Defense holds off Clippers' charge

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

They made it difficult, because that's what Heat players have done this season. Then Alonzo Mourning came in and cleaned up the mess.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
OH NO

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

I know the NBA Analyst is loving this story. By the end of the week he will have Chris Quinn on the presidential ticket. I am not sure I am going to be able to take his comments. Go ahead Analyst, let us hear about the "Mighty" Quinn.
OH NO NOT THAT

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

I am not sure I will be able to handle the NBA Analyst's comments on this article. By the time he is finished, I will be ready to vote for the "Mighty" Quinn for Emperor of the free world.
fanfromafar

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Oh no talks nonsense, of course. But the one win is nothing but one win. It shouldn't get fans wishing for a big Heat comeback, cuz here's the most likely best-case scenario. The Heat begins to warm up, reaches close to 500 near the end of the season (with the help of some trade in which Riley mortgages a little more of the future for short-term gain), and gets to be the 6-7 seed in the playoffs. There it goes nowhere and is 4 and out (at best 1-4 and out), which only means it loses its chance to get a decent young player with the lottery-protected draft pick it traded to Minnesota, and is condemned to another year, or rather two, of old ball. If the team was in Seattle, they'd call them the Ancient Mariners.
kenny g

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

hope Mourning plays through Shaq's contract..they are great, great one-two punch. I don't think there is more than 2 teams that can match up with us in the center position. And it was great to see Quinn doing his stuff. He is somewhat like Derek Fisher of LA. He is not flash, but just quietly gets the job done. That's what you need with Wade and Shaq, not another ball hog. Quinn and Wright are perfect fit with Shq and Wade. no wonder they won the two games that Quinn has started. He plays under control and keeps the team under control
kenny g

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Quinn and Wright are great fit for Shq and Wade. They don't demand the ball or look to get points. They just fill their roles.. They won the two games Quinn has started and the other one got away with Jason running wild. When they need offense they can bring Davis and Williams off the bench. But, to start, they should go with Wright and Quinn.
Kimchi

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Still not a contender team, no matter what you aspire and hope guys, the Heat won't make the playoffs. Start working on Shaq's contract!
nba analyst

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Kenny G knows his stuff, Oh No doesn't know squat.:)
The mighty Quinn comes through. I knew he would.:)))
Godfrey

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

The fact that shaq existed without comment further confirms that he is all about shaq, not the team. He's wrring about his touches, his legacy, his rings.
Heat Fan

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Give me a break. This was one game. And our aging centers do stink. This whole team stinks, I guarantee they will loose there next game. And anough already about the playoffs, the Heat will be lucky to win 20 games this year!
say what

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

What was the point about the "Honey, it's not worth it" message to his team ??? Just not connecting the dots on that Rileyspeak. The Heat are lottery bound and Riley finally realizes it like everybody else. He'll be looking for a graceful exit soon.
still love the heat

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Agreed with many of these posts - one win does not make a comeback. I'll believe in the Heat once I see a sustained run where the Heat goes 3-1 over 20 or so games. Absent that we are L O T T E R Y bound.
P.S. Bibby AND Miller couldn't help this team be a contender.
g money

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

Miami Heat will turn it around make the playoffs and have a great season and you guys call yourself fans please
williams46

Buting, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

I am intrigued by this Heat prospect Luke Jackson, 10th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft. This guy just cannot be ignored. I have a good feeling about this. This is another one of those steals the Heat will do. 10th pick........ Caron Butler is a 10th pick. This is diamond in the rough.
basketbawful

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

The evitable is upon us. The ploddingly slow half-court set designed to dump it down to Shaq and watch him flounder around will be watched by all until the end of time. Forget the playoffs...here comes the lottery unless another desperate trade takes place to squander the pick.

Why is Riley afraid to go to Shaq and tell him if he wants more touches to go find them off both backboards like every other big man does?

Finally, Riley has played Dorell and should continue to play him no matter how he plays. And also play the hot hand with either Davis or Cook.

