Rest helps O'Neal, team

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal knew something had to be done to relieve his ailing knee and calf.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

rick wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of the technical on David Harrison, he got the technical just for asking the ref what he did. He just ASKED "What did I do?" and got the technical!! Boy, he continues to get a raw deal from the refs in the NBA. They kept showing the replay where he was called for that "foul" (another phantom foul). He did absolutely nothing to get that call, if anything it was his defender that had his hand on Harrison coming up the court! What gives with all these stupid foul calls against Harrison and what gives, have these officials been asked by Stern or whoever to call fouls on him for no reason whatsoever. The team needs to lodge a serious complant with the league office. Those 3 points on that crappy call alone gave Phoenix all the margin they needed for the win.(That wasn't the only bad call in the game, and Phoenix sure doesn't need the help!) I'll bet it is really frustrating for David Harrison to get a break in this league right now. How does Coach O'Brien not lose his mind over this and get technicals or ejections. It's like they're out to get Harrison for some reason(!?!).Does anybody know what's gong on here?
What's going on is that Harrison has a history of running his mouth and "crying" about calls not going his way. Until he learns how to keep his mouth shut he will continue to get the "treatment" (fair or not) from the refs.
It's not hard to play hard and keep your mouth shut. I think we haven't seen O'Brien back him up (he usually gets benched after receiving a T), because he wants Harrison to simply play the game and leave the talking to the coaches.
rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's going on is that Harrison has a history of running his mouth and "crying" about calls not going his way. Until he learns how to keep his mouth shut he will continue to get the "treatment" (fair or not) from the refs.
It's not hard to play hard and keep your mouth shut. I think we haven't seen O'Brien back him up (he usually gets benched after receiving a T), because he wants Harrison to simply play the game and leave the talking to the coaches.
Yeah, and if you've been watching every game like I have you would have noticed that he HAD BEEN keeping his mouth shut as of late but it hasn't changed the refs awful B-S of picking on him. Keeping his mouth shut or not hasn't made any difference with the crappy, CRAPPY calls against Harrison. It's common practice among players after a questionable call to ask the ref what the foul was so as to learn the reason for the call. The calls ARE ridiculous on Harrison all year long and there's now 3 or 4 games the Pacers have lost where it's taken him out of his game when if he'd stayed in, the way he was playing, we would have probably won those games!! Getting this "treatment" from the refs is NOT fair, Harrison deserves better. These corrupt Stern officials should just call the game fairly for all and stop this B-S.
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

rick wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and if you've been watching every game like I have you would have noticed that he HAD BEEN keeping his mouth shut as of late but it hasn't changed the refs awful B-S of picking on him. Keeping his mouth shut or not hasn't made any difference with the crappy, CRAPPY calls against Harrison. It's common practice among players after a questionable call to ask the ref what the foul was so as to learn the reason for the call. The calls ARE ridiculous on Harrison all year long and there's now 3 or 4 games the Pacers have lost where it's taken him out of his game when if he'd stayed in, the way he was playing, we would have probably won those games!! Getting this "treatment" from the refs is NOT fair, Harrison deserves better. These corrupt Stern officials should just call the game fairly for all and stop this B-S.
I'm not saying it's fair, but the NBA has been this way for years. He needs to adapt to the league, because it'll will not happen the other way around...
Also, asking "what did I do" is not exactly keeping your mouth shut, is it?
I got T'd up one time for asking the exact same thing (this was to a college ref) and I never did it again...
Dungy ball

