Charley Walters: Timberwolves likely to pursue Rudy Gay

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Timberwolves' pursuit of the Memphis Grizzlies' Rudy Gay , who can become a free agent at 11 tonight, has been anticipated since the end of last season.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2010
TC Florida

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2010
This shows why the Twins should trade for an ace. They have no one close to ready to help them. Perhaps some guys working their way up at A or AA, but Rochester is hurting. Swarzak and Perkins have faded from MLB level performance for some reason.
Joe Mauer 7

Cottage Grove, MN

#2 Jun 29, 2010
YES! Leyland said I'd be back up there...totally worthy of putting in the paper & online.
saint

Erving, MA

#3 Jun 30, 2010
al jefferson is the exact opposite type of center
don nelson would want to coach. not to mention
he has lost his lateral movement and hops. oh yeah
lets throw in the salary factor. better to keep him and see
if knee is anywhere close to what he was
The Enforcer

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jun 30, 2010
If they can't get Gay, I strongly suggest they go after Salmons from Milwaukee. I would go pay see a line-up of Flynn, Webster, Salmons, Love, and some fairly big name post player they can pick up yet during free agency. This would be a great facelift for this demoralized franchise.
barry38372

Savannah, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2010
if they do the i would tell the wolves to cogh uop a pick and cash .
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

#6 Jun 30, 2010
Funny how most of the players mentioned who could come to the T-Wolves are no names from other lousy teams. This franchise is like the keystone cops!
Artie

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jun 30, 2010
Rudy Gay is far from a no-name. If you've paid attention the past two seasons, you'd know he's a rising star, plays good defense, and can pass/shoot/rebound. Which is all of the reasons why the T-Wolves won't get him
T-woof

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Jun 30, 2010
The Gay-Love combination on the court will be Fabulous!
Little Al

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jun 30, 2010
T-woof wrote:
Ho does "BIG AL" fit into the picture
Agreed

West Point, GA

#10 Jun 30, 2010
T-woof wrote:
Don't you mean "Faaaaabulooooooooous "?!!

Since: Sep 08

United States

#11 Jun 30, 2010
Artie wrote:
Rudy Gay is far from a no-name. If you've paid attention the past two seasons, you'd know he's a rising star, plays good defense, and can pass/shoot/rebound. Which is all of the reasons why the T-Wolves won't get him
there is no defense in the NBA, its street ball, same thugs ,now they just get paid
Jonboy

Saint Michael, MN

#12 Jun 30, 2010
So, getting Gay would give them how many small forwards?? Lots
Larry

Ashburn, VA

#13 Jul 1, 2010
Can someone tell me how we only have 15 million under the cap and may not be able to sign gay w/o going over, while Miami is thinking of signing Wade, Bosh and James?

If we cant afford Gay with nothing but rookie salaries on our team with the exception of Jefferson and they can sign those 3 there's something wrong. You can forget about ever competing here.

Same with the Wild. They have no stars an Chicago has millions invested in 5 players. Yet the Wild cant pay even 1 star.

Can anyone say mismanagement?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA schedule 2013: Timberwolves vs. Nuggets liv... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Denver 1
Nuggets hold off Rockets for first road victory... (Nov '12) Nov '12 tweety 1
Knicks waive ex-Timberwolf Corey Brewer (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bulldog 6
Shooter Now: Timberwolves expected to offer Kev... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 38
Lakers' Kobe Bryant will put Timberwolves rooki... (Mar '11) Mar '11 shakira 3
Tom Powers: Wolves hardly basking in glow of bi... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jake 14
Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Corey Brewer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••