Shooter Now: Timberwolves expected to...

Shooter Now: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension

There are 38 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Shooter Now: Timberwolves expected to offer Kevin Love $70 million contract extension. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Love can look forward to a contract extension offer of six years in the $70 million range once a new NBA labor deal is reached, a little birdie says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jolly Green

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Mar 2, 2011
That's great news for K Love! I'd love to see him here for the future.
Seriously

Champlin, MN

#2 Mar 2, 2011
Only the wolves would sign this lethargic over hyped player to a 70 mil contract. I'm glad his stupid double doubles are putting up wins. The wolves have no clue what they are doing. Wasn't it just last year they hated Love's game and wanted to trade him? Now they want to sign him to a long term contract because all he does is try to get personal numbers. The NBA is about athleticism and creating matchup problems. Neither bolds well for Love. I guess its a good move if you want to stay a below 20 win team.
Davey Jones

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Yeah sure, as soon as Love learns how to play defense play 70 million. if he continues to play just for stats cut this jerk.
TFan

United States

#4 Mar 2, 2011
The Wolves would be stupid not to consider bringing Brewer back at the right price. However, I would rather see them bring him back next year, hopefully he can catch on with a playoff team and get some additional experience the rest of this year.
St Paulie

Manchester, CT

#5 Mar 2, 2011
Davey Jones wrote:
Yeah sure, as soon as Love learns how to play defense play 70 million. if he continues to play just for stats cut this jerk.
Whether or not KLove is worth $70 million is certainly up for debate, but "cut this jerk"? That's inane. By NBA jerk standards, Kevin is pretty far down the list. I don't see how a guy who routinely takes less than 10 shots a game is "in it for the stats". Just my opinion.
Davey Jones

San Francisco, CA

#6 Mar 2, 2011
TFan wrote:
The Wolves would be stupid not to consider bringing Brewer back at the right price. However, I would rather see them bring him back next year, hopefully he can catch on with a playoff team and get some additional experience the rest of this year.
yeah the wolves might want to get players who can dribble and shoot first.... Ive not heard of a pro golfer making it who can swing really hard, but misses the ball. How can someone play pro basketball who cannot shoot or dribble?
TwinsTerritoryFa n

Champlin, MN

#7 Mar 2, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Only the wolves would sign this lethargic over hyped player to a 70 mil contract. I'm glad his stupid double doubles are putting up wins. The wolves have no clue what they are doing. Wasn't it just last year they hated Love's game and wanted to trade him? Now they want to sign him to a long term contract because all he does is try to get personal numbers. The NBA is about athleticism and creating matchup problems. Neither bolds well for Love. I guess its a good move if you want to stay a below 20 win team.
Clearly your a complete moron and know nothing about the NBA. We arent losing because of Love and the only reason we have as many wins as do is because of KLove. He plays the game the right way, busts his ass every game. 20 and 15 a game is great. He obviously shouldnt be a teams first option on offense but he gets the job done. If Wes or Darko would step up this team would be a tough opponent for anyone. Finally Wes is playing better now that he is getting the minutes. Love definately isnt in it for the "Personal Stats". 31 and 31 then 37 and 23, looks to me like those are numbers that help the team. Hard to pad your stats in rebounding. Get a clue before ya trash the man.
trolls

Hugo, MN

#8 Mar 2, 2011
St Paulie wrote:
<quoted text>Whether or not KLove is worth $70 million is certainly up for debate, but "cut this jerk"? That's inane. By NBA jerk standards, Kevin is pretty far down the list. I don't see how a guy who routinely takes less than 10 shots a game is "in it for the stats". Just my opinion.
I'v heard Love in interviews, and he sounds like the only guy on the team who actually gives a crap if they win or not.
The Hammer

Tacoma, WA

#9 Mar 2, 2011
When did the Clippers trade Griffin to Oklahoma?
iowa viking

West Des Moines, IA

#10 Mar 2, 2011
Yeah I root for the original minneapolis team the Lakers, nothing against the Timberwolves, their just a national joke like the clippers, so yeah
Heisenburg

