Big rally adds up to Timberwolves' vi...

Big rally adds up to Timberwolves' victory in season opener

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 28, 2009, titled Big rally adds up to Timberwolves' victory in season opener. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. One of the personality traits of first-year Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis is his calm demeanor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Camel Tow

Calgary, Canada

#1 Oct 29, 2009
Kevin Who?
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 29, 2009
Rambis looks to be an excellent choice to coach this team. The Nets are picked to be last in the East, and the Wolves aren't expected to make the playoffs, but if they hustle, play defense, and spread the scoring...they'll be fun to watch, and they'll win some games. At this point, that's what Minnesota needs....some hope for the future!
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#3 Oct 29, 2009
It's nice seeing this youg group get off to a good start. Reality is though, it is a long season. Patience is a virtue!:)
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#4 Oct 29, 2009
I could only listen to the game last night and almost turned it off after the 3rd quarter. But - I thought - it's the first game - you have to listen to the whole thing. Sure glad I did! I never wished more than out-of-towners such as myself had an opportunity to see all the games. Hope it's a sign of the future. I have hope that with time they will develop chemistry and learn to play together. I'm surprised they are playing as well as they are right now when you consider that a few months ago most of them didn't even know each other - or the coaches. Not bad, Woofies, not bad at all!

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#5 Oct 29, 2009
DD Austin wrote:
It's nice seeing this youg group get off to a good start. Reality is though, it is a long season. Patience is a virtue!:)
I was reminded this morning that the Wolve's won game #1 last year as well..and well, we know what happened after that.....good luck T Pups!!!!!!!!!
Minneapolis

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 29, 2009
Last nights game was very exciting and bodes well for the future however there weren't 18,000 people there. This years Wolves look to be the best team they have had in four or five years. The second team will be very talented and should be able to compete with any in the NBA. Rambis(Kahn deserves some credit here) has already won me back as a fan. I know its only been one game, but I watch the team closely and they showed me more last night than they have in the last two seasons. The coaching staff they've assembled is top notch, maybe the best in Wolves history. Suddenly I see a bright future. Bold prediction #1.....If they beat Cleveland Friday they will make the playoffs.
Wheelchair Charley

Garfield, MN

#7 Oct 29, 2009
Enjoy it while you can...they will only celebrate another 17 times this year.
fritz

Boise, ID

#9 Oct 29, 2009
i wish i could watch more games but i live in boise now and cant watch to many of them
Big D

Seattle, WA

#10 Oct 29, 2009
Nice win last night. It was tough watching Ty Lawson play so well off the bench last night for Nuggets, considering he could have been a Twolve right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA schedule 2013: Timberwolves vs. Nuggets liv... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Denver 1
News Nuggets hold off Rockets for first road victory... (Nov '12) Nov '12 tweety 1
News Knicks waive ex-Timberwolf Corey Brewer (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bulldog 6
News Shooter Now: Timberwolves expected to offer Kev... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 38
News Lakers' Kobe Bryant will put Timberwolves rooki... (Mar '11) Mar '11 shakira 3
News Tom Powers: Wolves hardly basking in glow of bi... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jake 14
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web