Which position for Marion?

There are 21 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Which position for Marion?. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Through the first four games of the Shawn Marion Experience, the Heat has learned that even at a lithe 6 feet 7, Marion makes for a heck of a power forward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nba analyst

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2008
How about horizontal on the psychiatrist's couch.
Godfrey

Warner Robins, GA

#2 Feb 23, 2008
Once again, Pat Riley thinks HE is/has all of the answers to this team. Excellent GM, has lost a lot as a coach. We have played guys out of position before, this only deminished his value and got them hurt.

Is it too much to ask to change the one thing that's the same, OUR STYLE OF PLAY.(that unothrodox) way of playing has/had them(suns) at the op of the leaugue thep ast couple of years.
Godfrey

Warner Robins, GA

#3 Feb 23, 2008
Free Agents really don't want to play here. There is no flexibility, players can't create or play freely.
fanfromafar

Tel Aviv, Israel

#4 Feb 23, 2008
Riley's strategy -- or lack of same -- is finally emerging. Shoot for a top draft pick this year, stay under the cap by letting JWill and Davis go for nothing at year's end, play with Marion, Wade, Wright, Haslem and others in 08-09, get a second top draft pick, then have maybe some cap room as well. It's not a bad strategy at all, allows for a slow but solid rebuild, providing that the top 7-8 picks are as good as this year's.(This would not work if Riley gave away the 09 draft pick to the Wolves for Ricky Davis, another genius move!
House

Woodstown, NJ

#5 Feb 23, 2008
Yes, the Heat gave away a future first round pick (lottery protected this year, protected next year through the first 5 or so picks), but they also "gave away" Walker in that trade who is due a decent chunk of change for a few more years.
James

Miami, FL

#6 Feb 23, 2008
WTF is Pat doing not playing Cook? Its time for him to step aside because he cant coach a young team.
Jarrod

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Feb 23, 2008
James wrote:
WTF is Pat doing not playing Cook? Its time for him to step aside because he cant coach a young team.
Cook is a streaky shooter and he's not shooting well right now so might as well not play him...lol Riley is terrible at managing who plays and when...
DeMoN

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Feb 23, 2008
If Marion plays at the small forward position who the hell on our team is going to shoot the ball?? Our point guards can't shoot, our shooting guard can't shoot, our small forward (if it's Marion) can't shoot, forget about our power forward and center! Keep Marion at power forward and draft BEASLEY for the small forward spot. At least then we'll have one guy on the team that can run AND shoot. If this happens Haslem is out, we need a true center to get by the likes of Houston and San Antonio.
Terry Lechecul

Montréal, Canada

#9 Feb 23, 2008
4 pts in 40mins...I think Id rather him go back to 4.

And dont let him fool you, Mark Blount is not an answer to any problem. He is like Ricky Davis, made for basement dwellers.
True Heat Fan

Jonesboro, GA

#10 Feb 24, 2008
James wrote:
You must not have been watching the Miami Heat play this entire season. Cook has had many chances to prove that he is could be a contributor to this team. He has not gotten the job done when Pat has put him in the game. To tell you the truth, I have given up on Cook also. He is just way to inconsistent.
Emil Haliewicz

AOL

#11 Feb 25, 2008
Best Power forward in the NBA
Joe Castodian

Miami, FL

#12 Feb 23, 2009
In a bout of constipation, Van Gundy was heard to be screaming at his turd at Amway Arena after the game.
Tee

AOL

#13 Feb 23, 2009
The fact that O'Neal has had to say his bad two out of the three games he has played does not bold well for this trade. I didn't expect him to totally stop Howard, but man he looked old and slow. If he can't do any better than that then bringing him here will turn out to be a total waste!
Cant Watch

Miami, FL

#14 Feb 23, 2009
The heat were totally embarrassed. I know Wade had the 50pt game, but Howard is the one who really dominated. We had no answer for him. Our comeback efforts were futile. Even when Howard was on the bench we couldn't capitalize.
Not Sure

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Feb 23, 2009
How bad does Wade feel today? He scores fifty and his pathetic excuse of teammates lose the game by 23!

I think that if this keeps up Wade is gone for sure in 2010; how will Heat fans feel seeing him in a Knicks uniform? Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Even if the Heat make the playoffs this year they will be swept out for sure in the first round.
wellington BigD

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Feb 23, 2009
So!! let's do the math!!

Miami heat made 99 points
D. Wade with 50 points
*the rest of the team alone with 49 points?

woooooowww wait a minute let's check it again!!!
Glen

Clermont, FL

#17 Feb 23, 2009
Not Sure wrote:
How bad does Wade feel today? He scores fifty and his pathetic excuse of teammates lose the game by 23!
I think that if this keeps up Wade is gone for sure in 2010; how will Heat fans feel seeing him in a Knicks uniform? Makes me sick just thinking about it.
Even if the Heat make the playoffs this year they will be swept out for sure in the first round.
If the Heat make the playoffs, they will not be swept out for sure because it will be Riley coaching them. Yes, Pat Riley will probably relieve Spo and take over the coaching reins.
Cane

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Feb 23, 2009
I don't know why the Heat thought they were a 3 point shooting team all of a sudden last night but it was pathetic. Why can't anybody on the team, other than Wade, take the ball to the hole? Our points in the paint are horrendous. These scrubs would rather take baseline jumpers instead of pounding it in the paint. I will give Chalmers and Beasley a break but come on, Oneal, Haslem, Moon, all these guys should be able to drive the damn ball. Its truly pathetic how we play against teams that are over .500. Riley is wasting Wade's talent by not tooling the right supporting cast around him. Look at what Cleavland did for LeBron! Not big name guys, but they get the damn job done and they hit shots. I felt bad for Wade last night, he showed up on national television while his team stood around and watched HIM! Please get it together HEAT! Let's GO!
El Hyper Jr

Hialeah, FL

#19 Feb 23, 2009
Too many "finesse" guys at the 5. Udonis, bless his warrior heart, too small to matchup with opponents bigs. Heat will be second rate until obtaining quality big to go up against the likes of Howard. Until then, Stan Van Gundy rules!
Cant Watch

Miami, FL

#20 Feb 23, 2009
Glen wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Heat make the playoffs, they will not be swept out for sure because it will be Riley coaching them. Yes, Pat Riley will probably relieve Spo and take over the coaching reins.
riley wouldn't take over until Dec. of the 09-10 season. He will have given Spo a chance to prove himself. Conveniently, Spo will step down citing family issues, then Riley can guide us to another championship. In a way iley is a lot like Shaq, they only want to participate when it matters most.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daequan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
News Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston (Oct '12) Oct '12 _Jusayin_ 9
News NBA: Thunder give Cook qualifying offer (Jun '11) Jun '11 ananymous 1
News Riley calls remarks 'sad' after Shaq rips ex-ma... (Mar '08) Jun '11 Kim Mathenge 119
News NBA: Buckeyes playing for a contract | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 Nick La Nasa 11
News Spoelstra on Lamar: "Let's see how it plays out" (Jul '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 15
News Season Ticket: Iverson going to the Miami Heat?... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Isiah Wade 1
More from around the web