Time is the essence

There are 1 comment on the Detroit News story from Oct 9, 2006, titled Time is the essence. In it, Detroit News reports that:

He told players before camp that buses and airplanes would leave on time. No more waiting for laggards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Kevin

United States

#1 Oct 13, 2006
I think that's a bad rule. Everyone has outside circumstances that keep them from being on time. Besides, God doesn't change time for us, so why should we change time for people? Just let it be....Dear Lord, let it be.

What if a guy is late because of traffic? What if he's late because he has a flat? What if he's late because he gets in an accident? What if he's late because traffic was slow because someone got a flat tire and caused an accident?

I'm all for being late. I think lateness is the essence of our culture. We don't use the metric system. Between our calender and the Hebrew calender there are centuries of time not even accounted for. I love, "The Late Show".

But players ought to be on time. I mean it's not like they have a regular job. If I was making $10M per year it would be kind of difficult to get out of bed every morning. Cut the guys some slack though. It's not every day a guy makes ten million per year and can pay attention. Guys should get credit for everything except losing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Or Nothing (Nov '08) Nov '08 Ed EmanuEl 1
News Big man Theo Ratliff returns to the Pistons (Mar '08) Mar '08 derek 2
News Source: Webber Would Consider Going to Cavs (Nov '07) Nov '07 Oyie 1
News Sheed doesn't start in Pistons' victory (Jan '07) Jul '07 desmond 4
News Changes likely on the horizon for Pistons (Jun '07) Jun '07 0343MngtAnal 5
News Billups will adjust his game to stay in it (May '07) May '07 Judy Seaberry 1
News Light's almost out (Apr '07) Apr '07 jys22 3
More from around the web