Lakers coach believes bigger is better

Full story: LA Daily News 12
Lakers center Andrew Bynum dunks the ball over Houston's Chuck Hayes on Tuesday. Full Story
Show Me Dude

Fairfield, CA

#1 May 13, 2009
I still say that Fish need to come off the bench with Odom. Farmar or Brown can handle Brooks and whomever they decide to put on SG. Fisher cannot handle Brooks by himself. He will not admit to the mismatch for the sake of integrity, but it is up to these idiots to figure it out and make whatever change is necessary to get ahead of the competition - you think!
Todd

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 May 13, 2009
It sure would be nice if we didn't see the cursing from any professional sports athletes. It is just one more thing we see and our children see. Just like tatts the language needs to stop at some point. When are the commissioners of these professional sports leagues going to put a stop to all of it. I don't want my son or daughter growing up thinking it is ok to have tattoos all over your body nor ear rings for boys, nor cursing and believe that it is ok. When are we going to start having the respectable, clean cut, well spoken men and women stepping up or having those that make these leagues take on a more respectable role and realize the long term influences they have on future generations. Finally the NBA started making the players cover up their suggestive tatts. Take further steps with the language. Sports are all about presentation anymore and not much to do with the sport itself. It comes down to "all about me" attitude by most athletes and "what can I do to show off". Very unfortunate as to what we have come to as a society.
Tod

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 May 13, 2009
One more thing I wanted to add, I think the commissioners ought to put a rule in place that states that as of a year out in the future, given five years or so, that no one will be allowed to play in the leage if any tatts can be seen on the body while playing the game. Some players can do it, why not all. Some of these guys just look bad with all the ink on their bodies and as they get older or their weight fluctuates over time, the tatts look worse or distorted. C'mon commisioners, step up and make some changes.
Robert

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 14, 2009
The NBA sucks..... It has sucked for the past 25 years....totally unwatchable.
Would not surprise me if some of these players have 'tats' on their penis'.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#5 May 14, 2009
Robert wrote:
The NBA sucks..... It has sucked for the past 25 years....totally unwatchable.
Would not surprise me if some of these players have 'tats' on their penis'.
Yet, Here you are, Blogging in an NBA Forum. Curiosity over whats going on in the League?
Or maybe you check up on the status day to day and see if its once again worthy of your viewing attention?

Or Maybe, Just Maybe, you fancy the idea of a tattoo on another mans penis and hope for a first hand glimpse....
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#6 May 14, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, Here you are, Blogging in an NBA Forum. Curiosity over whats going on in the League?
Or maybe you check up on the status day to day and see if its once again worthy of your viewing attention?
Or Maybe, Just Maybe, you fancy the idea of a tattoo on another mans penis and hope for a first hand glimpse....
lol Totally agree, what is this old geezer ranting about, he must of liked it when the NBA was ruled by white slow guys that would have been todays kerrs and horneceks on a championship teams, damn what a random thing to say in lakers thread tittled "Lakers coach believes bigger is better"
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#7 May 14, 2009
Todd wrote:
It sure would be nice if we didn't see the cursing from any professional sports athletes. It is just one more thing we see and our children see. Just like tatts the language needs to stop at some point. When are the commissioners of these professional sports leagues going to put a stop to all of it. I don't want my son or daughter growing up thinking it is ok to have tattoos all over your body nor ear rings for boys, nor cursing and believe that it is ok. When are we going to start having the respectable, clean cut, well spoken men and women stepping up or having those that make these leagues take on a more respectable role and realize the long term influences they have on future generations. Finally the NBA started making the players cover up their suggestive tatts. Take further steps with the language. Sports are all about presentation anymore and not much to do with the sport itself. It comes down to "all about me" attitude by most athletes and "what can I do to show off". Very unfortunate as to what we have come to as a society.
Jeff Hornacek is that You?

Listen Dad, I can understand your concerns however, you act as if Tattoos are a new trend acting as a blanket of Evil on the skin of those brandishing them. Tattoos can be traced back to the 4th millennium, Many, Many cultures have worn tattoos far preceding any religion (including Mormonism).
Whether you agree with them or not, the choice is theirs and having them bears no effect on the game or anything else for that matter so your fears of your kid having them are futile. Besides, Do you really want your kids basing whom they deem worthy of association by appearance?

As for the language, I agree that as a professional; one should conduct themselves as such and refrain from it while representing the organization, but on the flip side: anyone who's played the game can attest to its Emotional factor. Sometimes players just get heated, pumped/amped....it happens. Out of this setting, do you really think your children are safe from vulgarities? it's more prevalent in schools than anywhere else; especially private/church schools wherein by edgy parents ASSume they can quarantine bad behavior. FYI, its cool to be rebellious. Think about that the next time you look on Johnny's innocent Angelic face....
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#8 May 14, 2009
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> lol Totally agree, what is this old geezer ranting about, he must of liked it when the NBA was ruled by white slow guys that would have been todays kerrs and horneceks on a championship teams, damn what a random thing to say in lakers thread tittled "Lakers coach believes bigger is better"
Hillarious. I dint see this post till after I posted, but when I read Dad's post, I immediately thought of Hornacek rubbing the side of his face!
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#9 May 14, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillarious. I dint see this post till after I posted, but when I read Dad's post, I immediately thought of Hornacek rubbing the side of his face!
LOL yeah something about this thread that makes you think of hornacek.
LA Vince

United States

#10 May 14, 2009
This series in indicative of the Lakers season. I find it amazing that the Lakers need an incentive to get up for teams hta are sub par in their recor. They go into Cleveland and break their home winning streak and then lose to a cellar dweller. I guess they know what they are doing but I hope their method doesn't bite them in the Ass. ( That wasn't a cuss word, was it)
Tod

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 May 14, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff Hornacek is that You?
Listen Dad, I can understand your concerns however, you act as if Tattoos are a new trend acting as a blanket of Evil on the skin of those brandishing them. Tattoos can be traced back to the 4th millennium, Many, Many cultures have worn tattoos far preceding any religion (including Mormonism).
Whether you agree with them or not, the choice is theirs and having them bears no effect on the game or anything else for that matter so your fears of your kid having them are futile. Besides, Do you really want your kids basing whom they deem worthy of association by appearance?
As for the language, I agree that as a professional; one should conduct themselves as such and refrain from it while representing the organization, but on the flip side: anyone who's played the game can attest to its Emotional factor. Sometimes players just get heated, pumped/amped....it happens. Out of this setting, do you really think your children are safe from vulgarities? it's more prevalent in schools than anywhere else; especially private/church schools wherein by edgy parents ASSume they can quarantine bad behavior. FYI, its cool to be rebellious. Think about that the next time you look on Johnny's innocent Angelic face....
I think you need help. you contradict yourself.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#12 May 14, 2009
Tod, You must have been thrown off by my rebellious statement. What I meant was: Rebellion is what kids do and therefore cool. FYI meaning: Wake up/Hello. Although Why Am I not surprised you couldn't grasp this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chuck Hayes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kings in talks with free agent Ellis (Jul '13) Jul '13 Anonymous 2
Adelman doesn't get a fifth season (May '11) May '11 tyan 1
Timberwolves turn in another defenseless effort... (Jan '11) Jan '11 DD Austin 12
Cavs lose second straight | The Columbus Dispatch (Dec '09) Dec '09 Tiffany 12
Young Rockets Fan Scores Free Tickets (May '09) May '09 mike mata 1
Damon Stoudamire Still Looking for a Team (Sep '08) Feb '09 Tiffany 6
Pacers can't slow Rockets' run (Mar '08) Mar '08 Charlie Fremont 29

Chuck Hayes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE