Riley taking a bloom to Rose?

Riley taking a bloom to Rose?

There are 15 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 1, 2006, titled Riley taking a bloom to Rose?. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

MIAMI As free-agent guard Jalen Rose spent Wednesday weighing his options, the short-term future for Heat swingman Dorell Wright hung in the balance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

United States

#1 Nov 1, 2006
Antoine Walker needs to step up. Period!!!!! Shaq must impose his will. Period!!!!! Stan needs to come back as Assistant Coach. LOL!!!

United States

#2 Nov 1, 2006
Jalen Rose could help out. They need the extra fire power.

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2006
If they sign Rose, who is not a good defensive player, they should balance it with a signing of Shandon Anderson. Good bye rookies (Quinn and Hite). Its about winning now.

Springfield, IL

#4 Nov 2, 2006
Rose would be a welcome addition. I like what he would bring to the table

Miami, FL

#5 Nov 2, 2006

Hialeah, FL

#6 Nov 2, 2006
These days anybody who can hit a consistent jumper is welcome. Plus at 6'8" he can play all 3 perimeter positions. If they're not gonna play Kapono, why not drop him for Rose?

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Nov 2, 2006
Rose will be an upgrade to the rookies base don our current makeup, bt Riley has to open the offense a little more also, not relying on just wade and shaq
Mark Jordan

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Nov 2, 2006
I think the Pat Riley and the "senior citizens" on the heat should retire already. They showed they are a good step and a half behind the younger teams. The NBA is the fast lane, and these senior citizens are just holding back our enjoyment of the game.
Chris V

Jersey City, NJ

#11 Nov 2, 2006
The "Senior Citizens" are polishing their rings right now.

#12 Nov 2, 2006
With the signing of Rose the heat will become much better, but they need to start playing Posey and Kapono more often because they r 2 pretty good big men and have a perimeter shot. Wade also has a sick 3 ball but Riley wont really let him take it all that much. why not? is the question we should be asking. But it is only game 1 and there are 81 more to go. We'll be back in the Finals and we'll show 'em our "Senior Citizens" can still play ball.
Toine Relative

New York, NY

#13 Nov 2, 2006
Chris V wrote:
The "Senior Citizens" are polishing their rings right now.
Jordan P@WNED by Chris V! ;)

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Nov 2, 2006
I have nothing against Coach Riley but, If you're a young player with potential you wouldn't want to play for him. Coming from a longtime Heat fan, its almost frustrating to watch Dorell Wright go to waste. I'm not saying that he is a star, but lets all remember that the same thing happened to Jurmaine O'neal up in Portland. So lets just hope that Dorell is patient enough until he is given an oppertunity.

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2006
Bottom line HEAT NEED JASON WILLIAMS BACK..PERIOD...he makes players better around him...Wade too many turnovers a game..4 to 5 a game at Point..Paton too OLD.. Quinn not steady...

Sarasota, FL

#16 Nov 2, 2006
roses are red like the heat uniforms
Jose Rodriguez

United States

#17 Nov 2, 2006
J. Rose may not be the messiah in regards to the Heat's woes, but he could make a great addition to the squad. Considering that he can play guard and small forward, it gives the Heat that option depending on the opposing team and the match ups on a game by game basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
News Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
News Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
News Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
News There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
News Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
News Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Commentarius Maximus 8
More from around the web