With Spoelstra pulling the strings, H...

With Spoelstra pulling the strings, Heat, Wade get best of Suns...

There are 11 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 4, 2009, titled With Spoelstra pulling the strings, Heat, Wade get best of Suns.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The evening began with Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal ripping former Miami Heat coach Stan Van Gundy .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Mar 4, 2009
beasley was a great pick

thanks bulls LOL
stunna 1

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Mar 4, 2009
good win....lets go heat!

Hollywood, FL

#3 Mar 5, 2009
Beasely said "I played that a lot in college". Hell he came out as a Freshman, how much could he have played ANYTHING a lot? Good Game.

Coral Gables, FL

#4 Mar 5, 2009
What gets me is the lack of respect that Wade gets in the media. Last night after the game, a couple of talking heads in the ESPN studio are talking about Wade's performance, and one of them asks the other, "can you consider Wade NOW as MVP candidate?" The other replies, "no, he is too inconsistent..."

The man is leading the league in scoring, shooting at a 49% clip, is just barely out of the top 10 in assists, and he is not even a PG, he is in the top 10 in steals, averages more blocked shots per game than 'Sheed, the other Wallace AND Keving Garnett.

Shaq said something last night that resonated, when asked about MVP picks. He said that it has become a label, given by the media BEFORE the season starts, based on their predilection, not performance.

Inconsistent? Yes, the media is.

New York, NY

#5 Mar 5, 2009
last night,dwayne had a good game,hes so consitant wit it he nevers fails to put up mvp like numbers
Dr P

Durham, NC

#6 Mar 5, 2009
Last night the HEAT had a great game,
the team played well and they won.
Six players in double figures. Basketball has five players on the floor for a reason and all are expected to do their part, not just
one player! You can have a star, but
to win everyone needs to contribute big. Wade scoring 50 points and losing
will not get the HEAT to the playoffs
Why did it that the Coach so long to get it right? Let's hope it was not an accident, a fluke.
P.S. Beasley did not learn to play while he was sitting on the Heat beanch, he came to the Team with more
talent than he has had a chance to exhibit. I wonder why?

New York, NY

#7 Mar 5, 2009
yeah,i agree wit you
Andy Permy

Hollywood, FL

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Wade is the mvp this years
Andy Permy

Hollywood, FL

#9 Mar 5, 2009
Wade is the mnvp
Andy Permy

Hollywood, FL

#10 Mar 5, 2009
WWwaddde iiss thhe mvvvp

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Mar 6, 2009
The reason Beas is doing so well is he has sat on the Bench and has learned thru practice and observing the Pro game and not just being thrown in to play his college ball.
You forget he is still just a kid.
Thanks Spo for not taking the easy way & putting in a #2 drafted Rookie to cover your coaching.......... Just ask DWade about how Spo has handled his 1st season as the coach. Even Shaq knows Spo's potential.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daequan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
News Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston (Oct '12) Oct '12 _Jusayin_ 9
News NBA: Thunder give Cook qualifying offer (Jun '11) Jun '11 ananymous 1
News Riley calls remarks 'sad' after Shaq rips ex-ma... (Mar '08) Jun '11 Kim Mathenge 119
News NBA: Buckeyes playing for a contract | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 Nick La Nasa 11
News Spoelstra on Lamar: "Let's see how it plays out" (Jul '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 15
News Season Ticket: Iverson going to the Miami Heat?... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Isiah Wade 1