Heat still at a loss

Heat still at a loss

There are 19 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 24, 2007, titled Heat still at a loss. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

INDIANAPOLIS Complete lineup. Total misery. With the return of center Shaquille O'Neal, the Heat's roster returned to health Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

jamie

Philippines

#1 Jan 24, 2007
Better start winning guys or else you won't make it to the playoffs. Eastern teams are pushing while you are relaxing, sign of complacency and overconfidence. You won't get back to the finals unless you make it first to the playoffs. Look in fron to fthe mirror and examine yourselves!!!!!!!!!!
lasarte

Madison, CT

#2 Jan 25, 2007
Time to go after Gasol - whatever it takes.
Kobie

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Jan 25, 2007
So who's laughing now. It's not rust on Meathead, it's decay and obsolescence. Posey is a role player without a role; Walker is so bad he's a joke. He looks like an ekephant on ice. Payton is decrepit; Haslem looks like JUngle Girl without a jungle. He shhots so bad he's likely to bust the glas, Hite drinks too much, And the whole bunch are freakin' prima donnas who dump on their fans with lack of effort and disinterest. They were destined not to win that game and it was ugly. Riley knows when to appear and when to duck.
They are proving that they are the worst group of pretenders to "win" a title in the history of the NBA. HOW 'BOUT A PARADE?
Jason

Plant City, FL

#4 Jan 25, 2007
The easy way to beat the Heat is for teams to force the ball to A. Walker and let him jack up a ton of bricks. Man, he was 2 for 15 with 3 turnovers. This guy needs to retire .. he hurts the team a lot more than he helps. He just sucks!
Dump Walker Now

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 25, 2007
Start paying attention to the score when they put Walker in. When they have the lead and he is put in the game turns aroundagainst the Heat. I do not understand what game the coaches are watching with walker out there. He is an abortion!
Chris V

Clark, NJ

#6 Jan 25, 2007
An absolute disgrace
Pat Riley

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2007
Kobie wrote:
So who's laughing now. It's not rust on Meathead, it's decay and obsolescence. Posey is a role player without a role; Walker is so bad he's a joke. He looks like an ekephant on ice. Payton is decrepit; Haslem looks like JUngle Girl without a jungle. He shhots so bad he's likely to bust the glas, Hite drinks too much, And the whole bunch are freakin' prima donnas who dump on their fans with lack of effort and disinterest. They were destined not to win that game and it was ugly. Riley knows when to appear and when to duck.
They are proving that they are the worst group of pretenders to "win" a title in the history of the NBA. HOW 'BOUT A PARADE?
U are a incompetent moron
BADFISH

Orange Park, FL

#8 Jan 25, 2007
PAINFUL TO WATCH HOW A TEAM CAN LOOK SO GOOD AND IN AN INSTANT PLAY SOME PATHETIC BASKETBALL
jamaal

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Jan 25, 2007
jason kapone needs to get of to a faster start and the team needs to play defense better in the fouth quarter.
mike

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Jan 25, 2007
that was nothing but one game that yall lost since shaq returned.dont let this get to yall.yall know that yall is a great team and yall has what it takes to to win the chapionship again.
Mina

Bloomsburg, PA

#12 Jan 25, 2007
I Agree With u Mike. you guys all go crazy cuz shaq came bakk and they lost. all of u have to know that it takes time to shake of rust. and plus miami always has problms with indiana for some reason. look, tha heat have such a soft sked now, and since shaq came bakk, then miami can only get better. Miami is going bakk to tha top of the east, and ill guarntee that they will make tha playoffs with at least a #4 seed. u will see. mark ma words. and heres another guarantee. they will make tha NBA FINALS, cuz no 1 in tha east can stop them, and wen they make tha finals, anything can happen from there.
Matt

United States

#13 Jan 25, 2007
In some ways this team is better without Shaq.
Rico

United States

#14 Jan 25, 2007
WADE losing the ball 3 times to D. Armstrong in the 4th was a backbreaker. WADE 1 - 10 shooting Game winners in the last second shots of games this year. Let a good point run the show. Wade 5 games with his turnovers, and the end of games cost HEAT the 5 wins. I think the guy has to stop doing commericals, and play more team ball. Wade reminds me of Kobe when Shaq left Lakers that 1st year. BALLHOG...AND JUST LOOKING AT THE SCORING NBA STATS.
henry

Mclean, VA

#15 Jan 25, 2007
Rico wrote:
WADE losing the ball 3 times to D. Armstrong in the 4th was a backbreaker. WADE 1 - 10 shooting Game winners in the last second shots of games this year. Let a good point run the show. Wade 5 games with his turnovers, and the end of games cost HEAT the 5 wins. I think the guy has to stop doing commericals, and play more team ball. Wade reminds me of Kobe when Shaq left Lakers that 1st year. BALLHOG...AND JUST LOOKING AT THE SCORING NBA STATS.
RICO, YOU R RIGHTO !!!!!!!!
UKOH

