Heat fires back

Heat fires back

There are 57 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Heat fires back. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

There was no particular identification on the Heat bus that arrived at Philips Arena more than 3 1/2 hours before the opening tip of Wednesday's 108-93 victory over the Hawks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Burny Madoff

Darby, PA

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Great game boys.
jay

Morrisville, NC

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Overall, its a great way to bounce back from a game 1 blowout loss. With the way the guys played tonight, i think we've seen the last of them in this series. I saw a lot of changes from the first game. I thought they were shooting quick jump shots, which i thought was the key. However, the turnover ratio still is a huge factor but in order for our team to keep winning in this series, they have to play like with the intensity guys played tonite.

Wade was spectacular!!! I thought he bounced back from game one, and his mid-range and long range jumpers were key to this game. Hopefully, can keep this up in the coming games.

Overall, i thought the team came out with great intensity compared to the reckless game they played in Game 1.

GO HEAT!!!!!!!
DROC

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Apr 22, 2009
I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! They are tough and no how to fight. Atlanta had this attitude about them after Game 1 like the Heat shouldn't even be on the same court. Similar to the way Dallas acted in the '06 Finals.
But the guys on TNT said it best.. the Hawks don't have a half-court game. As long as the Heat can make shots and control the tempo the series should play out the same way it did tonight.
For all my calls for Beasley, we all need to realize the UD is a major part of this team. The team is better with him no matter what people think.
He came through big time in the 4 qtr
John Luna aka Fuse

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Apr 22, 2009
They can do this and more as long as they establish that post. They must play their game, the tempo was a good control factor. JO did better because they (coaches) used him a bit different this time.
Tiffany

United States

#5 Apr 22, 2009
Now thats whats up,the win was just what they neede heading in to miami,now they can cop 2 wins at home which would make the series 3-1,and one win on the road(phillups arena)will make it 4-1,and the heat wins,good
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Wow...if Jermaine Oneal can play that way and his teammates get him the ball more often...that is going to be a rally balalnced team without much weakness. At center, they have JO, Mag, and Anthony...and that's strong center set. Spo has to utilize them properly. The good thing about Spo is that he has been consistent at least in one aspect-demanding defense and energy as priority. With Wade and Beasley as two of the best offensive weapons in the league...that is all they need. They have good enough supporting cast...if JO keeps this up. If he collects 1 or 2 rebounds..then, that's gonna leave a huge hole and have a tricke down effect making the team really slow and small. When JO plays like that, the team becomes big and active. JO is the X factor. If he gets going, Heat could go a long way un the playoffs, I mean even this year's playoffs. It means that they can even play head to head with Cavaliers and lebron if JO plays big.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Apr 22, 2009
But then you gotta worry about him being injured,hes a force when hes healthy,and playing at his best,but when his knees are injured then,hes useless
mike

Hollywood, FL

#8 Apr 23, 2009
jay wrote:
With the way the guys played tonight, i think we've seen the last of them in this series.
dont get ahead of yourselves. it is unlikely, almost impossible for the heat to keep hitting 3's like they did in game 2. they hit 15 of 26 3 pointers and i honestly dont see that happening anymore.

im a heat fan all the way, but i dont see the heat winning the series and i'll explain.

1)the heat made a ridiculous amount of 3's(15) and wade hit those crazy back to back shots, i think it was 2 long range and 2 or 3 pointers. that really sucked the air out of atlanta, kinda like a demoralizer for the hawks.
2)the heat only won by 15 despite the fact that the hawks were uncharacteristically bad from the ft line, they missed 11 of their 30 free throws, wade scored 33, cook had 20, joe johnson had to sit out for a bit due to foul trouble.
3)I don't see Jermaine O'neal keeping up the hustle, these young guys will tire an already lazy Jermaine O'Neal.

if you just think about it, the heat averages 36% from 3point land. 36% of 26 is 9 3's. for entertainment purposes, they made 6 more than than they average. obviously the average is just estimate of their shooting. anyway, 6 3's equals 18 points and already the hawks would be ahead seeing as they lost bye 15. also add the free throw which they dont miss as much, daquean cook not getting 20 points and all of a sudden the heat is in bad shape. obviously i want the heat to win, thats my team, but im a bball fan first and a heat fan second. again, it will mostly depend i think on Jermaine O'Neals hustle and intensity, and help from Beasley and Cook, and wade being a leader and history shows they are very inconsistent, inexperienced players other than wade.
JAK

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Apr 23, 2009
So much for the "cage" around D-Wade.
jack a

Grand Ledge, MI

#10 Apr 23, 2009
huah!

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Go Heat !!

I appreciate Zo coming in and helping to light a fire .
I certainly hope he gets into coaching .
miamiman

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
But then you gotta worry about him being injured,hes a force when hes healthy,and playing at his best,but when his knees are injured then,hes useless
tiffany it's you who's useless and weak in the brain you MORON!
Heatastic

New York, NY

#13 Apr 23, 2009
Just like DWade says - "to all the doubters, all the haters".....many of you posters are phonies! Great team effort and win against a tough team. DWade took a page from MJ's Bulls days by deferring to others while still getting his. Spo's rotations tightened up whereas the big, constant debate about UD & Beasley's minutes was a non-factor. JO's presence down low clarified the real issue the Heat will need from him throughout these playoffs.
themasters

West Greenwich, RI

#15 Apr 23, 2009
Dwade got game
waDe

Hialeah, FL

#16 Apr 23, 2009
Tiffany...love it when you get mad. What are you wearing?
to all the doubters

Miami, FL

#17 Apr 23, 2009
Man Haslem really came through in the 4th quarter. Haslem can be an X-fator also. Since defenses concentrate on Wade, Haslem is open alot, he just has to nail his jumpers. Also don't pass him the ball under the basket. He is not tall enough to through it down around true big men.

Since: Apr 09

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2009
An awesome team.... much love to you from Raleigh NC
!!!!!!!!!! GO HEAT !!!!!!!!
Bad Idea

Saint Petersburg, FL

#19 Apr 23, 2009
If JO and Udonis play like they played last night, we have a good chance at winning this series. Magloire needs to be in the game pushing people around alot more. If we have any kind of post presence down low, Wade, Beasley, Dequan and James Jones should get plenty of shots. Glad to see our offense play patient last night as well. Go Heat!
GaryGuillermo

Tucson, AZ

#20 Apr 23, 2009
Any landing is a good landing as they say in the "airline" business. A win is a win is a win. The only thing I didn't like (besides from letting Atlanta hang in there the whole game) was it seemed like Atlanta could go inside any time they wanted.
seminole student

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Apr 23, 2009
TRANSITION defense needs to be improved immediately. There was about 4-5 times when the atlanta player just dribbled all the way up court and had a lane to the goal, causing the heat player just getting back to foul. Great win, but that needs to be addressed asap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daequan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
News Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston (Oct '12) Oct '12 _Jusayin_ 9
News NBA: Thunder give Cook qualifying offer (Jun '11) Jun '11 ananymous 1
News Riley calls remarks 'sad' after Shaq rips ex-ma... (Mar '08) Jun '11 Kim Mathenge 119
News NBA: Buckeyes playing for a contract | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 Nick La Nasa 11
News Spoelstra on Lamar: "Let's see how it plays out" (Jul '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 15
News Season Ticket: Iverson going to the Miami Heat?... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Isiah Wade 1
More from around the web