Jackson enjoys best game of preseason

Jackson enjoys best game of preseason

There are 5 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 21, 2006, titled Jackson enjoys best game of preseason. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indiana Pacers shooting guard Stephen Jackson said it's just a matter of getting his legs back under him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Tim

AOL

#1 Oct 22, 2006
Thanks Mike, the article was a nice touch.

I am very proud of Stephen for going out every night, despite criticism, and putting an honest effort in out there.

There are so many people pleading to Bird to fire Jackson, but honestly they're well within their rights to feel this guy's gotta go, but at the same time they aren't able to distinguish a one-off with what they have perceived as his personality. IOW, when you add up his on-court demeanor and then the off-court incidents, most Pacers fans have a hard time separating the two. However, if Jackson continues to be a sport on the court, he's going to continue to build his reputation.

I'm really happy with Jackson as a Pacer and looking back over the last 30 years, he fits the mold.

Thanks again Mike Wells, and I wish you continued success, sir!
webby

Rising Sun, IN

#2 Oct 23, 2006
It seems like all a professional NBA player has to do to fix a damaged reputation is put in a couple good games. What a joke! Some of you people just amaze me!
Tim

AOL

#3 Oct 23, 2006
webby wrote:
It seems like all a professional NBA player has to do to fix a damaged reputation is put in a couple good games. What a joke! Some of you people just amaze me!
So, you think Reggie never went to night clubs? Ha, I could give you an ear full. Jackson made a mistake, and he's paying for it. If he uses discretion on the court, and works tirelessly to get the best shot, regardless if he gets punished in the process, he'll be Mr. Dynamite. Honestly though, he just needs to play like a real team guy. Forget about a long career and just play team ball, we'll do well with Steve on our side.

Some of you people just don't follow or connect the dots very well! lol
uno

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Oct 23, 2006
I thought this was a timberwolves board?!
mike barber

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2006
Hey Jacks,

Look around the City, it's none of my business what you do with all the money the Pacer fans put in your pocket, however I see plenty of areas in the city where you could step up and be a positive influence to a lot of youngersters that deserve a break in the game of live. Two that come to mind, Brookside Community Youth Program and Amaya Hess the young girl that was mauled by a pit bull this past summer. It's time you and the others stand up and start making a difference, something this organization and city can be proud of, don't you agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web