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2007
Considering the last win was WITHOUT Wade and Shaq - how about confining them to bench players?
Mike

Enfield, CT

#17 Jan 25, 2007
Just watching the team play great through three quarters really gives an idea of how good we can be when we really play, but we get complacent in the fourth and lose our momentum,we just need to finish games the way we start them and we will be fine. And I don't think the problem is Walker, it is not playing Jason Williams in the fourth. He is the catalyst for this offense and when we run, we score points. I don't know if it is Williams knee, or Rothstein's prevent defense that he panics and puts GP in when we get in a slump, but I do see that we run alot and Williams has looked better than I have seen him in a while. Time to let Williams earn his keep and play him in the fourth for the energy and the shooting because he has been lights out lately and we could have used him, he has been flying by people lately, and was doing it all last night; but you can't bring in a streak shooter in after being on the bench for a while and expect him to be automatic, he needs to be in more. We have to sacrifice some D to get some O with this team, and Gary had some open shots last night late in the game that he didn't make last night that J-Will maybe would have because he is a better shooter. To me, this team will live and die with J-Will and the coach's willingness to sacrifice some D to get some O and get to 100. I think scoring 102 pts per game is better than scoring 85 and winning, or losing by a couple. O'Neal 4 for 20 and we still lose? C'mon coach, let's put the foot on the accelerator and finish what we start and keep attacking with Wade, Kapono, and J-Will and finish games and not feel good with a 20 pt lead, let's blow these teams out and let the league know that we are back, not get conservative a slow the game down to run the clock out, cause we don't run with Payton at point. This is not a knock on Payton, but he is older and should have more limited minutes and put J-Will at the helm when we need to step on teams throats and cripple their confidence.
Tee

AOL

#18 Jan 25, 2007
I'm sorry but this team is fast becoming an embarrassment. The fact is no one is afraid of the Miami Heat. They haven't realized that they need to play all 48 mins.Would someone please tell Wade to drive to the damn basket and stop settling for the jump shot. He had time to get in the lane and instead took a jumper. Let's face it he hasn't shown the same ability to finish games. And where in the hell is Wright? He can't be any worst than Walker. I also agree that Williams needs to in the game when you need a score. They are running out of excuses real fast!
hamza

Miami, FL

#19 Jan 25, 2007
man we got shaq back let him get some playing time to get his rythem back gee
Rico

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2007
Mike wrote:
Just watching the team play great through three quarters really gives an idea of how good we can be when we really play, but we get complacent in the fourth and lose our momentum,we just need to finish games the way we start them and we will be fine. And I don't think the problem is Walker, it is not playing Jason Williams in the fourth. He is the catalyst for this offense and when we run, we score points. I don't know if it is Williams knee, or Rothstein's prevent defense that he panics and puts GP in when we get in a slump, but I do see that we run alot and Williams has looked better than I have seen him in a while. Time to let Williams earn his keep and play him in the fourth for the energy and the shooting because he has been lights out lately and we could have used him, he has been flying by people lately, and was doing it all last night; but you can't bring in a streak shooter in after being on the bench for a while and expect him to be automatic, he needs to be in more. We have to sacrifice some D to get some O with this team, and Gary had some open shots last night late in the game that he didn't make last night that J-Will maybe would have because he is a better shooter. To me, this team will live and die with J-Will and the coach's willingness to sacrifice some D to get some O and get to 100. I think scoring 102 pts per game is better than scoring 85 and winning, or losing by a couple. O'Neal 4 for 20 and we still lose? C'mon coach, let's put the foot on the accelerator and finish what we start and keep attacking with Wade, Kapono, and J-Will and finish games and not feel good with a 20 pt lead, let's blow these teams out and let the league know that we are back, not get conservative a slow the game down to run the clock out, cause we don't run with Payton at point. This is not a knock on Payton, but he is older and should have more limited minutes and put J-Will at the helm when we need to step on teams throats and cripple their confidence.
AGREE WITH YOU MIKE, JUST LET WILLIAMS RUN THE POINT...TEAM WILL PLAY MUCH BETTER. DWADE SHOULD LET WILLIAMS BRING THE BALL UP EVERY TIME..WILLIAMS #1 IN NBA ASSIST TO TURNOVER RATIO. WADE almost #1 IN THE NBA IN TURNOVERS A GAME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
News Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
News Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
News Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
News Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
More from around the web