Dunleavy says offense better if he's involved

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers shooting guard Mike Dunleavy says the numbers don't lie. Looking for space: Indiana's Danny Granger maneuvers against Portland's Martell Webster during the first half of their game Wednesday ...
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2007
freeze

Tel Aviv, Israel

#1 Nov 29, 2007
Obrien made a mistake - a free throw at that point have given the pacers a four point lead...Shawn was in rythm after hitting the first - anyone who playes the game knows his chances are higher if he shoots without a T.O...
Go Pacers.
Dan in South Carolina

Demorest, GA

#2 Nov 29, 2007
Another victory without JO.
Excuse Me

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Nov 29, 2007
Mike Dunleavy said it. The Pacers are a better team when they do not stand around on the perimeter while Jermaine O'Neal goes one on one in the post. Move the ball, play a team game, get everyone involved and the Pacers win. Play J/O ball and Jermaine goes to the All-Star game and the Pacers lose. The choice is obvious.
James

Greencastle, IN

#5 Nov 29, 2007
"Excuse Me" said it right on the nose. I just hope that when J.O. comes back he will have received the message that we need to run and that he will work into that type of game.
jct

Louisville, KY

#6 Nov 29, 2007
James wrote:
"Excuse Me" said it right on the nose. I just hope that when J.O. comes back he will have received the message that we need to run and that he will work into that type of game.
Yeah...I bet that happens. If he receives the message, it's got to come from the coach. A premadonna just doesn't give up his ego.
supercolts

Danville, IN

#7 Nov 29, 2007
I hope that JO plays like he is just another player out there and not like he is the answer to the problem becasue there is no problem
Duh

West Lafayette, IN

#8 Nov 29, 2007
These types of comments/"analysis" are the stupidest. It's like saying

"The Pacers are 9-0 when they score more points than the other team"

or

"The Pacers do well when Granger scores alot of points"

Really?? News to me!
Alfred Neuman

Skokie, IL

#9 Nov 29, 2007
Then score
bobyknightdidnts hoothegun

Elgin, IL

#10 Nov 29, 2007
I think it is a great thing that dunleavy is speaking what he and alot of people will start seeing that this YMCA kid can play... confednce will do alot of things....
The LowDown

Pryor, OK

#11 Nov 29, 2007
Surely Jermaine will be traded at some point this season. The Pacers should be able to get a good player who better fits into their scheme, but first Jermaine needs to play so other teams can see he still has game.
JO must GO

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Nov 29, 2007
Dunleavy is correct, they are clearly a better team when he has a good game, but...what does that really mean - as in, who's fault is that really, him or the coach or his teammates = that's what needs to be figured out first. Also, speaking of numbers don't lie, the team is clearly playing better without JO (just stating a fact people, no offense to him, but you know).

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#13 Nov 29, 2007
I guess if you remember when JO was in the running for MVP; or when he scored 55 points in a game against Milwaukee, asked to be pulled out instead of breaking Reggie's mark, it's easier to give him the benefit of the doubt. If you only look at what has happened recently since he's been injured, then of course you're going to see him as the problem.

CRC had alot to do with the Pacers playing JO ball. Coach O'Brien has already shown he's not going to allow the team to slow it down and play that style. He knows JO has the athleticism to play an up tempo game when healthy.

When JO gets his health back he'll be right there with the rest of them playing a motion offense. He's not above playing that style. I just think he played the style CRC wanted from him. Coach O'Brien has a different style, and JO will find his niche in this new style too.

Go Pacers!!!

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#14 Nov 30, 2007
I guess the thing that got me about this story was that Shawn Williams was trash-talking during this time period. I know talking trash is as common as flies, but I subscribe to the "just shut up and play" philosophy. I always loved for guys to talk trash to me when I was playing any sport. The more they'd talk, the quieter I'd be and the better I'd play. Focus Shawn, focus. When I coached, trash talking bought the player a few laps. No need to motivate the other players.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Danny Granger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••