Pacers having hard time at home

Pacers having hard time at home

There are 40 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 11, 2007, titled Pacers having hard time at home. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

At some point over the next two months, when they're fighting for a playoff spot to avoid one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference, the Indiana Pacers may look back at the week of Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Thin Line

United States

#22 Feb 11, 2007
If the ref's won't allow you to win games...you won't (generally), just that simple.

Free-Throws:

Denver 43 Indiana 13
LA (Clippers) 24 Indiana 9

The Pacers still managed a win despite todays game against the Clippers, but...it's very very difficult to win games when your opponent is being given such opportunities. Obviously the Denver game was ridiculous and if the ref's called it even remotely fair the Pacers win that game easily.
The Thin Line

United States

#23 Feb 11, 2007
"fake fan", what's that about. I say if you support players who are THUGS as citizens and who most certainly hurt the team...I call you people "fake fans". A real fan wants to see what's best for their team and...THUGS (such as Tinsley and Daniels, two players who have been involved in two seperate off-the-court brawls in only half a year) aren't that.
dwade king

United States

#24 Feb 11, 2007
listen this team sucks get a colage star throw some games try to be like da celtics
Debbie

Bloomington, IN

#25 Feb 11, 2007
sparkplug wrote:
What's done is done. What the guys need to do is come together as a team and spend time going over game plans. Nothing cures ills like winning! They just have a little deper hole to climb out of.
Go Pacers!
Until the next time...
EX Fan

Williams, IN

#26 Feb 11, 2007
Maybe, just maybe the would do better on the court if they fought as hard to win as they do in the wee hours of the morning out strutting their stuff in all the wrong places.
SJHawk42

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Feb 12, 2007
Jamaal maybe innocent of what "witnesses" claim he did last week. Regardless, he has been a very disappointing point guard. He doesn't have great court vision and panicks when the shot clock gets low prompting ball hogging poor shots or telegraphed passes into heavy traffic. Not to mention the number of games he has missed the past few years because of injury.

I was at the game Friday and the Refs obviously seemed to be sending a message with their hair trigger technicals. But Armstrong's temper tantrum charging of the official while being resrtained by teammates was immature and embarrassing. With that, we packed up the kids and left. I never leave a game before it finishes. We will be back for Family day on St. Patrick's, but there will have to be a lot of improvement and reconciliation to coax us back for more.
kristi

Plainfield, IN

#28 Feb 12, 2007
ok well here is the truth, everyone in the orginization except for a very few , are all fake. Try living with the an idiot who actually works with the pacers. its not just the team, its the whole group from top to bottom. I asked for help from the orginization and was laughed at. SO , I have one word for the whole PACERS ORGINIZATION 'KARMA'
Pro Basketball Blows

Evansville, IN

#29 Feb 13, 2007
Who cares no one goes to the games not even for $8. Instead they got to IU and Buttler games.
midwestspicoli

Evansville, IN

#30 Feb 13, 2007
dwade king wrote:
listen this team sucks get a colage star throw some games try to be like da celtics
There not really that bad, they are just always in trouble on 38th street. HHHHMMM Mabey they should clean that area up a bit and buldoze all the Pacers favorite strip club hangouts IE: Brade Gold Show Club, CLUB RIO, and Babes.
DIEHARD BOILER

Evansville, IN

#31 Feb 13, 2007
The Thin Line wrote:
If the ref's won't allow you to win games...you won't (generally), just that simple.
Free-Throws:
Denver 43 Indiana 13
LA (Clippers) 24 Indiana 9
The Pacers still managed a win despite todays game against the Clippers, but...it's very very difficult to win games when your opponent is being given such opportunities. Obviously the Denver game was ridiculous and if the ref's called it even remotely fair the Pacers win that game easily.
Yeah well guess what, the ref's are about eleventybillion times worst at Bloomington, cause just like a possom IU gets killed on the road. And for the record Kelvin Sampson sucks, he stole Eric Gorden from the Illini and probably payed him to go to IU cause he knew both of his parents would cover up for him since they graduated from IU and are diehard fans.
basketball fan

United States

#32 Feb 13, 2007
You cant fire an NBA player but you can quit buying tickets.....even when they lower to tickets to $4...one of these day, the Simons will wake up.
midwestspicoli

Evansville, IN

#33 Feb 13, 2007
basketball fan wrote:
You cant fire an NBA player but you can quit buying tickets.....even when they lower to tickets to $4...one of these day, the Simons will wake up.
YEAH WHEN THE NBA GETS A NEW COMISSIONER WHICH WILL BE WHEN LIKE NEVER.
Pete

San Francisco, CA

#34 Feb 14, 2007
The Thin Line wrote:
"fake fan", what's that about. I say if you support players who are THUGS as citizens and who most certainly hurt the team...I call you people "fake fans". A real fan wants to see what's best for their team and...THUGS (such as Tinsley and Daniels, two players who have been involved in two seperate off-the-court brawls in only half a year) aren't that.
In the event that Tinsley and Daniels aren't actually charged with anything (much like they weren't charged with anything in the Club Rio incident) will you man up and personally apologize to them? The most distasteful thing about Fake Pacer Fans is that ultimately they don't believe in due process, innocent until proven guilty, or giving a second chance. There is a lynch mob mentality amongst many of you that is more embarassing to witness than anything the Pacers are puported to have done.
Embarrassed

