Granger, Pacers shut down Magic

Danny Granger scored 14 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter, and the Indiana Pacers beat the Orlando Magic 107-102 on Friday night to snap a three-game losing streak. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Chris

Preston, UK

#1 Feb 6, 2009
I'm hoping this is just a slip up and not a sign that without Nelson, the wheels are going to fall offthe wagon.

To be fair, Dwight Howard's box scores always look impressive but it doesnt tell the whole story as lately he has been playing so erratically. He drives into the paint totally out of control.

Come on Magic, lets get this together.
Jim

United States

#2 Feb 6, 2009
No defense. No intensity and focus. Turnovers. Missed free throws. Nothing more to say about this pathetic effort.

Right now the Magic have a record of 36-12. I am going to call for a record of 19-15 for them to finish out the season. That will make their final record 55-27. It will probably be a first round playoff exit as well. Time to pull the plug. It's all over.
Jim

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2009
Simple math here....if the Magic play consistent solid defense and give a full effort on a nightly basis then they can keep things rolling pretty good. If they do not then they are an average somewhat mediocre team at best who will get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
Glen

Clearwater, FL

#4 Feb 6, 2009
Howard is still very raw. The team didn't play good d-fens tonight and it cost them the game. Reddick was the smartest player out there until he elbowed Dunleavy in the face. That tops all the bad plays they had all night.
Chris

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2009
Didn't get to watch the game, just followed play by play.

The game must have been awful to watch. There were 50 fouls called. More than 1 foul per minute of play. If there are any highlights on ESPN it should be of the refs.

Was the game that sloppy or were the refs just trying to get on Sports Center?
Jon

Orlando, FL

#6 Feb 6, 2009
Never thought I would say this but Lue, we need you. Pietrus needs to step up his game and Lewis as well. Howard got robbed on alot of calls but still a terribly played game.
Jim

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2009
Chris wrote:
Didn't get to watch the game, just followed play by play.
The game must have been awful to watch. There were 50 fouls called. More than 1 foul per minute of play. If there are any highlights on ESPN it should be of the refs.
Was the game that sloppy or were the refs just trying to get on Sports Center?
Both.
MagicP4P

Clearwater, FL

#8 Feb 6, 2009
Man, the 118M-dollar 6'10 2-time All-Star couldn't stop the 6'9 1st-time All-Star Granjah. So pathetic and so embarrassing. This team is going down the toilet.
Magicact07

Land O Lakes, FL

#9 Feb 6, 2009
Sheesh.. What a horrible performance. No defensive intensity whatsoever. Even without jameer, this team is too good to be losing to a team like the pacers.
Mark19

AOL

#10 Feb 6, 2009
I am the biggest Magic fan out there, but I am starting to become depressed. Ever since Nelson went out, the energy has been lacking. It looks like Rashard disappeared. Dwight is complaining about the refs all the time. Johnson is not a good starting PG as shown by the fact that Stan went w/o him in the final quarter down the stretch. No PG in final streth = big problem. The defensive intensity is no where to be seen. I am a diehard fan, but cmon... when Reddick and Lee are the only people playing with energy, we are in big trouble. The Magic looked lost in the final quarter w/o Nelson. He hit all the big shots down the stretch. Stan is doing the best he can to patch up this gaping hole in the lineup. The guys need to match his intensity. CMON MAGIC!!! Let's get this train back on track!!!!
Dion

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Feb 6, 2009
D12 got blocked 7 times this game. and didn't Rashard say something about being more aggressive offensively? just one FT all game and avg 4 per game do not sound very aggressive to me ...
Dion

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Feb 6, 2009
i like troy murphy though. he is a real PF. imagine signing him? lewis can go back to the SF position and turk can score or run the offense as the 6th man. That would be a championship team for sure!!!!
Jon

Orlando, FL

#13 Feb 6, 2009
Any team that loses an all star will go down in terms of elite status. The magic will find themselves struggling in games now, and it will take defense to be the dominant team we were. We couldnt get that tonight, but I think it will come. Where is the granger guy that complains every time we play indiana? We shoulve drafted him, no doubt over Vasquez. Well, we still beat them 3-1 in the season series.
Austin

Gainesville, FL

#14 Feb 6, 2009
How the heck do we lose to a team like the Pacers, even without Jameer?!
I didn't get to see the game due to an exam tonight, but from what my family tells me, while we obviously kept it close, it wasn't pretty.
Reaper

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2009
Dion wrote:
i like troy murphy though. he is a real PF. imagine signing him? lewis can go back to the SF position and turk can score or run the offense as the 6th man. That would be a championship team for sure!!!!
i watched half the game and i thought turk was pretty bad running the offense. jj was bad as well i mean he fumble the ball a couple more times then what they say on the stat sheet. its sad too that jj and lee were the ones that brought the energy. i notice jj was ball hogging for sometime. no one helped them out.
Jim

United States

#16 Feb 6, 2009
New Jersey has won 3 games in a row and they have a winning road record, so the Magic can't come out soft on Sunday night like they did tonight.

