Minnesota Timberwolves extend qualifying offers to three player...

The Timberwolves extended qualifying offers to restricted free agents Ryan Gomes, Craig Smith and Chris Richard on Monday and chose to let Sebastian Telfair and Kirk Snyder become unrestricted free agents. Full Story
Stoked

AOL

#1 Jul 1, 2008
All good moves...Mayo/Love trade, also a good move. Things are looking up for the wolves. McHale and team are making progress, change. Hopefully, most of the fans will agree and be patient and not act like MN a-holes, aka the MN legislature.
Quit the hate

Eau Claire, WI

#2 Jul 1, 2008
does anyone know if there is any feasible way the wolves can make a run at baron davis this yr considering our current financial situation?
Wolves Fan

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 1, 2008
Unfortunately the Wolves will not be making a splash in the free agency market this year, they just dont have the money. But with them unloading the bad contracts of Jaric and Walker they should be a major free agency player over the next couple off-seasons.

And the Love / Mayo trade was indeed a good move. The people that are still upset about it just don't understand the NBA.
Scott Van Pelt

Maple Grove, MN

#4 Jul 1, 2008
I guarantee you that if Love doesnt live up to expectations this will be a bad trade. We know O.J. Mayo will be a great player, it just depends on Kevin Love.
Sam

United States

#5 Jul 1, 2008
Wolves Fan wrote:
And the Love / Mayo trade was indeed a good move. The people that are still upset about it just don't understand the NBA.
By making the statement above you are claiming to be an 'enlightened one' and know so much more, about the NBA and basketball, than those who disagree with you.

There is a saying, opinions are like a##holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

You are funny tho.
Paul- Chanhassen

Vancouver, WA

#6 Jul 1, 2008
Wolves Fan wrote:
Unfortunately the Wolves will not be making a splash in the free agency market this year, they just dont have the money. But with them unloading the bad contracts of Jaric and Walker they should be a major free agency player over the next couple off-seasons.
And the Love / Mayo trade was indeed a good move. The people that are still upset about it just don't understand the NBA.
Why didn't Tyler Hansborough come out then? Because he's like Love. He's slow & he's going to have his shot blocked by all the athletes that are in the NBA. Hansborough has been playing well in college for 2 or 3 years, Love had 1 good year. I hope things work for the Wolves with this trade, but I think Love is going to be a good player at best, not the star that Mayo has a chance to be. Maybe comparable to Mahmet Okur(sp?) for the Jazz. I really like the addition of Mike Miller & subtraction of Jaric in the deal. Again, it's only my opinion.
mike

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Jul 1, 2008
keep Telfair
jeb

United States

#8 Jul 1, 2008
dito mike, telfair has potential...i think/hope they realize that.
jeb

United States

#9 Jul 1, 2008
it is amazing how quickly we went from all guards to no guards. at least we have like eight forwards and one center now...nice team.
d mcclay

Maple Grove, MN

#10 Jul 1, 2008
sign telfair.
trade him,cardial and brewer to bulls for hinrich.
if you have to throw in the heat seconds and wolves own second next season, so be it.
or at the most, the above three players and the boston first round wolves own.
d mcclay

Maple Grove, MN

#11 Jul 1, 2008
al jefferon to clippers for kaman, knight and wolves owed first round wiped off the books.
d mcclay

Maple Grove, MN

#12 Jul 1, 2008
if above two happened.....
c kaman
pf love
sf miller
sg foye
pg hinrich
that's a starting (4)five whiter than mchales old bunch.
would be a good team too.
HotRodHundley

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 1, 2008
Paul- Chanhassen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't Tyler Hansborough come out then? Because he's like Love. He's slow & he's going to have his shot blocked by all the athletes that are in the NBA. Hansborough has been playing well in college for 2 or 3 years, Love had 1 good year. I hope things work for the Wolves with this trade, but I think Love is going to be a good player at best, not the star that Mayo has a chance to be. Maybe comparable to Mahmet Okur(sp?) for the Jazz. I really like the addition of Mike Miller & subtraction of Jaric in the deal. Again, it's only my opinion.
Love could indeed turn out to be a slow, white dude who gets his shot blocked, but he's far better than Hansborough. Had high schoolers been able to come out last year, Love/Mayo or Mayo/Love would have been the top two picks. You can't say that about Hansb, because he can't pass and doesn't have Love's range. They're equally average on defense, but Love is better at getting long rebounds and actually has a good vertical. Hansborough is more likely a Nenad Krstic type. As for Love, I'd take a Mehmet Okur who can pass from the high post. I like Mayo's potential, but he's going to have a tough time guarding big guards, and the Wolves' perimeter defense is BRUTAL. Brewer has to step up, and the team still needs a Diop-type player in the next couple of years for about 20-25 minutes a game to help guard the big dudes.
Common Man

Irving, TX

#14 Jul 3, 2008
Paul- Chanhassen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't Tyler Hansborough come out then? Because he's like Love. He's slow & he's going to have his shot blocked by all the athletes that are in the NBA. Hansborough has been playing well in college for 2 or 3 years, Love had 1 good year. I hope things work for the Wolves with this trade, but I think Love is going to be a good player at best, not the star that Mayo has a chance to be. Maybe comparable to Mahmet Okur(sp?) for the Jazz. I really like the addition of Mike Miller & subtraction of Jaric in the deal. Again, it's only my opinion.
That's why Love is better than Hansborough...he is only a Freshmen but he plays like he has 2 to 3 years of college experience.
Scott Van Pelt

Maple Grove, MN

#15 Jul 6, 2008
d mcclay that would be the worst starting 5 in the NBA. The timberwolves have already made one of the worst trades ever, with the clippers, why make it two.
jake m

Owatonna, MN

#16 Jul 9, 2008
stop do nothing timberwolves. the timberwolves have 13.5 million coming of the books next year. and 6.5 more the year after. If we don't add any stupid
additions we will most likely be a lottery team again next year. after the pick and a little luck that love , brewer, telfair "if we sign him",and foye come along with there games we could make a move in the free agency. this team is 3-4 years away
Fred

Melbourne, Australia

#17 Jul 14, 2008
Why do we have so many Power Forward's???
Ryan Gomes, Craig Smith, Al Jefferson, Chris Richard and Mark MAdsen....
Too many!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Richard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After Sacramento Kings torch Timberwolves' defe... (Nov '08) Nov '08 diehard Wolves fan 2
Minnesota Timberwolves finalize training camp r... (Sep '08) Sep '08 seabern 1
QB with Bob Sansevere: Minnesota Timberwolves g... (Jun '08) Jun '08 jtj1011 1
Minnesota Timberwolves coach Randy Wittman will... (Mar '08) Mar '08 flafan 1
Benching Big Al sends big message (Mar '08) Mar '08 LMAO 1
Wolves win at Seattle (Mar '08) Mar '08 Morons 1
Minnesota Timberwolves GM Kevin McHale lets The... (Mar '08) Mar '08 WWill 1
More from around the web