United States

#35 Feb 14, 2007
I suggest you get a copy of the polcie report and read the accounts of the criminal behavior of Tinsley and Daniels and their awful hate filled racist comments about white people. Then pay your money to watch them play know what they really think of you.
Pete

San Francisco, CA

#36 Feb 14, 2007
Embarrassed wrote:
I suggest you get a copy of the polcie report and read the accounts of the criminal behavior of Tinsley and Daniels and their awful hate filled racist comments about white people. Then pay your money to watch them play know what they really think of you.
Oh, yes, the police report! Why that's all the proof you need. No need for due process, an actual investigation, any criminal charges, any arrests, any trials, any talk of "innocent until proven guilty". Given Tinsley and Daniels' poor reputation before the 8 Seconds incident, is there a possibility that the bar owner took advantage of that and, gasp, possibly lied to the police about what actually happened?

If it comes to Tinsley and Daniels not actually being charged with anything, I take it you'll man up and issue a public apology to them?
Jamal Tinsley

Evansville, IN

#37 Feb 14, 2007
Embarrassed wrote:
I suggest you get a copy of the polcie report and read the accounts of the criminal behavior of Tinsley and Daniels and their awful hate filled racist comments about white people. Then pay your money to watch them play know what they really think of you.
GUESS WHAT GOOD LUCK FINDING THAT REPORT, CAUSE WE PAID THE COPS TO SHRED IT INTO LITTE TINY PEICES!
Carey from Carmel IN

Louisville, KY

#38 Feb 23, 2007
Jamal Tinsley wrote:
<quoted text>
GUESS WHAT GOOD LUCK FINDING THAT REPORT, CAUSE WE PAID THE COPS TO SHRED IT INTO LITTE TINY PEICES!
LINK TO POLICE REPORT:
http://wthr.images.worldnow.com/images/incomi...
RAPPIN RON ARTEST FAN

Evansville, IN

#39 Feb 25, 2007
Well it doesn't matter Artest is going to be on fire tonight when he kills the paces at the FEILD HOUSE!!!! MAKING THEM FEEL MORE SORRY THEN EVER FOR LETTING HIM GO AND KEEPING JUST SHOOT ME JACKSON.
I will rest my case Artest was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Pacers and a year after they got old WACKO JACKO they just had to let him go and not JACKO!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS BY FARRRR THE BIGGEST MISTAKE AN NBA TEAM HAS EVER MADE NEXT TO THE GS 4 MAN TRADE AND TONIGHT IT WILL SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
Carey from Carmel IN

Louisville, KY

#40 Feb 25, 2007
RAPPIN RON ARTEST FAN wrote:
Well it doesn't matter Artest is going to be on fire tonight when he kills the paces at the FEILD HOUSE!!!! MAKING THEM FEEL MORE SORRY THEN EVER FOR LETTING HIM GO AND KEEPING JUST SHOOT ME JACKSON.
I will rest my case Artest was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Pacers and a year after they got old WACKO JACKO they just had to let him go and not JACKO!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS BY FARRRR THE BIGGEST MISTAKE AN NBA TEAM HAS EVER MADE NEXT TO THE GS 4 MAN TRADE AND TONIGHT IT WILL SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
Big Ron was no show at tonights game "for personal reasons"! Good riddence-could'nt take all the booing probably! Who knows why he was a no show...go figure...
RAPPIN RON ARTEST FAN

Evansville, IN

#41 Feb 25, 2007
Carey from Carmel IN wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Ron was no show at tonights game "for personal reasons"! Good riddence-could'nt take all the booing probably! Who knows why he was a no show...go figure...
Ohh well then the Pacers are in for a sure win and I have no reason to watch the game. MAN DOES THIS TICK ME OFF I NEVER SEE BIG RON PLAY ANY MORE!

Secondly there were a ton of fans pissed when he left who are disipionted he's not playing tonight. Thirdly the Stephen Jackson trouble all started when artest left. I THINK JUST SHOOT ME JACKSON IS THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD GET BOO'D AT CONSECO Who isn't in a Pistins or Knicks uniform. AND UNFORCHENATLY THAT LUCKY BASTARD JUST HAD TO RETURN THE DAY AFTER THE COLTS WON THE BIG ONE AND EVERYONE IN THE CITY WAS TOO BUSY SAVORING THIER WIN TO EVEN THINK ABOUT GETTING MAD AT HIM. But jsut wait till JSUT SHOOT ME JACKSON returns to Conseco next year when the Colts are on another win streak before they repiet the big one. HE'LL GET IT AND HE GET IT GOOD WITH BOOS AND CURSE WORDS. However unforchenitally when we return to Oakland with Dun Leavy he will get booed about half as bad. AND THIS TIME JACKSON WON'T BE SO LUCKY LIKE THAT BASTARD WAS THE LAST TIME HE RETURNED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web