Pacers show growth spurts

The outcome of Wednesday's preseason game between the Indiana Pacers and New Orleans Hornets was irrelevant. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Skip-SC

Columbia, SC

#62 Oct 11, 2007
Same crowd moaning about JO not playing probably complains when Peyton doesn't play every snap of pre-season. Get a life, folks, it's called PRE-SEASON for a reason.

And I, for one, would not make ANY assessment of this team or the new coach for at least a dozen or so games into the regular season. Until you see some games that mean something, give it a rest.

If then, the Pacers look like the same old team as last year, hate away all you like, but let them get adjusted to the system (and, as the article indicates, the coach as well.)
Chris

Brooklyn, NY

#63 Oct 11, 2007
I remember when I was a kid with the Colts and Pacers being losing teams and Ron Meyer said that he was looking forward to the start of the Pacers season because it would take pressure off of him and the Colts. Then the Pacers went through some great times and the Colts managed. Now, all I can say is that at least we have the Colts to cheer for through February (hopefully) and then Baseball starts their spring training
Ryan

Pryor, OK

#64 Oct 11, 2007
Lets go Pacers wrote:
I was at the game too. I think the fans will be pleasently surprised with the way this team plays this year. It's much more of a Suns-style attack on offense than it is a walk it up-throw it to JO on the block- type of offense. If fans like high-tempo, quick open shots type of basketball they will enjoy watching this team. Our defense isnt very good right now, but that will come with time in the system.
JO's knee kind of scares me being that its apparently nowhere near 100%. He is going to have to run the floor like he never has this year, but he wont be able to do it if his knee isnt real good. Harrison looked slow in the offense and didnt get back on D.
We are going to see a lot of Troy at the 4 and Foster at the 5 if these fat asses dont lose some weight. They appear to be the only big guys that can get up and down the floor like we want to right now.
All you Tinsley and Dunleavy haters get ready.......If Tins stays healthy he is going to have a monster year in this offense and Dunleavy and Granger are going to get a ton of open looks all over the court.
They really caught NO off guard last night with their quick pace.
Please do not put this team any where close to the Suns! The Suns have done this up-tempo, run and gun offense for the past 5 years and everybody said it wouldn't work and now we have a bunch of teams trying to be just like the Suns. The Pacers are a bunch of thugs that think street ball is the way to play in the NBA. If you want to have a winning team get Bird out of the front office and get some players that want to play basketball and not Thug Ball. One other thing if you really think Tinsley is going to have a break out year you must be just like a Thug too smoking your you know what. Keep dreaming and putting your faith into Tinsley and JO and you might win a championship in your dreams!
another opinion

United States

#65 Oct 11, 2007
Who gives a ...............
lol

Pendleton, IN

#66 Oct 11, 2007
Skip-SC wrote:
Same crowd moaning about JO not playing probably complains when Peyton doesn't play every snap of pre-season. Get a life, folks, it's called PRE-SEASON for a reason.
And I, for one, would not make ANY assessment of this team or the new coach for at least a dozen or so games into the regular season. Until you see some games that mean something, give it a rest.
If then, the Pacers look like the same old team as last year, hate away all you like, but let them get adjusted to the system (and, as the article indicates, the coach as well.)
JO haters and bashers have foundation to do so. take a look at ESPN.com and look at the pre-season player rankings. Our franchise boy comes in at #44
Outstanding. That makes him on the 9th team all NBA team! That article speaks volumes. Just because he puts on a Pacer uni for 50 games a year and makes the franchise max. doesn't make him the go to guy on the franchise. Don't think for a minute that Walsh and Bird didn't try to unload this impostor. Problem is that the rest of the league knows what ESPN charts out for everyone to see.
However more years left on this guys contract is how much mediocrity we'll have to live with. And we thought Croshere was bad!

Since: Apr 07

Commerce City, CO

#67 Oct 11, 2007
It's too bad they don't televise games until Christmas. I doubt the Pacers will be on national television very often anyway. I hope they're at least exciting and fun to watch this season.
imzhammer

Portsmouth, NH

#68 Oct 11, 2007
I didn't get to see the game but this sure doesn't sound like Indiana basketball to me.
gunny98

Indianapolis, IN

#69 Oct 11, 2007
who cares
pacersann1

AOL

#70 Oct 11, 2007
Go Pacers,,Please everyone give them a chance, if you are a ture fan then you will support the team and give them a chance. win or loose i will stand behind the pacers and be at the games. I live in Richmond In. and have been a season ticket holder for 3 years now and go to almost all the games, please support the team.. GO PACERS,, Mary
ONEINAMILLION

