Cavs' coach courts on-court changes

CLEVELAND: Several times during this season, Cavaliers coach Mike Brown has proclaimed himself in ''search mode.'' It has been the nearly constant mode of an active roster in continuous flux since late January. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve

Milwaukee, WI

#24 Apr 1, 2008
Let's go Cavs.
Lonnie Sheltons Girth

South San Francisco, CA

#25 Apr 2, 2008
RPB wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. "Let's make it happen" is right (that means you Mike Brown)!
Dinner Bell Mel is way off on the Sasha thing. Sasha is damn good when he is playing with confidence. Problem is, Mike Brown sucks the confidence right out of him by pulling crap like he did on Sunday!
Sasha Pavolvic hasn't had 6 "damn good" games in three years in Cleveland. And he has completely sucked this year. No team with winning aspirations would have put up with his lousy play as long as Brown has, and any team that wants to win in the playoffs can only do so with production like Pavlovic's limited to practice. There are 10 players on the active roster that need minutes ahead of him. It's a lost year for Sasha, and the best all parties can hope for is that he plays better next year. Move on.
Phil

United States

#26 Apr 2, 2008
Please stop making excuses for the guy. He's searching because he's in over his head. He's better the Isiah Thomas and that's about it. When are you going to start being honest about Mike Brown and stop making excuses for him.
Josh

AOL

#28 Apr 3, 2008
Phil... when the playoffs start. No excuses then. Until then, the leash stays where it is. That's the NBA. The regular season means nothing.
Outtatown

Massillon, OH

#29 Apr 4, 2008
Until King James becomes Team James, there is nothing Coach Brown can do to make the Cavs much better. He's all about self and self is headed outta town on the LLLLLLL-train!! Ya see it wasn't Larry Hughes..Who else is going to tell the truth about Mr. Hold the ball and play one on one..? Anyone who knows the game, knows the same....
Jim in Kent

Ravenna, OH

#30 Apr 4, 2008
Outtatown wrote:
Until King James becomes Team James, there is nothing Coach Brown can do to make the Cavs much better. He's all about self and self is headed outta town on the LLLLLLL-train!! Ya see it wasn't Larry Hughes..Who else is going to tell the truth about Mr. Hold the ball and play one on one..? Anyone who knows the game, knows the same....
If you want my take, that happens because they can't generate any other offense on a consistant basis. If LeBron does that stuff out of impatience or because he is trying to pull the team along by himself, well that happens. Nobody else on that team is going to ever take over a game. My issue is with Mike Brown. He couldn't coach a sixth grade girls AAU team. He looks like Mr. Potato Head on the sideline, pacing and talking to himself. Maybe he knows defense. But, that's mostly putting in the effort and staying in front of your player, not making stupid fouls. What he doesn't have clue one about is offense. Not the vaguest idea. Not even a basic run-off-a-sceen kinda offense. Nuthin'. Until Brown is gone, you're lookin' at what your going to have in offense. I am pleased with Verajao, recently, though. He is giving us something at both ends.
jack

Brunswick, OH

#31 May 9, 2008
Next year we get coach brown again!!
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#32 May 9, 2008
You're right, Brown isn't an offensive coach, but this comment 'He couldn't coach a sixth grade girls AAU team.' is ridiculous. He did coach a team to the NBA finals. Quit crying about Coach Brown, Lebron is just as accountable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Gibson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antawn Jamison has heard it all from Boston's K... (Jan '12) Jan '12 kamal007 1
Cavaliers 97, Pistons 91: Hickson, Davis give C... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Herman Hesse 1
LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers' Daniel Gibso... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Cleveland noble 1
Cleveland Cavaliers: Does Blame Fall On LeBron ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 ccc 1
Trail Blazers 111, Cavaliers 105: Futility mark... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Bob 1
Cleveland Cavaliers lose by 55 but LeBron James... (Jan '11) Jan '11 G Force 8
Cavs' Varejao has broken cheekbone (Dec '10) Jan '11 Freda Johnson 2

Daniel Gibson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE