Kidding aside, Heat's Michael Beasley told to focus on game

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miami - Walk into the Heat's gym after any practice and there is a good chance forward Michael Beasley will be goofing off.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2009
DRoc

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Apr 10, 2009
"He's still going to be a kid," Wade said. "He's going to make mistakes. The only way you learn is by making mistakes and you learn from those mistakes. It's unfortunate that he has to make them under the microscope with everyone looking at him because he is such a high pick. But, so what? He makes them and we get past it."

At least someone get's it... let him "act a fool" all he wants just bring me 25 pts and 9 reb like did Tuesday night and this team will win more than they lose, period.

In the mean time tell Spo maybe he needs to take coaching a bit more seriously... Learn how to call a timeout at the end of a game to set a play or maybe even fouling when you up 3 with 10 seconds left in game.
charles

AOL

#2 Apr 10, 2009
Spoelstra is the problem not Beasley. If Spoelstra knew how to inspire and motivate players, Beasley would be averaging 25-30 pts. a game. Beasley will NEVER EVER play up to his potential for Spoelstra nor will any of the other players because Spoelstra doesn't know how to develop pro athletes. Beasley is tired of being messed over and he is much more valuable than Spoelstra will ever be to the Heat and the NBA. Riley made a mistake and he needs to find the guts to correct it. Otherwise, they way Spoelstra is treating Beasley is a huge waste of Mr. Arison's money. He is not getting full value on his investment. I hope they trade Beasley so he can be real star some place else. And Spoelstra needs to go and learn how to coach in high school or junior college somewhere. Riley made a mistake with him.
Robert

Tampa, FL

#3 Apr 10, 2009
Lately I feel Dwyane is taking quick jump shots and not looking to Beasely as often as he should when they are on the floor together. I know he is king in Miami at this time, but I'm wondering if there are any insecurities there with Beasely being the number 2 pick. Its Dwyane's team and he's unbelievable but I don't understand why the quick jump shots are needed with the lead.
dave2183

Roseau, Dominica

#4 Apr 10, 2009
F Spoelstra and Co. He's 20 and I think his attitude is great and exactly what we need. Why is Wade so negative about Beasley all the time
ridiculous

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2009
A Spolstra quote...
"But he has to continue to learn how to corral that and get focused when he steps between the lines and really come and compete."

Beasley had 25 points and nine rebounds while playing a season-high 48 minutes against New Orleans.

What is the problem!!!
Based on his numbers, I would say that he can "get focused when he steps between the lines!" Give him the minutes and your concerns are solved.
seminole student

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Apr 10, 2009
Haha throwing a medicine ball at Jermaine O'neal. Now thats priceless, you think he got that rebound?
ChicagoLee

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 10, 2009
dave2183 wrote:
**** Spoelstra and Co. He's 20 and I think his attitude is great and exactly what we need. Why is Wade so negative about Beasley all the time
Because Beasley (albeit talented), doesn't work as hard as Wade.
Kyle

Kalispell, MT

#8 Apr 10, 2009
charles wrote:
Spoelstra is the problem not Beasley. If Spoelstra knew how to inspire and motivate players, Beasley would be averaging 25-30 pts. a game. Beasley will NEVER EVER play up to his potential for Spoelstra nor will any of the other players because Spoelstra doesn't know how to develop pro athletes. Beasley is tired of being messed over and he is much more valuable than Spoelstra will ever be to the Heat and the NBA. Riley made a mistake and he needs to find the guts to correct it. Otherwise, they way Spoelstra is treating Beasley is a huge waste of Mr. Arison's money. He is not getting full value on his investment. I hope they trade Beasley so he can be real star some place else. And Spoelstra needs to go and learn how to coach in high school or junior college somewhere. Riley made a mistake with him.
Spoelstra is a good coach, they won 15 games last season and wade likes him. i applaud him for holding beasley acountable on d.
OLD PRO

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Apr 10, 2009
Spo is a "ROOKIE" as well and should take direct responsibility for the NO loss as well as the loss while not calling time out in the Dallas game! Spo, Grow a pair and realize what you have and learn to use what you have, You have lost more games than Beasley. Wade, I would not critize Beasley after the complete MESS you made on the final play of the Dallas game!
Banana Republic

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Apr 10, 2009
Ahhh. More armchair GMs and coaches. This jackass with the AOL post saying that Riley needs to man up and admit his mistake of hiring Spolstra is just that. Anyone remember 2003 when Wade was drafted and has ZERO jump shot? Anyone remember who Wade himself gave all the credit to for COACHING him up? Spolstra. How about Cook? Same story. So much for "not developing pro athletes". As we currently sit we are 26 games better than last year. The idea that Spo can't coach is moronic at best. He is green as a coach, but will get better as he gains experience. If you look at the staff the only difference from '06 to '09 is the spot he vacated(Fisdale, who has a great rep around the league) and Riley. The idea that Riley would step away and leave the team in unprepared hands is unfathomable. These coaches have forgotten more basketball than these jackass bloggers will ever know. It really is difficult to be lumped in with all the fairweather, know-it-all fans here in S.Fla. but what can you do?
Banana Republic

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Apr 10, 2009
Beasley needs to come off the bench until he can play D. Plain and simple.
OLD PRO

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Apr 10, 2009
Spoelstra isw also a rookie and has made more game decisions that cost us games. Two on the last trip! Wade can remember his belly-flop and lack of calling time out, costing us as well!
I guess they can blame Beasley for those two also if thats what it is all about! Spo should use what he has and LEARN his own job!
Slim

Oceanside, CA

#13 Apr 10, 2009
Beasley is a goofball. He is no where near having a focused killer instinct.

He reminds me of that nut job in chicago, noah.

spo needs to get rid of his hairdo before any player can take him to serious.
mike

Georgetown, SC

#14 Apr 10, 2009
My names Michael Beasley and I was born to play this game.
seminole student

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Apr 10, 2009
mike wrote:
My names Michael Beasley and I was born to play this game.
Michael Beastly*
Johnny

Melrose, MA

#16 Apr 11, 2009
Im just an outsider and celtic fan, but i think you guys are CRAZY.
You guys have a great future with Wade leading the way along with Beasley and Chalmers and Cook and Spo. Beasley will be an allstar as soon as next year, Wade will be an MVP as soon as next year, Chalmers and Cook will be starters and double-figure scorers as well as great athletes and defenders as soon as next year........ and Spo will be the youngest coach in the NBA and running a 50+ win team on the rise headed for their 2nd trip to the playoffs together.
That JO trade was a graet move too by the way, he's a great guy, teammate and hard worker, miami should love him if he gets to 100% health especially.
Tiffany

United States

#17 Apr 11, 2009
I know,wade is the face of the heats franchise,and the best player in the league,dont nobody do it better than him,hes amazing,spectacular,and sexy,lol
Gsmove

Mahwah, NJ

#18 Apr 13, 2009
As a poor Knicks fan I understand your pain with Defense and intensity, but I think Wade is dominating at Beasley's (Chalmers' & even O'Neil's)expense. I've watch this team from afar.

If Beasley was starting all season he would have been much improved on defense and learned to play better with Wade. From watching your games he is a goof ball but never in games. He actually looks like one of the most focused ones on the court in the games. Your team should have been far more playoff ready than you are now.

Though the results for Beasley are decent, but they should have been much better and it was a waste of his rookie season.

For Miami to dominate Wade has to do less on Offense and become 2-headed monster. Even with all his heroics Miami is middle of the pack in the East, with the talent you have that is a inexcusable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daequan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston (Oct '12) Oct '12 _Jusayin_ 9
NBA: Thunder give Cook qualifying offer (Jun '11) Jun '11 ananymous 1
Riley calls remarks 'sad' after Shaq rips ex-ma... (Mar '08) Jun '11 Kim Mathenge 119
NBA: Buckeyes playing for a contract | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 Nick La Nasa 11
Spoelstra on Lamar: "Let's see how it plays out" (Jul '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 15
Season Ticket: Iverson going to the Miami Heat?... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Isiah Wade 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Daequan Cook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••