AOL

#71 Oct 11, 2007
Skip-SC wrote:
Amazing, first time I ever heard Peyton and JO mentioned in the same sentence.
NBA

Schio, Italy

#72 Oct 11, 2007
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>No way there was 9000 fans there last night. They don't give the "actual" attendance they give the number of tickets sold. the NBA has caught on to auto racing. Just throw out an impressive number. The beat writer whose income depends on the franchise or sport will run with it. If a season ticket holder doesn't come they are still counted in the "official" total.
By Jan, 9000 will be a great crowd.
The NBA and it's over all product sux. Why do you think they are concentrating so hard on the international market. They are wearing thin on the US consumer. They played to a demographics that as it matures doesn't spend the money. Tennis shoe sales aren't translating to ticket sales.
You suck, not the NBA. Just watch a Cavs/Pistons game, or a Suns/Mavs game, for instance, and you would never say again that the NBA sucks.....and maybe the NBA is concentrating a lot on the international market because basketball is very big all over the world and they want to give a chance to fans outside the US to experience an NBA game (other than making $$)? You clearly don't know NOTHING about basketball. And I personally think that the NBA is better than the NFL (I can't stomach watching it, they have too many commercials, plus football is not my sport) and than the MLB (I'd prefer staring at a wall instead of watching a baseball game). But at least I don't go in the NFL and MLB boards posting my dislike for their leagues. You should do the same avoiding the Pacers boards if you hate the NBA.

PS: Just so you know, the NFL is doing the same thing. They started to promote their league all over the world and now they will play a game in London. So, you are only trying to make excuses about the NBA promoting its product overseas. And you are doing this just because you want to find an excuse to bash the NBA. It ain't working, dude.
NBA

Schio, Italy

#73 Oct 11, 2007
As far as the Pacers, I am hopeful they will improve. GO PACERS! Can't wait to be back in Indy (I'm in Italy right now).
NBA

Schio, Italy

#74 Oct 11, 2007
As far as the # of people who actually attend the games, maybe some season ticket holders and people who purchased the ticket were busy and couldn't attend the game for some reason, but it doesnt mean they don't care. And if they didn't care, surely they wouldn't be season ticket holders, or not?

PS: Every sports league give the numbers of ticket sold, not only the NBA. The MLB, NHL etc. do the same thing. Just think that I read that only 800-900 people showed up to attend a Marlins regular season game (MLB), even though the MLB said there were 10,000 people in attendance. So, stop singling out the NBA. Every sports league does it.
NBA

Schio, Italy

#75 Oct 11, 2007
h m murdock wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a fair share were from the Marion County lockup, current drug dealers and the free ticket give-away at the Club Rio
What a pathetic post. I can't stand people like you who hate the Pacers and despite this they still read the articles and post negative and asinine comments. You haters are so sad. It must be a joy being around you.
Mamalickaboobood ay

United States

#76 Oct 11, 2007
Tinsley will be on the All-Star team...you heard it here first!

Holla at ya boy
John

New Orleans, LA

#77 Oct 11, 2007
shocker...JO is hurt again. I believe I called this one a week ago fellas.
x pacers fan

Shepherdsville, KY

#78 Oct 11, 2007
Boycott in full effect here...
Mookie

Japan

#79 Oct 11, 2007
Ah,good to know the WWF with a basketball is ready to get rolling again. Of course, in NBA pre-season is irrelevant, just as the first three quarters of a game are irrelevant, along with the first three quarters of the season. I'm as amazed that the NBA can sell tickets as I am that the WWF can. Both offer entertainment, and actually, there are good athletes in both, but I wouldn't pay to see either.
bargain hunter

Orland Park, IL

#80 Oct 12, 2007
Wife is making me take the kid to the game tomorrow night. I never thought I would complain about my wife making me go to a BB game. Oh well...

College ball starts soon but not soon enough.
Cube Jockey

United States

#81 Oct 12, 2007
bargain hunter wrote:
Wife is making me take the kid to the game tomorrow night. I never thought I would complain about my wife making me go to a BB game. Oh well...
College ball starts soon but not soon enough.
Sounds like another playa hater. Also appears your wife rules the roost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danny Granger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George leads Pacers to 91-84 win over Raptors (Nov '13) Nov '13 Duck Afflis 1
Steve Nash trade rumors: Indiana Pacers trade c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Javier 1
Pacers aim to bounce back against Wizards (Mar '12) Mar '12 jovannycarrillo 1
NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger (left) goes up fo... (Apr '11) Jun '11 Raygay Trannie 2
Albuquerque team wins title at Battle of Border (Mar '10) Apr '11 Coach City 29
Pacers: Rose gets too many calls (Apr '11) Apr '11 Herbjr0120 1

Danny Granger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE