Knicks lose to Pacers, eye Indy exec ...

Knicks lose to Pacers, eye Indy exec Walsh

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Knicks lose to Pacers, eye Indy exec Walsh. In it, Newsday reports that:

If the Knicks have a list of potential candidates to replace Isiah Thomas as team president, one of the most respected names, Donnie Walsh, might not be available to them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

terraceinc

Haddam, CT

#1 Mar 18, 2008
If Don Walsh is as good a basketball man as they say he is; he should have ZERO interest in retaining Isiah Thomas as coach.
He may have hired him back in 2000 to coach for three years; but unless he has started going senile prematurely; Walsh would be doing himself, the franchise, and the fans a disservice of the highest order; if he kept Isiah Thomas around.
Walsh should clean house.... starting with Steve Mills and Isiah Thomas; and finishing with the unbelievably over priced dysfunctional roster that those two ignorant morons put together and signed off on.
MCJ

United States

#2 Mar 18, 2008
Why would the Knicks take a guy from another failure of a franchise? You guys want to get rid of Isiah that bad?? Yes, he needs to be replaced, but damn, could we at least talk to some of the up and coming junior execs from the successful teams out west instead of an almost 70 yr old retread that will need to be replaced in 2-3 years anyway? It's going to take a solid 5 year plan to get the NYK back to respectability. We need to younger guy to deal with the monumental task at hand not some stopgap old dude.
HAPPY HAIRSTON

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2008
This team is FUBAR
Dirk

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Mar 18, 2008
MCJ wrote:
Why would the Knicks take a guy from another failure of a franchise? You guys want to get rid of Isiah that bad?? Yes, he needs to be replaced, but damn, could we at least talk to some of the up and coming junior execs from the successful teams out west instead of an almost 70 yr old retread that will need to be replaced in 2-3 years anyway? It's going to take a solid 5 year plan to get the NYK back to respectability. We need to younger guy to deal with the monumental task at hand not some stopgap old dude.
You got it MCJ. Unfortunately, that would require Dolan to "think outside the box." As we know all too well, he can't even think inside the box.
Bob

Lake Wales, FL

#5 Mar 18, 2008
I would prefer Colangelo because he knows how to build a contender and his organizations aren't prone to drama, which you would think would make Dolan very happy.

Walsh at the very least has shown that he knows how to build contenders and he has done it more than once, so it isn't a fluke.

Whoever Dolan hires I hope Isiah Thomas is nowhere near the draft or MSG next year unless he is working the stands selling popcorn.

“A-Fraud”

Since: Mar 08

Fort Apache, the Bronx

#6 Mar 18, 2008
Amen Bob! Thomas has turned the worlds most famous basketball arena into a laughing stock of the NBA for five long years now... enough is enough of the delusions of turning things around.. but I wouldn't even let him sell popcorn he might start sexually harassing staff and try to get away with it with that stupid grin of his... I hope they would wipe it off his face for good and soon...
Bob wrote:
I would prefer Colangelo because he knows how to build a contender and his organizations aren't prone to drama, which you would think would make Dolan very happy.
Walsh at the very least has shown that he knows how to build contenders and he has done it more than once, so it isn't a fluke.
Whoever Dolan hires I hope Isiah Thomas is nowhere near the draft or MSG next year unless he is working the stands selling popcorn.
cowboy

San Antonio, TX

#7 Mar 18, 2008
Don't the Pacers have more off-th-court problems than any other team in the league?

If you are in upper management in any business, that's a reflection of your style. Don't they already have somebody with that style (Isiah)?
James Dolan

Levittown, NY

#8 Mar 18, 2008
It takes a brilliant man to inherit a billion dollars from your daddy and make a couple of hundred million dollars in his life.

It's all about hard work and good people skills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web