Miami Heat's Ricky Davis signs with L...

Miami Heat's Ricky Davis signs with Los Angeles Clippers

There are 41 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Miami Heat's Ricky Davis signs with Los Angeles Clippers. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Ricky Davis' second go-round with the Heat proved nearly as fleeting as his first.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kid Rock

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jul 28, 2008
Oh well..............
nnn

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jul 28, 2008
there goes the only player we could easily afford to trade and teams would be willing to receive. Who is going to receive Jason Williams?
Big Mike

New Orleans, LA

#3 Jul 28, 2008
This guy has never played for a winning team, coincidence? I think not. See ya Ricky.
Wow

Boston, MA

#4 Jul 28, 2008
nnn wrote:
there goes the only player we could easily afford to trade and teams would be willing to receive. Who is going to receive Jason Williams?
You sir obviously no nothing about which you are talking about. Nobody in their right mind is trading for Ricky Davis anyways, but the fact that he is a free agent makes trading him impossible. We would have to sign him and then trade him
WHOLETRUTHY

AOL

#5 Jul 28, 2008
poor off season thus far
aap

Gainesville, FL

#6 Jul 28, 2008
Thank god.
josh jr

United States

#7 Jul 28, 2008
since the heat got rid of davis, they should package out j-dub so the have morespace for trade and free agent reasons. Also trade or realease wright and quinn or trade them out with blount. wright cant produce aand blount cant defend. Haslem should go with beasly now. trade for caron butler i like banks at point guard
josh jr

United States

#8 Jul 28, 2008
trade beasly chalmers and marion for kobe or lebron
fdfdf

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Jul 28, 2008
cvcvc
Common sense prevails

Bronx, NY

#10 Jul 28, 2008
Good riddance!
Common sense prevails

Bronx, NY

#12 Jul 28, 2008
Now lets gte rid of williams, Blount and any other usless addition on the roster.
Luis

West Palm Beach, FL

#13 Jul 28, 2008
Common sense prevails wrote:
<quoted text>
go back to skool an learn how da spell knee grow
Go back to school and learn not to spell school as "skool,"punk!
D-Mart

Hialeah, FL

#14 Jul 28, 2008
THANK GOD!!!

Since: Feb 08

Hollywood, FL

#15 Jul 28, 2008
WHOLETRUTHY wrote:
poor off season thus far
At least its better than last season. The biggest pick up last offseason was Smush Parker! James Jones by far a bigger sign than Parker, or Hardaway for that matter.
GOBOLA

Fort Myers, FL

#16 Jul 28, 2008
NOW MR RILEY TRY TO SEND THE OTHERS TO ANOTHER PLACE, BECOUSE WITH ALL MY RESPECTS ,YOU WAS THE ONE THAT BRANG THIS GARBAGE TO MIAMI.AND EVERYBODY KNOWS WHO THE OTHERS ARE.

Since: Jul 08

Holly, MI

#17 Jul 28, 2008
Ricky "Get Buckets" Davis is on the move again. Davis was once one of the kings of the dunkadelic-highlight reels is now a veteran player with a lot of baggage and not so many buckets. He can still light it up from-time-to-time but his better days are behind him.
Crushers

United States

#18 Jul 29, 2008
Another "brilliant" Riley move.
Crushers

United States

#19 Jul 29, 2008
Let me try again. The trade, which leaves us holding the bag on Blount and down one draft pick, in exchange for, well, nothing. That's what I meant.
Vince Vega

Delray Beach, FL

#20 Jul 29, 2008
Glad to see Ricky go. Now it is time for the Heat to design the offense around Mark Blount who is the ONLY superstar left on this team. He clearly is an MVP caliber player and is in his prime. Just get Blount the rock and he will light it up night after night and will engergize this team. I predict another Heat Championship next summer just mark my words. I am going to bet the Heat big all next year and then retire to a house next to Shaq's.
Dolphinatik

Boston, MA

#21 Jul 29, 2008
Wow I know we had a bad season but did any of you watch the games or are you just commenting to comment. Ricky was a good player last year and did what was asked of him. He scored, he played D, he shot the 3 at a great percentage, he played injured, and he stayed out of trouble. Matter of fact he was the only Heat player that didnt mail it in at some point last year. Call him a loser for other years but dont disrespect the effort he gave last year. Its easy to balk at Ricky when you have healthy Wade highlight reel from the USA Canada scrimmage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Maggette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rodney Stuckey Injury: Pistons' guard exits aft... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Nelly N 1
News Silas won't return as coach of NBA-worst Bobcats (Apr '12) May '12 Blower 2
News Maggette: Jordan will turn Bobcats around (Apr '12) Apr '12 Somalisthefuture 1
News Charlotte Bobcats vs. New York Knicks Key Match... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Osama 4
News Ellis, Curry lead Warriors to win over Bucks (Feb '11) Feb '11 Torn Leader 17
News Douglas-Roberts, Bucks defeat Nets for sixth st... (Jan '11) Jan '11 ipodman98 1
News Timberwolves 96, Bucks 85: Michael Beasley, Kev... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Mike 9
More from around the web