Plain and simple, if this team doesn't play much defense they are an average team at best that is going nowhere fast.
NoHeartNoHustle

Kings Park, NY

#17 Feb 6, 2009
I dunno Magic fans..there is something about this team that is lacking, other than debth at bench...

I think there is a character flaw with Dwight Howard that will keep him from ever being truley a great player..

It seems like dwight spends more time complaining to the refs and discounting his free throw woes rather than bringing it every night..

I just don't see the same persona in dwight that existed in Shaq at his age not to mention the fire tha Wade and LeBron bring..

Dwight seems content..and a careful analysis of this Magic team will reveal to the astute observer that Otis Smith isn't the genious everyone makes him out to be..he is the beneficery of Dwight Howard, and Hedo..and not really anyone saw the Nelson thing coming this year.

Otis over paied Lewis,Lewis has been ok at best..not worth the richest contract in recent Magic history..$25 Millon to Petrius is iffy...he didnt show up tonight and i am not sure starting him makes the Magic any better..

There is no back up point guard on this team and low balling Dooling is proving to be a big big mistake.

In my opinion Smith lucked out with this team coming together, he made a poor choice in Billy donovan, van gundy just fell into his hands was never Otiss first choice..

As great as Jameer has been..we have seen this story before..Damon Staudomire...a ka. Mighty mouse..

Same size as Jameer..highly touted college career, but had a couple great years and the rest of his career..well no pun intended just didnt measure up..

NOt easy to win with a 5'10 pg with no adequate size as a back up.

Teams flaws are showing Otis.. and when Lebron and Wade team up in NY, or NJ the Magic and their bad contracts to Lewis, Petrus, Jameer are gonna rear its ugly head.
Adam

Mount Dora, FL

#18 Feb 6, 2009
Didn't watch the game, but I bet there are some doom sayers around here saying the Magic are done for the season now. While I don't think the next half of the season will be as good as the first. I will not give up on this year because of Nelson out, and I'm one of the few people that ALWAYS liked Jameer (Nice guy, ran into him at Best Buy once) But we will need to go back to the defense we showed on the west coast trip if we hope to win these kind of games we should be winning with Nelson out now. Go Magic! Get this gravy train rolling again!
Adam

Mount Dora, FL

#19 Feb 6, 2009
NoHeartNoHustle wrote:
I dunno Magic fans..there is something about this team that is lacking, other than debth at bench...
I think there is a character flaw with Dwight Howard that will keep him from ever being truley a great player..
It seems like dwight spends more time complaining to the refs and discounting his free throw woes rather than bringing it every night..
I just don't see the same persona in dwight that existed in Shaq at his age not to mention the fire tha Wade and LeBron bring..
Dwight seems content..and a careful analysis of this Magic team will reveal to the astute observer that Otis Smith isn't the genious everyone makes him out to be..he is the beneficery of Dwight Howard, and Hedo..and not really anyone saw the Nelson thing coming this year.
Otis over paied Lewis,Lewis has been ok at best..not worth the richest contract in recent Magic history..$25 Millon to Petrius is iffy...he didnt show up tonight and i am not sure starting him makes the Magic any better..
There is no back up point guard on this team and low balling Dooling is proving to be a big big mistake.
In my opinion Smith lucked out with this team coming together, he made a poor choice in Billy donovan, van gundy just fell into his hands was never Otiss first choice..
As great as Jameer has been..we have seen this story before..Damon Staudomire...a ka. Mighty mouse..
Same size as Jameer..highly touted college career, but had a couple great years and the rest of his career..well no pun intended just didnt measure up..
NOt easy to win with a 5'10 pg with no adequate size as a back up.
Teams flaws are showing Otis.. and when Lebron and Wade team up in NY, or NJ the Magic and their bad contracts to Lewis, Petrus, Jameer are gonna rear its ugly head.
There's that doom saying I was talking about. There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.
Tiffany

United States

#20 Feb 6, 2009
the pacers held it down tonight,they came in agressive,and showed no fear,danny had 33 points,and the pacers best player tj ford had 21 points

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1

Danny Granger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE