Pacers can't slow Rockets' run

A couple of turnovers, questionable shot selection and quite a few defensive breakdowns turned what might have been a good game into a one-sided affair in a matter of three minutes Wednesday night at the Toyota ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
indy

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 6, 2008
keep it going..........you need to loose more
Disgusted

AOL

#2 Mar 6, 2008
This is one poor excuse for a basketball team.
Speed is the problem

Cumberland, MD

#3 Mar 6, 2008
Of course speed is a problem. When a team starts Murphy and Dunleavy they are going to be the slowest team in the league. The Pacers need to figure out who they are. They want to run but have very slow players. They want to defend but have very bad defenders. Every year Larry Bird changes the system and then goes out and gets exactly the opposite kind of player that would fit that system. This team is a tran wreck and Bird is the Engineer. He needs to go just like 75% of the players on this team.
Noah Webster

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Mar 6, 2008
indy wrote:
keep it going..........you need to loose more
You need to learn how to spell.
Ghost of Reggie

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 6, 2008
Why do you even have articles about this team in the Sports page anyway? I can learn all I need to know on the arrest blotter.
Toxicprof

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#6 Mar 6, 2008
"The difference in speed in their team and our team is like night and day."

Uh ... Larry ... weren't we supposed to be the fast one?
Gene Keady

United States

#7 Mar 6, 2008
How did Carl Landry do? Wonderful reporting yet again by the Indystar.
supercolts

Danville, IN

#8 Mar 6, 2008
It alright Pacers keep playing to win and let the chips fall where they may and at the end of the season we are either in the playoffs or might get a good pick. I like the nucleous of the team and I am lookin forward to next season when the players understand Obriens system better and Bird makes a couple of moves...GO PACERS!! the good, the bad, the ugly, I will always be a fan
Gene Keady

United States

#9 Mar 6, 2008
Landry -- 13 points (5-10 shooting), 7 rebs, 1 steal in only 20 minutes. That's what I'm talkin' about, Carl!
Snooze

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 6, 2008
Gene Keady wrote:
Landry -- 13 points (5-10 shooting), 7 rebs, 1 steal in only 20 minutes. That's what I'm talkin' about, Carl!
Sports Guy on ESPN.com has a nice little blurb about Landry and his contributions to the Rockets. Many are calling him the steal of the draft.
pacer_fan_for_li fe

Bloomington, IN

#11 Mar 6, 2008
Ghost of Reggie wrote:
Why do you even have articles about this team in the Sports page anyway? I can learn all I need to know on the arrest blotter.
why do you even bother to comment on the Pacers then? Its not fair to the other 8 players on this team that have stayed out of trouble to be labeled this way.
pacer_fan_for_li fe

Bloomington, IN

#12 Mar 6, 2008
supercolts wrote:
It alright Pacers keep playing to win and let the chips fall where they may and at the end of the season we are either in the playoffs or might get a good pick. I like the nucleous of the team and I am lookin forward to next season when the players understand Obriens system better and Bird makes a couple of moves...GO PACERS!! the good, the bad, the ugly, I will always be a fan
Finally a "real" fan steps up, we have way too many fair weather fans that only like the Pacers when they win games, people use the excuse that its because of the off court stuff, but they were the same way in the early 90's when the Pacers sucked and nobody was getting into trouble.
barbara billingham

Dublin, CA

#13 Mar 6, 2008
Attn LARRY BIRD:

You and Donnie Walsh should be run out of town. Simons, as well. RESIGN OR BE FIRED! You are the worst president in Pacers history. GO BACK TO FRENCH LICK or wherever you want to go - and take the Pacers with you!!!
Hugh Jorgan

Greens Fork, IN

#14 Mar 6, 2008
You go Barbara Billingham!! BTW, the Pacers started 4 white guys last night. Wonder when the last time that happened in the NBA, if ever.
USF

Pryor, OK

#15 Mar 6, 2008
Hugh Jorgan wrote:
You go Barbara Billingham!! BTW, the Pacers started 4 white guys last night. Wonder when the last time that happened in the NBA, if ever.
The Pacers have been starting four white guys for over a month........People would know that if they paid attention, but they'd rather just p*ss and moan on a message board.
James

Greencastle, IN

#16 Mar 6, 2008
USF wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pacers have been starting four white guys for over a month........People would know that if they paid attention, but they'd rather just p*ss and moan on a message board.
This is what I thought when I read the racist comment. This team played hard. They are good players --- just not great players. They have to play their very best to beat the good teams (and, the Rockets are a good team!). They did not play that well last night. I continued to watch the game, though, clear to the end, even though it was a lost cause. I am a fan always and get tired of all the negatives (especially about calling ALL of the players "thugs".)
Leon Trotsky

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Mar 6, 2008
barbara billingham wrote:
Attn LARRY BIRD:
You and Donnie Walsh should be run out of town. Simons, as well. RESIGN OR BE FIRED! You are the worst president in Pacers history. GO BACK TO FRENCH LICK or wherever you want to go - and take the Pacers with you!!!
You should be worrying about The People,s Republic of California instead of the Pacers.
USF

Pryor, OK

#18 Mar 6, 2008
barbara billingham wrote:
Attn LARRY BIRD:
Oh, and by the way according to everyone in the organization this is the first year that Larry has made all of the basketball decisions. Now, you go back to California......or wherever you're from.
Tinsley for President

Plymouth, MN

#19 Mar 6, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
This is one poor excuse for a basketball team.
wow, we played a team that has the longest winning streak in nba this year, played strong for 3 quarters and lost a hard fought game.....hardly a poor excuse for a b-ball team, especially without it's 2 best players, we are not the miami heat people, give the team credit for something or at least make sense or save your post, idiots
Shawn Rodgers

United States

#21 Mar 6, 2008
It will only get better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
•••
•••

Danny Granger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••