Gotta believe there's a trade coming soon.
The Real Reality

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2007

basketbawful wrote:
The evitable is upon us. The ploddingly slow half-court set designed to dump it down to Shaq and watch him flounder around will be watched by all until the end of time. Forget the playoffs...here comes the lottery unless another desperate trade takes place to squander the pick.
Why is Riley afraid to go to Shaq and tell him if he wants more touches to go find them off both backboards like every other big man does?
Finally, Riley has played Dorell and should continue to play him no matter how he plays. And also play the hot hand with either Davis or Cook.
Gotta believe there's a trade coming soon.
What more do you want Shaq to do to get his own shots. Shaq gets the exact same amount of offensive rebounds as Yao Ming yet he gets less shot attempts. It is impossible for a center to get a 20 point average just from getting offensive rebounds. I belive Shaq is averaging 3 offensive rebounds a game and D. Howard is averaging 4 a game but D. Howard averages 23 to Shaqs 15 a night even if Howard hits all his shots thats only going to be 8 points so someone has to feed him the ball. Even last night Kaman could not score on Shaq he had 14 but 12 came in the first half when they obviously ran plays for him to score. I know I am not the only one to notice the pick in roll plays when he would set the pick and Shaq would go over to help defend the guard and then they will dump it off to Kaman because no one would drop down while Shaq went to help. Shaq is amongst the league leaders in offensive rebounds a game. Like every other big man he has to be fed. Amare gets alleys from Nash, Yao gets his passes from the guards, even D. Howard as great an athlete as he is gets his passes from the guards and even LA run plays for their big men to get shots and they are by far inferior to Shaq.
The tem should give Shaq more touches this is like the 7 straight game he has shot the ball less than 10 times, he has to hit all his shots in order to maintain his average and even sometimes thats not enough. I think to many Heat fans are to hard on Shaq they ask him to get rebounds and play defense and thats what he is doing no one ever mentions the opposing guards having great games by outplaying our guards. But you dont ever read that a center outplayed Shaq even last night. When Kaman played him head on he struggled to score which is why he only had 2 points in the second half. The Diesel has step up in the biggest games and got no credit(Pho, Orl, Hou,Bost).

And people quit saying the half court game is dead. Last year both teams in the finals were half court teams and they knew when to run. Everyone keep saying that you need to have an uptempo game to win but those teams dont play defense and in order for them to win they have to outscore their opponents, which is not always a good idea.

But last night was a good game and hopefully the Heat can pull off a victory tonight. Last game they were so close but our gaurds were tired I dont think we had Wade either and Nash hit 11 points in the fourth. But if we sustain our half court game we can pull off a victory. ecause as good of athletes as Amare and Marion is they are finesse players which cant bang down low with the big boys, but if we try to run the majority of the game, it will get out of hand.
Bruno

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Here we go again we the Sun Sentinel showing how incompetent they are by having posted comments from over a year ago! Geez I thought I woke up and had dreamed the Shaq trade but once no its the Sun Sentinel that doesn't the date.
Bruno

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Here we go again with the Sun Sentinel showing how incompetent they are by having posted comments from over a year ago! Geez I thought I woke up and had dreamed the Shaq trade but once again its the Sun Sentinel that doesn't the date.
diatribe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

The French born player still admits that his greatest challenge is having a name that sounds so much like diarrhea.
JAK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Some people think he's funny, but he's really hot and runny; Diawara. Diawara.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Corey Maggette Discussions

Search the Corey Maggette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rodney Stuckey Injury: Pistons' guard exits aft... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nelly N 1
Silas won't return as coach of NBA-worst Bobcats (Apr '12) May '12 Blower 2
Maggette: Jordan will turn Bobcats around (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 1
Charlotte Bobcats vs. New York Knicks Key Match... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Osama 4
Ellis, Curry lead Warriors to win over Bucks (Feb '11) Feb '11 Torn Leader 17
Douglas-Roberts, Bucks defeat Nets for sixth st... (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
Timberwolves 96, Bucks 85: Michael Beasley, Kev... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Mike 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••