Miami Heat may get some of its veterans back before season ends...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

After sending out overmatched lineups for most of March, the Heat could play more of its established veterans over the final two weeks of the season.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2008
dolphinatik

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 1, 2008
 
Cook should have played the entire game or at least 35 minutes. I like Joel Anthony and his effort. He seems composed out there as well. He could definetly be a Ben Wallace for us. Compared to an earlier Detroit team he jsut needs some shooters that are active ballhandlers that can penetrate and knock down shots while he defends the paint. At this point those two guys need to get max minutes. Add Matrix and Banks to the mix and dont fool around with the minutes and that will be our next win.
dolphinatik

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 1, 2008
 
I know Riley is trying to evaluate but he is not giving the Heat the best chance to win night in and night out. He pulls hot players and does not stay with optimum lineups.
nba analyst

Belle Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 1, 2008
 
you can always count on c quinn!
Stuckey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 1, 2008
 
the fact that Wade was part of the Heat's championship two years ago, does not change the fact that he quit on this team because he did not want to be part of the losing. The losing was ruining his endorsement deals and his persona as being a winner.

The guy quit on the Heat and its fans. He goes to rehabilatate his off-season surgeries, AFTER 4 months of playing? And you call me ignorant?

Step back and look at the big picture.
Shaq is stupid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 1, 2008
 
Oh this is just great. Latest is that Shaq was really the one who ran off Stan Van Gundy. The Big Fake is now completely exposed as the Big Phony. Re-think what happened, factor in Van Gundy's latest comments on Shaq, and check out Shaq's ugly girlfriend. Good riddance.
Peckle

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 1, 2008
 
Stuckey wrote:
the fact that Wade was part of the Heat's championship two years ago, does not change the fact that he quit on this team because he did not want to be part of the losing. The losing was ruining his endorsement deals and his persona as being a winner.
The guy quit on the Heat and its fans. He goes to rehabilatate his off-season surgeries, AFTER 4 months of playing? And you call me ignorant?
Step back and look at the big picture.
I'd call you ignorant regardless of anything said here, you big poo poo.
OLD BBLR

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 1, 2008
 
Stuckey wrote:
the fact that Wade was part of the Heat's championship two years ago, does not change the fact that he quit on this team because he did not want to be part of the losing. The losing was ruining his endorsement deals and his persona as being a winner.
The guy quit on the Heat and its fans. He goes to rehabilatate his off-season surgeries, AFTER 4 months of playing? And you call me ignorant?
Step back and look at the big picture.
I agree with you! I got tired of watching him dribble off his foot! He "QUIT" -plain and simple!
lori

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 1, 2008
 
Veterans are coming back?
Good.Keep Blount,Barron,
Johnson on the bench.Let them
play when the vets get injured again.8 more agonizing games to go.
Dade-County

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 1, 2008
 
Stuckey wrote:
the fact that Wade was part of the Heat's championship two years ago, does not change the fact that he quit on this team because he did not want to be part of the losing. The losing was ruining his endorsement deals and his persona as being a winner.
The guy quit on the Heat and its fans. He goes to rehabilatate his off-season surgeries, AFTER 4 months of playing? And you call me ignorant?
Step back and look at the big picture.
D. Wade did not want to sit down!! Riley told him that he had too. And as a season ticket holding Miami Heat Fan, I agree with them. Riley and the Heat's owner also wanted him to finally get over the knee problems that he has had. When your boss who pays your salary tells you to rehab you rehab. Everyone who watch the Heat games regularly knows that this kid plays hurt ALL THE TIME!! We the true Fans in Miami want him WELL and care about his getting better. Why on God's Earth would you want Wade to play all broken up? This shows that you are a heater who wants this kid's career ended!!
WHOLETRUTHY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 1, 2008
 
SHAQ STINKS
heat fan

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 2, 2008
 
Stuckey wrote:
the fact that Wade was part of the Heat's championship two years ago, does not change the fact that he quit on this team because he did not want to be part of the losing. The losing was ruining his endorsement deals and his persona as being a winner.
The guy quit on the Heat and its fans. He goes to rehabilatate his off-season surgeries, AFTER 4 months of playing? And you call me ignorant?
Step back and look at the big picture.
are you serious he did not quit on the team or the fans, there are a couple or reasons why he played one because they need him to play to keep the fans coming, it is up to the coach if he plays or sits. i totally understand the move when wade did play he was not playing hard. they played him long enough to make some money. and now they shut him down early so he can recover. so when you say he quit please know that he can't take himself out the coach and the team has to do that.
heat fan

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 2, 2008
 
OLD BBLR wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you! I got tired of watching him dribble off his foot! He "QUIT" -plain and simple!
the reason he was dribbling off his foot was because he is injured. the only reason he was on the court was to get fans to the arean. people just open their mouths without thinking.
kelby lihme

Fortine, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 2, 2008
 
I think u guys should try to get amre stoudamere then marion and stoudamire could kill the league!!!!!!!!!!
kelby lihme

Fortine, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 2, 2008
 
u should get amare pat plz try do anything

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chris Quinn Discussions

Search the Chris Quinn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Commentarius Maximus 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••