pacers allowing the new boys to play. Not a bad idea! It worked last night. While it won't all the time, they will still benefit mightily by the experience and actual playing time.
Marullo

AOL

#10 Apr 2, 2007
Jay wrote:
There's no reason to win now and one game doesn't mean anything. I'm a Tinsley basher by the way. HE's a bum.
And by the elevated, intelligent tone of your writing, you must spend most of your time marketing with Mike Pence.
Mr Verity

Whitestown, IN

#11 Apr 2, 2007
hot stuff wrote:
Where are you Tinsley bashers now? Oh, I'm sure you'll dream up something up as you always do! He hits the game winning shot & deflects their inbounds pass at the end( with the flu by the way). OK...I got one for you...he MIGHT have helped us make the playoffs with this win so we MIGHT not be in the lottery! You people make me sick.
There have been games when Tinsley took too many shots, and then the Tinsley bashers said, "He took too many shots."

There have been occasions when Tinsley showed poor judgment with his on- or off-court behavior, and the Tinsley bashers said, "He has shown poor judgment."

There was an occasion where the Tinsley was punished by the coach for failing to arrive at practice on time, and the Tinsley bashers said, "He doesn't arrive at practice on time."

Yesterday, Tinsley played a good game, and nobody has said anything against his performance.

hot stuff, I suggest your, "You make me sick" comment is unreasonable and mean-spirited.
The OS

Bloomington, IN

#12 Apr 2, 2007
What was more of a stunner, the fact the Pacers won a game in 2007, or that Tinsley made a shot?
Still sucking

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Apr 2, 2007
One win over a top NBA team does not a season make. Quit trying to make the Pacers out to be this great team-focused team. They stole a game from the Spurs. Plain and simple. They still suck and everyone knows it. So put down your rose-colored glasses and take off your blinders and accept the fact that this Pacers team is a nightmare. SCREAM! You'll feel better about it.
Connie Kauffman

El Mirage, AZ

#14 Apr 2, 2007
GO "PACERS"!!!!! We knew you could do it! You just had to make up your minds & do it!!!! As they say "It ain't over till the Fat Lady sings"!!!!
Cincy1cats

Johnston, IA

#15 Apr 2, 2007
One win and everything is great in Pacers land??? Come on, this team will never be any better then average. This team needs some major changes from the top on down.
Hoosier Sammy

Hebron, KY

#16 Apr 2, 2007
Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn now and then.

All this win means is the Spurs played down to the Pacers level.

This team this organization still has serious problems that will not be fixed by the current leaders/owners any time soon.

Relax everybody the Pistons arrive on Tuesday and the loosing starts all over again.
James

Greencastle, IN

#17 Apr 2, 2007
It does seem like the Pacers play better without O'Neal in the lineup. Last night they moved the ball and everyone contributed. When J.O. is there, the ball goes in to him and everyone stands around while J.O. goes one on one. Tinsley played well last night. Sometimes he looks bad and other times he looks great. I just wish he would be consistently great! Diogu is a diamond in the rough. I've been saying that from the beginning. It really helps when we have balanced scoring. I was really proud of our team last night. And I agree with some of the postings --- the Spurs don't give away games. They might have approached this game with some overconfidence, but no way do they give a game away. The Pacers earned it!
ONEiOPN

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Apr 2, 2007
You're backing Tinsley after one game winning shot? We wouldn't have even needed it if he hadn't shot so many times in the minutes preceding it. He drove over and over into the lane not passing and got stopped dead having to throw up prayers toward the rim. He drove down the lane three times in a row missing every single time. So, he finally made one with time running out. That's one game out of many where he's tried to be a superstar rather than a team player. One shot goes in and we're supposed to embrace him and love him...a lot of good his finally making a shot does now that we've lost so many others because of him.
eli

United States

#20 Apr 2, 2007
Connie Kauffman wrote:
GO "PACERS"!!!!! We knew you could do it! You just had to make up your minds & do it!!!! As they say "It ain't over till the Fat Lady sings"!!!!
Well ..since your a "fat lady", you and others of your ilk will sing like Warren Beaty (more like squeel like a pig ) in the 30 year old "Deliverance" movie soon enough. This horrible season will be over soon enough , Rick Carlisle will be fired , and all Pacer fans will be "Delivered" from this evil fortieth season!!!!
p.s. tinsley is a punk
Pacers

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Apr 2, 2007
Anytime the Pacers win now it's a stunner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web