Timberwolves like Kevin Ollie's energ...

Timberwolves like Kevin Ollie's energy so much they put him in ...

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Timberwolves like Kevin Ollie's energy so much they put him in .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Timberwolves made some changes to their starting lineup for Wednesday night's game at Orlando, inserting 12-year veteran Kevin Ollie at point guard, with Randy Foye moving to shooting guard and Mike Miller ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

da piston

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 4, 2008
Randy whittmannn gots ta go!

He sucks a whole lot as head coach.

While your at it, fire McCale and convince Glenn Taylor to sell to someone who has a clue!!!!!!!!!!
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

#2 Dec 4, 2008
New energy? Here's how you get new energy.1) Out the door with McHale & Wittmann
2) Make Flip Saunders Coach and GM! Talk about energy! That would be the best thing Glen Taylor could ever do for the T-Wolves fans and franchise! He's already in the Twin Cities and he is a tried and proven WINNER! Common, Glen - give us all an early Christmas Present! Now is the time!!!!!!!!!!
twolves fan in Tulsa

Mustang, OK

#3 Dec 4, 2008
The players have lost all desire to play for Whittman, it so obvious to me! He does not even know his own players strengths and weakness! I could not belive last night's game, just no coaching to be found the way they were playing!
It is way past the time for Whitman to hit the road and twolves get a new coach!
Sam Mitchell is available, not to mention Flip Saunders!
TFAN

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 4, 2008
I completely agree the management needs to go!!!!
They are not even sticking to their supposed blue print for the future!
Bye bye Whittman!
Starting Ollie at point guard just made the point even more clear.
It is not the players!!! I see posts about how we should have kept Mayo, if we had he probably would only be playing 10 min a game, be given no time to develop and everybody would be saying he's a bust. Three years later he would lose all his confidence and not even be playing or he would go to another team re-find his confidence and take them to the Championship!
Look at Portland, why are they getting better, they are playing their young guys together they've struggled through losses and now they are finding their rhythm.
Foye versus Roy, Foye's rookie season looked good although Roy had more minutes there stats we're fairly comparable, last year unfortunately he got hurt and was out much of the season, he's lost a whole year of playing time to develop, this year how is he ever supposed to get comfortable playing a position with Whit changing everything up. Nothing is constant, its chaos and that just doesn't work.
It's not Rocket science. All year last year they played Al at C and Gomes at PF, when Telfair was getting minutes because they had no alternative he was improving and playing very well. Stick to the Blue Print!!!!!
I don't care if they lose I want to see what the young guys can do, when they get minutes. I HAVE CONFIDENCE IN THEM!!
This should be basic rotation from now on every game unless of injury or sickness.
C-Al Jefferson rotate AJ and Love with C Smith
PF- K Love
SF- R Gomes rotate Gomes and McCants with (Miller 6th man of the year)
SG-R McCants (he wants to start, give him a shoot for a month, give him the minutes Mayo is getting and see "what he can do" run some isolation plays for him.
PG-R Foye - sub S. Telfair

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corey Brewer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA schedule 2013: Timberwolves vs. Nuggets liv... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Denver 1
News Nuggets hold off Rockets for first road victory... (Nov '12) Nov '12 tweety 1
News Knicks waive ex-Timberwolf Corey Brewer (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bulldog 6
News Shooter Now: Timberwolves expected to offer Kev... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the real just ano... 38
News Lakers' Kobe Bryant will put Timberwolves rooki... (Mar '11) Mar '11 shakira 3
News Tom Powers: Wolves hardly basking in glow of bi... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jake 14
News Wolves said to be party in possible Anthony deal (Feb '11) Feb '11 nbasniper1 40
More from around the web