Fresno, CA

#11 Mar 2, 2011
$70 is a bit too much, should be more like $60mil. Wolves have problems, because you can't build around a player like Love, he's a #2 or #3 option on a title contender. If he's your best player you're a lottery team every year, and that's not a knock against Kevin.
Mike L

United States

#12 Mar 2, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Only the wolves would sign this lethargic over hyped player to a 70 mil contract. I'm glad his stupid double doubles are putting up wins. The wolves have no clue what they are doing. Wasn't it just last year they hated Love's game and wanted to trade him? Now they want to sign him to a long term contract because all he does is try to get personal numbers. The NBA is about athleticism and creating matchup problems. Neither bolds well for Love. I guess its a good move if you want to stay a below 20 win team.
It's hard to justify a player being lethargic when that player averages 15 rebounds a game. And when did the Wolves say they hated Love's game? I never heard that. Perhaps you have the link? They did, however, say that the Jefferson/Love tandem was not going to work so they traded Jefferson.

Now, I totally agree with your view about the NBA. It is about creating matchup problems and Love has shown he is overmatched by bigger opponents at times. The Wolves still have some work ahead of them and have admitted this on more than one occasion.

I'm sure you can email your resume to Glen Taylor and see if you can get David Kahn's job.
Bill Brandon

Mendenhall, MS

#13 Mar 2, 2011
Blake Griffin plays for the LA Clippers not the Oklahoma City Thunder
Trapaholic

Des Moines, IA

#14 Mar 2, 2011
WTF?Blake Griffin doesn't play for Oklahoma City
Davey Jones

San Francisco, CA

#15 Mar 2, 2011
anyone rememeber Mike James? Put up 25 points for stinking toronto? Its not hard to put up good stats for bad teams. Does love help to produce wins? so he averages 20 points, he lets losers score 20 points who might only average 10. Hes an average unathletic Joe and should be waived.
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2011
70 million to play a game? Millions of people without a job or a place to call home? Something is really wrong with this picture! This non-sense can't go on forever!
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#17 Mar 2, 2011
TwinsTerritoryFan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly your a complete moron and know nothing about the NBA. We arent losing because of Love and the only reason we have as many wins as do is because of KLove. He plays the game the right way, busts his **** every game. 20 and 15 a game is great. He obviously shouldnt be a teams first option on offense but he gets the job done. If Wes or Darko would step up this team would be a tough opponent for anyone. Finally Wes is playing better now that he is getting the minutes. Love definately isnt in it for the "Personal Stats". 31 and 31 then 37 and 23, looks to me like those are numbers that help the team. Hard to pad your stats in rebounding. Get a clue before ya trash the man.
your a moron you say? It is you're (which translated means...you are!)2 Don't call this guy a moron if you don't know elementary English or grammar.:-) Hilarious!!
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Mar 2, 2011
DD Austin wrote:
70 million to play a game? Millions of people without a job or a place to call home? Something is really wrong with this picture! This non-sense can't go on forever!
So 100 percent of the money generated by ticket sales, merchandise, television contracts, advertising should go in the pocket of Glen Taylor? Genius!
Davey Jones

San Francisco, CA

#19 Mar 2, 2011
DD Austin wrote:
70 million to play a game? Millions of people without a job or a place to call home? Something is really wrong with this picture! This non-sense can't go on forever!
why not? Sports generate billions in revenue you nitwit. So they pay there players about half of what they make. You really are one dumb lunkhead.
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#20 Mar 2, 2011
iowa viking wrote:
Yeah I root for the original minneapolis team the Lakers, nothing against the Timberwolves, their just a national joke like the clippers, so yeah
Hey Iowa - it is they're (translated.. they are! Hilarious!!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA schedule 2013: Timberwolves vs. Nuggets liv... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Denver 1
News Nuggets hold off Rockets for first road victory... (Nov '12) Nov '12 tweety 1
News Knicks waive ex-Timberwolf Corey Brewer (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bulldog 6
News Lakers' Kobe Bryant will put Timberwolves rooki... (Mar '11) Mar '11 shakira 3
News Tom Powers: Wolves hardly basking in glow of bi... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jake 14
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
News Rookie guard Wesley Johnson finds some comfort ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mike L 4
More from around the web