Pacers draw closer, not enough to win

Pacers draw closer, not enough to win

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 7, 2007, titled Pacers draw closer, not enough to win. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The offense and effort were better, but the Indiana Pacers still didn't have the resources to end their losing streak Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Bloomington, IN

#1 Mar 7, 2007
Same old story, Pacers lose again. I hope the Pacers don't make the play offs.
Don in Indy

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Mar 7, 2007
Again Sacramento's backcourt exposed the Pacers lack of quickness speed and competitive desire to compete defensively. Bibby must scare Tinsley? At least it looks like Tinsley is begging for mercy! Dunleavy's too slow and doen't have the athletic ability to stay with a quick determined guard the same as tinsley! It looks like when the opposing guard is determined to go to the hole Tinsley just steps aside and nonchalantly walks over and takes the ball out! Gutless!!! Shameful!!! I'll bet he's not so slow picking up his paycheck to go party? What do you think?
Greenwood Guy

Newport, KY

#3 Mar 7, 2007
Great adjustments on offense in second half. Keep running and being agressively balanced, forget the halfcourt b.s.
Play the entire game that way from start and maybe a win tonight against the Jazz? We shall see.
Bad_Fan

Carmel, IN

#4 Mar 7, 2007
Am I a bad fan for rooting for this team to get into the top ten picks?? I just think they need an impact player and we won't get one unless we lose enough to get into the top ten. If our pick falls at eleven or later, then we will lose our pick to Atlanta. I feel bad, but I actually get a little excited every time we lose. I don't think they're that far from it, but I think we need to get a top ten player to get back to the top of the east. Is this a bad perspective??
I want global warming

Grantville, PA

#5 Mar 7, 2007
Bad_Fan wrote:
Am I a bad fan for rooting for this team to get into the top ten picks?? I just think they need an impact player and we won't get one unless we lose enough to get into the top ten. If our pick falls at eleven or later, then we will lose our pick to Atlanta. I feel bad, but I actually get a little excited every time we lose. I don't think they're that far from it, but I think we need to get a top ten player to get back to the top of the east. Is this a bad perspective??
Do they even have a draft pick? Does anyone real care? Very undesireable team.
Rich from Indy

Kansas City, MO

#6 Mar 7, 2007
It's so obvious what this team needs it's pathetic. We need a point guard who can create, dish and play great defense. The best one on the team is Armstrong. And, that's a really bad thing.

Our 1 & 2 spots are the weak link on this team. Mainly the 1.
always a fan

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2007
Bad_Fan wrote:
I don't think so, not anymore, we won't go anywhere in the play offs anyway and a BIG statement needs to be made so some changes, for the better, I hope can be made. I hate to think this way because I really miss watching and enjoying them.
huh

AOL

#8 Mar 7, 2007
Who's the Pacers?
No One

Dyer, IN

#9 Mar 7, 2007
Bad_Fan wrote:
There is no current college player who is going to make an impact on any NBA team. There really is no current player in the NBA past his prime who is going to make an impact if the Pacers happened to make a trade in the off-season. There is talent on this team, I think coaching needs some serious adjustments.
Andrew

United States

#10 Mar 7, 2007
This team better make some serious splashes in the offseason or this team will be run out of town in a hurry. Is there a website up yet to organize a boycott of Pacers games? This needs to hit the Simons' ears.
Steve in Avon

United States

#11 Mar 7, 2007
So this is what our Pacers have become? Almost comebacks, moral victories, signs the team might actually play better in a day or two and win a game. Hey...maybe Bird and Walsh will kinda maybe sorta get their collective heads outta their rear and get a new coach and bring in a player or two that can defend the perimeter. Well...maybe they might think about it. I guess that'd be a moral victory and that seems good enough these days with this organization.
mark from lafayette

West Lafayette, IN

#12 Mar 7, 2007
The calls for a new point guard have not been ignored by the team. I think you will see less time for Tinsley and more for anyone else who can step up. I don't think there is one player consistent enough though. I hope there is one available at the draft, because I don't think they have the cap space, unless they can mmove Tinsley, which will be difficult with the brushes with the authorities lately.
AJJ

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Mar 7, 2007
Jamal Tinsley is perhaps the worst outside shooter of any player under 6 foot 6 in the NBA. REALLY bad. When he does not shoot, we have a chance like the 3rd quarter...when Armstrong played. This team has ZERO chance to make the playoffs given their schedule. I mean, hosting Philly Sat night is not a guaranteed win at all, then back on the road where they have not won since before the Super Bowl.
Chuck Roast

Livingston, NJ

#14 Mar 7, 2007
Tinsley was on fire last night. 0-5 shooting 3's. You can always count on Tinsley to miss his shots at the end of the game to seal a loss. If the Paces would have hit 10% of their 3 point shots they would have won the game but they shot only 6%, 1-16, from 3 point land. This is more like a Saturday morning rec league shooting by second and third graders. Jeff Foxworthy needs to host a new show called Are You a Better Shot than a Fifth Grader and have the Pacers lead the show. Tinsley and others would get smoked.
Eddie in Fla

AOL

#15 Mar 7, 2007
Mark,
There are no moral victories with the talent on this team. Carlisle has lost his team again. If he doesnt go at the end of the season, Pacers will repeat the same effort next year.
Circle city chaos

Covington, KY

#16 Mar 7, 2007
Once again the opposing teams guards destroy us.

Is our #1 draft pick we traded for Al Top 10 protected?

I thought I read if Pacers pick in the first 10 spots, they get to keep pick and next year Hawks would get to use it.
GET SOME GUARDS

Utica, KY

#17 Mar 7, 2007
Once again we lost because we have too many forwards and not enought guards. So we prolly won't make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. Hhhmmmmmmm, we should have a good draft pick get a guard, if you draft another forward, I'm going to shoot myself in the head!!!!!!!!!!
Ohh year and one more thing trade the fuckin 3 stuges in next years draft to move up and get a good guard!!!!!!!!!! Then trade O'neal for a point guard!!!!!!!
GET SOME GUARDS

Utica, KY

#18 Mar 7, 2007
huh wrote:
Who's the Pacers?
The Indiana Forwards with 3 Gruard stuges
GET SOME GUARDS

Utica, KY

#19 Mar 7, 2007
Jim wrote:
Same old story, Pacers lose again. I hope the Pacers don't make the play offs.
for the first time in 10 years sorry I forgot about the '97 season when Reggie's house burnt down, because we have to many forwards and not enough guards.
TRADE JO AND THE 3 STUGES FOR SOME GUARDS THEN DRAFT ONE W/THIS WONDERFUL PICK OF YOURS!!!!!!!!!!
Louisville Pacer

Bardstown, KY

#20 Mar 7, 2007
At this point, there is nothing that Bird and Walsh can do. The trading deadline is past, and all they can do is ride the wave until offseason begins in a couple of months.

Besides, who wants most of the Pacer players?

Multiple long term contracts will keep this team on the downside for a long, long, long time.

It will be interesting to see the attendance numbers once they return home from another bad road trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web