Heady times for O'Neal

Heady times for O'Neal

There are 12 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Heady times for O'Neal. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Jermaine O'Neal , you lucky dog, you. Your stock is down. Your career has faded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Wadecounty47

Longmont, CO

#1 Feb 18, 2009
Im sorry Hide you talk to much. First of all A. Walker was a success here in Miami, "tippy toe 3". Dont you remember him helping this team win a championship? Get your Heady out of your butt.(excuse my french) Now! You did mention some key moments. Like the players who turned 360 when landing here in MIA and no not the airport. Rafer, and Mason, good job bringing those boys up, esp. Mashburn I still have his shot dating back to Coconut Grove times. But you also Hyde need to learn, to quit while your ahead. Ok? Its for your own good! And Smush Parker? Common Hyde!!!!!! Your better than that bro. To bring up that guy, is like jumping off the Sears tower for a retarded person calling you "St-st-stupid".

#1, JO is already here. Its not, "when will he be here?". Its when, "when will he erupt?". 30 is the new 22 boy
Tiffany

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2009
jermaine wont fit in
Toughness

Canada

#3 Feb 19, 2009
JO is one of the toughest guys in the league, and one of the only players in the league that back up what he does, unlike the fake "tough guys" like kmart and KG. Its amazing what a player like that can do for your team, most people loved him for it up in TO. He will help you in the playoffs.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#4 Feb 19, 2009
he called d wade tough...the same guy who had to be taken out in a wheel chair after hurting his SHOULDER!
MIke

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2009
This was a crap article. Hyde is a good writer but this was total shlock. What does his headband have to do with him grabbing boards? A couple of weeks ago he grabbed 19 boards, headband and all. To pretend the 1-second act of putting on a sweatband detracts from one's preparedness is beyond stupid.
laura

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Feb 19, 2009
man dats cold....
i mean i know the rebounding wasnt there but o'neal did ok...
but he could've done better
CFLA HEAT

Orlando, FL

#7 Feb 19, 2009
The headband could be psycho somatic, you know all in his mind which influences his play on the court. JO needs a few monster 20/20 games & I'm sure Riley relents just to keep him producing. I like the article as it relates to players rehabbing their careers here-its true. JO is just as talented as Rice, Hardaway, Mashburn, ZO etc. SO, history says he will revitalize his career & prove the haters wrong just like D Wade has done thus far this season!! I'm hoping thats the case. I think he may have at least 8 bounds last night had he played the whole game. He has the potential to return to All Star form w/in this system. The Heat like to play from the inside-out. JO is a skilled player who knows how to past out of the double team. Lets go HEAT!!
Darren C

Phenix City, AL

#8 Feb 19, 2009
Nice Article. Those names of players who benefitted from the HEAT system is very accurate.
trensaun

Orlando, FL

#9 Feb 19, 2009
Look here's the deal D wade we know this is your team last nite was horrible.Get jermaine the ball early and you do you in the latter part of the quater when teams have to bring in the second unit ala shaq and kobe .coach you gotta use magloir only cause he sets great screens for wade so play him along jermaine somtimes they will rule the boards cook u need to stop shooting that meny three's drive and cut the rest of the team needs to keep moving when wade got the ball or not.Beasley take your time set it before it happens and crash the boards.
shutupHeatSuck

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2009
O'Neil doesn't need his career revived and being Wade's personal ball boy so Wade will stay in Miami is what you expect of anyone and everyone that comes to Miami.

BY THE WAY, Hyde erased the other pro Antoine comments. No place for free speech I guess
Mathodical

London, Canada

#11 Feb 19, 2009
Jermaine said he was going to revitalize his career in Toronto too, see how that worked out?

No offense to the guy I like him but he's past his prime, can barely keep up with his man and is injury prone. He didn't even make it one game without being shuttled off the to locker room for Xrays.

He's not going to start getting 20/10 for the Heat. Maybe 13/7 at best.
Tiffany

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2009
jermaine needs to be traded again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daequan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
News Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston (Oct '12) Oct '12 _Jusayin_ 9
News NBA: Thunder give Cook qualifying offer (Jun '11) Jun '11 ananymous 1
News Riley calls remarks 'sad' after Shaq rips ex-ma... (Mar '08) Jun '11 Kim Mathenge 119
News NBA: Buckeyes playing for a contract | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 Nick La Nasa 11
News Spoelstra on Lamar: "Let's see how it plays out" (Jul '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 15
News Season Ticket: Iverson going to the Miami Heat?... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Isiah Wade 1
More from around the web