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

I think Tim Donaghy had some accomplices and they're still at it. That call and tech were the result of the NBA throttling down our momentum because the Pacers were about to roll. If you watched it on TV then you know what I'm talking about.
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Dungy ball wrote:
I think Tim Donaghy had some accomplices and they're still at it. That call and tech were the result of the NBA throttling down our momentum because the Pacers were about to roll. If you watched it on TV then you know what I'm talking about.
I did see the game, the refs did not make the Pacers take 3 bad shots in a row (2 by Tinsley and 1 by Dunleavy)and miss an open 3 in the last minute or so, while the Suns went on a 8-0 run to win the game.
I didn't hear the players/coaches complain about the refs, so why are we doing it?
rick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Colt45 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did see the game, the refs did not make the Pacers take 3 bad shots in a row (2 by Tinsley and 1 by Dunleavy)and miss an open 3 in the last minute or so, while the Suns went on a 8-0 run to win the game.
I didn't hear the players/coaches complain about the refs, so why are we doing it?
The players/coaches would be fined a tremendous amount of money or even suspended(we're the Pacers, right?). Harrison goes to a different team next year and he'll be treated differently.
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

rick wrote:
<quoted text>The players/coaches would be fined a tremendous amount of money or even suspended(we're the Pacers, right?). Harrison goes to a different team next year and he'll be treated differently.
I refuse to believe that. If I did, I wouldn't watch their games.
Dungy ball

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

It's all good Colt45...I'm with you on the shot selection in the last minute. I actually hope Coach adjusts his offensive calls down the stretch to produce some better looks. Plus Granger hasn't hit a critical shot since he's been here and it seems like he's had several opportunities. Dunleavy had the hot hand. Or I'd even like to see Rush in the game for a last second 3.

But...to the contrary...the Pacers had issues with the foul call on Daniels...and I heard mention about the non traveling calls on Nash when he picked up his pivot foot TWICE before he dished it to Stoudamire to push their lead to 3. But, like you said, why complain now? I'm just posting on a message board feeding off the other posts.

The players and coaches know they let one get away. You could tell it bothered them. That is what I want from them....some passion...some drive. They seem to be finding something over the last 8 or so games. I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights game. I think they'll take them down.
Colt45

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

Dungy ball wrote:
It's all good Colt45...I'm with you on the shot selection in the last minute. I actually hope Coach adjusts his offensive calls down the stretch to produce some better looks. Plus Granger hasn't hit a critical shot since he's been here and it seems like he's had several opportunities. Dunleavy had the hot hand. Or I'd even like to see Rush in the game for a last second 3.
But...to the contrary...the Pacers had issues with the foul call on Daniels...and I heard mention about the non traveling calls on Nash when he picked up his pivot foot TWICE before he dished it to Stoudamire to push their lead to 3. But, like you said, why complain now? I'm just posting on a message board feeding off the other posts.
The players and coaches know they let one get away. You could tell it bothered them. That is what I want from them....some passion...some drive. They seem to be finding something over the last 8 or so games. I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights game. I think they'll take them down.
Agreed.
More plays like the one Tinsley made when he dove after that loose ball is what the fans want. Show us you care and the fans will be there.
They'll need another big game from JO against Howard tomorrow to win.
Should be a good one...
plenty of rest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

I think maybe we should let Oneal get plenty of rest...like the rest of his career.......he is lazy and hurting the team....and you could rest Tinsley but he would just have more time for strippers and drugs.....what a bunch of losers......

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

JO's the kind of player who will take his own inventory, and if he recognizes an area he's lacking he'll work to fix it!

Go Pacers!
ARS

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and they still lost w/ him!
Teams like Phoenix are a little too experienced and hve too many players to watch for, for the Pacers to beat. However we DO always hang with them and the Spurs, but down the stretch the better teams come out on top, HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH O'NEAL BEING IN THE GAME we lost because they are still better enough said.
ARS

Newbury Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

JBT wrote:
The Pacers are playing team basketball again for the first time in a long time,Jermaine needs to become part of this system and concede to the idea that this squad no longer revolves around him and his antics.If he gets on board with the team basketball concept he can be a crucial factor in our(the Pacers)success.If he doesn't and the team suffers...? Time to move on.
Very true, if the team suffers and he doesn't see a reason for him to stay by years end (if he isn't traded already) that will be his reason for leaving (I feel the team is better w/o me) sounds pretty much like he will pull out the Ron Artest book and read straight from it. Hope he understands his role with THIS squad and opts out just to REsign for a smaller contract, but thats just my optimistic approach. GO PACERS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Danny Granger Discussions

Search the Danny Granger Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••