Haslem on road woes: "It's time for this team to grow up"

There are 10 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Haslem on road woes: "It's time for this team to grow up". In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

As his players gather in their pregame huddle tonight in Dallas, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra hopes the chant is specific and loud and clear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

alex

Miami, FL

#1 Apr 1, 2009
-- Haslem on road woes: "It's time for this team to grow up".--

After 90% ot the season???... It is too late UD....
You are - who you are.
Just group of Amateurs who scared to shoot, does not know how to rebound, and plays “open house” defence. Do you think you can beat 9th West team with almost the same record? Biiiiiiig doubt.
david

Charlotte, NC

#2 Apr 1, 2009
udonis simply spoke the truth... saying it's time to grow up is just reality for this team full of rookies and young guys around the few vets... udonis has earned the right to call out his guys... people get upset when a team captain is too quiet while his team struggles... you can't have it both ways... he's clearly not the star of the team, but he is one of the leaders on the floor and in the locker room

beasley and chalmers, and even moon need to step their game up for the playoffs... it's not all on them, but without those guys contributing big time in the playoffs, d-wade will average 40 a game and we will lose in the first round... at some point i'm sure shaq let udonis and even d-wade that "it was time to grow up"
Hugh G Rection

North Webster, IN

#3 Apr 1, 2009
quinnie is all growed up

he be a playa

get im sum minutes, he be puttin up numbas

he be da man
mud fish

Hialeah, FL

#4 Apr 1, 2009
Interesting to see how many people give an atsrass.
Scott

Manhattan, KS

#5 Apr 1, 2009
david wrote:
udonis simply spoke the truth... saying it's time to grow up is just reality for this team full of rookies and young guys around the few vets... udonis has earned the right to call out his guys... people get upset when a team captain is too quiet while his team struggles... you can't have it both ways... he's clearly not the star of the team, but he is one of the leaders on the floor and in the locker room
beasley and chalmers, and even moon need to step their game up for the playoffs... it's not all on them, but without those guys contributing big time in the playoffs, d-wade will average 40 a game and we will lose in the first round... at some point i'm sure shaq let udonis and even d-wade that "it was time to grow up"
Beasley needs more playing time, maybe if the wonderboy some decent and consistant playing time, it would take some pressure off of D-Wade
fireSpo

Hialeah, FL

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Beasley needs to play at least 35 min/night. This coach has gotta go as he is costing us games. The starting lineup should be C-O'neal, PF- Beasley, SF - Moon, SG- DWade and pg- Chalmers. Come on coach and make it happen. Let Haslem come off the bench and close out the game along Beasley.
david

Charlotte, NC

#7 Apr 1, 2009
i guess hugh is trying to say get chris quinn more minutes... i love the little white boy, but if chris quinn is getting more minutes, we are probably already in whole lotta trouble... beasley does need more minutes, but his lack of experience and defensive skill at the moment are holding Spo back from trusting him in the clutch... we all know beasley can fill up the basket, but hasn't really shown the clutch factor with his limited minutes thus far... offensively or defensively... obvious fact is that beasley can do more talent wise than haslem, but realistically who do you want on the floor with the game on the line AT THE CURRENT MOMENT? the answer is haslem... unfortunately right now, haslem can help take more pressure off of wade than beasley
david

Charlotte, NC

#8 Apr 1, 2009
alex wrote:
-- Haslem on road woes: "It's time for this team to grow up".--
After 90% ot the season???... It is too late UD....
You are - who you are.
Just group of Amateurs who scared to shoot, does not know how to rebound, and plays “open house” defence. Do you think you can beat 9th West team with almost the same record? Biiiiiiig doubt.
and you don't make any sense with your comment at the end...the 9th seed in the west is phoenix... "Biiiiiig doubt"? really? when i was just at the triple-a when the suns came to to town ( shaqs first time back since the trade ), i recall the heat winning pretty easily and wade dropping 36 along with 16 rebounds i believe it was... could be off...
david

Charlotte, NC

#9 Apr 1, 2009
correction....16 assists
Slim

Oceanside, CA

#10 Apr 2, 2009
think the Heat are missing Shaq now?

JO looks looks like he has lost more than Shaq has.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daequan Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
News Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston (Oct '12) Oct '12 _Jusayin_ 9
News NBA: Thunder give Cook qualifying offer (Jun '11) Jun '11 ananymous 1
News Riley calls remarks 'sad' after Shaq rips ex-ma... (Mar '08) Jun '11 Kim Mathenge 119
News NBA: Buckeyes playing for a contract | BuckeyeXtra (Aug '10) Aug '10 Nick La Nasa 11
News Spoelstra on Lamar: "Let's see how it plays out" (Jul '09) Sep '09 Tiffany 15
News Season Ticket: Iverson going to the Miami Heat?... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Isiah Wade 1
More from around the web