Shaun Livingston on verge of Miami He...

Shaun Livingston on verge of Miami Heat deal

There are 16 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 2, 2008, titled Shaun Livingston on verge of Miami Heat deal. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Free-agent Shaun Livingston is within hours of joining the Miami Heat as a free agent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

moo

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Oct 2, 2008
str8
Mike Honcho

Hollywood, FL

#2 Oct 2, 2008
People were calling his injury a career ending injury. When Riley compared him to Magic, he meant Magic Johnson TODAY, not showtime. Matinee Magic not Showtime magic. Get real, stop looking at recycled talent, Mason was good, Austin too, but only for a year. The game has gotten faster and younger, you can't get 6+ year veterans and think you can still squeeze something out of them. Wake up Riley.
Mace Windoo

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Oct 2, 2008
Seems like a low risk, "meh" move. Just hope it doesn't hinder Chalmer's development.
A New Day

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Oct 2, 2008
I wouldn't get rid of Dorral for Shaun....hopefully, its a real trade happening....not a talent drop for a second round pick.
Link

Pleasanton, CA

#5 Oct 3, 2008
they need to dump Richards and Ahearn.keep Cook and Wright and let these youngens play and see what they got.
scotgif

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2008
I thought he wasn't going to be ready to play at all this year. If so, then what's the point? I guess salary cap?
BLaCKBeaRD

Miami, FL

#7 Oct 3, 2008
Knee problems and basketball don't mix well...just ask Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway. =)
Chris

Orange Park, FL

#8 Oct 3, 2008
This is a Big Reach by Pat and the Heat. Sure if it works out than hurray but i have my doubts. The Clippers just let this guy go, theres a reason they did that. I think were seeing the desperation factor come into play for the Heat....
Heatastic

New York, NY

#9 Oct 3, 2008
Are you people nuts? Sign him!!!
JAK

Miami, FL

#10 Oct 3, 2008
"Dr. Uribe....Paging Dr. Uribe."
Anthony

Bellmore, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2008
Ive been hoping for this deal to go threw for months now. If livingston does come back healthy he is going to be a great addition to this team. He was starting to look very promising before he got hurt. We shall see if he could pick up where he left off.
Anthony

Bellmore, NY

#12 Oct 3, 2008
Mike Honcho wrote:
People were calling his injury a career ending injury. When Riley compared him to Magic, he meant Magic Johnson TODAY, not showtime. Matinee Magic not Showtime magic. Get real, stop looking at recycled talent, Mason was good, Austin too, but only for a year. The game has gotten faster and younger, you can't get 6+ year veterans and think you can still squeeze something out of them. Wake up Riley.
Have u seen how old livingston is he is only like 22 years old its not like he is a washed up veteran. Yes everyone does have their doubts about the knee but it is a low risk they are taking with him that could turn out to be a great move if he does comeback.
WHOLETRUTHY

AOL

#13 Oct 3, 2008
really ....we are in a position to sign insurance policy guys?
Anthony

Bellmore, NY

#14 Oct 3, 2008
Who do we have at point guard right now that could really help us and dont say Chris Quinn bc as much as i like him he is not a starter in this leugue. Plus for what ur going to get him yes, it makes sense to sign an isurance policy.
Anthony

Bellmore, NY

#15 Oct 3, 2008
Dorell Wright has been in the leugue just as long as livingson has and who has been a more impact player in this leuge so far?
joe2

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 4, 2008
damn..lol...little by little this teams is looking scary to play..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
News Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
News Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
News Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
News There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
News Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
News Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Commentarius Maximus 8
More from around the web