Granger's career-high 32 leads Pacers past Hawks, 113-91

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Danny Granger tied a career high with 32 points, and the Indiana Pacers beat the Atlanta Hawks 113-91 Friday night to snap a five-game losing streak.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2008
First

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

First!
Stan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

A well played game against a tough opponent for the Pacers, without Tinsley playing. Granger and Dunleavy had great games and Rush stepped up too. A good thing because there is a tough West road trip coming up. Probably best not to rush Tinsley back.
Go with youth

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

The Pacers played one of the very few teams in the league worse than they are. A win like this does only one thing. It only proves that Granger is this franchises's best draft choice since Reggie Miller. Danny is the future of the franchise. O'Neal, Tinley, Dunleavy, and Murphy are way over paid veterans that are only holding back the franchise. Although I do not believe that by himself that Danny is a franchise player he is close. Get rid of all of the bad players and bad contracts and see if Danny and a player that gives a darn can't turn this franchise arouond.
too bad

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Granger is a quality person and a quality player...too bad he is on a team filled with thugs, criminals and druggies.....at least, the head thug Tinsley didn't play which may explain the victory......
What is next

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

The Pacers just beat a team with ZERO perimeter defense, big deal. I could pick up 5 guys from local gyms that could easily win 3 games out of 5 against the current Pacers roster.

The only thing we really learned from tonight's game is that Granger truely is the future of the franchise. The rest of the veterans on the team desparately need to be unloaded. Granger could be the real deal. However, the Pacers need to build around him like the Blazers have around their young power forard.

O'Neal has proven he wants out of Indy.
Tinsley has proved for every good play he makes on the court he will make a dozen bad decisions off of the court.
Dunleavy and Murphy have proved what Warrior fans knew all all along. No two players in NBA history have larger contracts with less talent than these two. Larry Bird did an outstadning job of trading reasonably priced mid range talent for over paid players incapable of playing even the slightest resemblense of defense. Larry, please keep this team together. Cheering for a bunch of guys that could not win a tournament at a YMCA seems to be working for both the team and attendance at Conseco Fiedl House
Ditch Mitch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Ah, I misread the headline. I thought 32 was the number of people who actually care what the Pacers do.
Pacers Fan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

oh my god stop criticzing the pacers. first you want them to trade all the "thugs" like artest and steven jackson. They do that and bring in two clean white guys in dunleavy and murphy. Dunleavy is only averaging 19 points a game but obviously you dont watch the games. and who on the pacers is a thug? deiner? foster? murphy? dunleavy? oneal? granger? owens? diogu? daniels? NO the only possible thug is tinsley. Get over it and cheer the team on or dont say anything at all
The new leader

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Since Reggie has left the Pacers the team has had no real leader. Granger, on many occasions, has proved he is a great talent but has never been given the opportnity to lead the team. O'Neal has been given many opportunities to lead the team and proven he can not so so. Tinsley proves night in and night out that he is no real leader. Instead of playing pro basketball he sees every trip up the the court like a streetball tournament. If the perosn he refuses to play defense on scores, he immediateley tries to score at the other end without ever once looking to pass to an open man. Tinlsey has the mind set of a gifted 9th grade player that never grew up.
If the Pacers truely want to suceed and bring fans back to the Field House it is time that they start building around the only bright spot in the franchise.
icehouse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Great game by the pacers. If Granger and Dunleavy can do this night in and night out on a consistent basis the Pacers will be able to compete. I really dont see JO playin for the Pacers much longer..it is completely obvious he dosent want to b here.My guess is Bird has been lookin for a deal and cant find one worth it. JO is the most overpaid player in the league. He is good but only plays when he wants. Tinsley is averaging 13pts and 8 ast a game and I will take it....every team in the league has atleast a thug or two and Tins is ours.
A win is a win

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

When is a win not a win? A win is not a win when it might keep a roster as bad as the Pacers together. It is time for even the most die hard Pacer fans to admit that the current roster would have to improve just to be horrible. This team can finish 8 games above .500, make the play offs and still lose first round. This team could really gel, play as well as it is capable and still only ge just above average. The only thing more tragic than this team is the fact that Larry Bird thinks they can contend for a championshiop
Pacers worst trade ever

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

icehouse wrote:
Great game by the pacers. If Granger and Dunleavy can do this night in and night out on a consistent basis the Pacers will be able to compete. I really dont see JO playin for the Pacers much longer..it is completely obvious he dosent want to b here.My guess is Bird has been lookin for a deal and cant find one worth it. JO is the most overpaid player in the league. He is good but only plays when he wants. Tinsley is averaging 13pts and 8 ast a game and I will take it....every team in the league has atleast a thug or two and Tins is ours.
Dunleavy has proved that he can not do this on a regular basis. He has proved that he can light it up offensively as long as he does not have to try and play defense. Even when he truely tries to play densense he is always out of position and way too slow to recover from a double team. Dunleavy is inconsistant on offense and the worst defender in NBA history and that is not even debatable. He would have to improve 6500 times to just be bad at defense.
Not a Pacer Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Quit crying...
Pacers Fan wrote:
oh my god stop criticzing the pacers. first you want them to trade all the "thugs" like artest and steven jackson. They do that and bring in two clean white guys in dunleavy and murphy. Dunleavy is only averaging 19 points a game but obviously you dont watch the games. and who on the pacers is a thug? deiner? foster? murphy? dunleavy? oneal? granger? owens? diogu? daniels? NO the only possible thug is tinsley. Get over it and cheer the team on or dont say anything at all
Pacers Fiasco

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Pacers Fan wrote:
The Tinsley apologists never quite get it. Tinsley is not the only "Thug" on the team. Marquis Danials and Shawne Williams are still on the team.

Bringing in untalented, one dimensional players like Murphy and Dunleavy just because they are white is not what Pacer fans want. Neither of these players is capable of playing densene. They might be able to guard a statue or someone in a comma but niether could guard a solid high school AAU player. When your two of your highest three paid players would have to improve just to be a joke at defense how can anyone really expect a good team or a winning record?
Yes

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Book It...
Championship!!
Name

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

WWRD?

We miss #31.
The true fan base

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

Indiana fans are horrible, they need a coarse in how to SUPPORT a team...
10 years straight this franchise has brought a winning team, playoff teams that went deep into the playoffs and now some tought times arrive and you abandon your team like you never cared...ridiculous - just a joke...
But thats how fans and people are...until the tide turns again - conseco fills up with fake people again and everyone here will claim they were with them all along...

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

The true fan base wrote:
Indiana fans are horrible, they need a coarse in how to SUPPORT a team...
10 years straight this franchise has brought a winning team, playoff teams that went deep into the playoffs and now some tought times arrive and you abandon your team like you never cared...ridiculous - just a joke...
But thats how fans and people are...until the tide turns again - conseco fills up with fake people again and everyone here will claim they were with them all along...
Hey Israel, I HAVE been with them all along and I AM a Pacers fan!

I was raised with Indiana Pacers basketball ... it's in my blood. It's also in the veins of several thousand other fans, so easy on the fake people comments. We need those people too (just not their posts)!

;-)

Good job guys! Congratulations!!!

Go Pacers!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danny Granger Discussions

Search the Danny Granger Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••