Parker can't get off the bench

Parker can't get off the bench

There are 7 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 6, 2007, titled Parker can't get off the bench. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Smush Parker couldn't get into the Heat locker room Tuesday because his fingerprints hadn't yet been entered into the team's high-tech security system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Webber

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 7, 2007
What ever happened to Chris Webber? isn't he available and the Heat in need of depth at PF?
Delraypete

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Nov 7, 2007
Come on Smush! Riley's just trying to drive you to be the best player that you can be! It sounds like you've got a good sense of humor, so hopefully you have a good sense of humility and can use what Riley's doing to take your game to the next level!

“I'm 4 Pac Meaning I'm for Pac”

Since: Apr 07

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

#3 Nov 7, 2007
Like they say "You never get a second chance to make a first impression" Smush Parker came in and immediately got on Pat Riley's bad side when he didn't meet the body conditioning requirements.

Having played with Kobe you would think that he would be good comlimentary piece for D-Wade and Shaq.

They need to look into a possible trade for a small forward. Package him up and ship him out! Thats what I say.
JEROME BET IT

Tucson, AZ

#4 Nov 7, 2007
giving miami 11.5 do you think they will cover tonight?
dduck

Whigham, GA

#5 Nov 7, 2007
Smush will play a roll for this team when Wade gets back. He can shoot & handle the ball; Riley is just putting the hammer down early so he knows his place. We don't need the Smushter dribbling up and jacking 3's; hopefully he gets that memo.
RickyBlaque

Hialeah, FL

#6 Nov 7, 2007
dduck wrote:
Smush will play a roll for this team when Wade gets back. He can shoot & handle the ball; Riley is just putting the hammer down early so he knows his place. We don't need the Smushter dribbling up and jacking 3's; hopefully he gets that memo.
Phil Jackson benched him because his on-ball defense was terrible, he couldn't shoot in the clutch and he could't handle pressure. If you've seen Jordan Farmar (ironically, the Lakers got him with the Heat's pick)and Javarris Crittenton ( the Lakers picked him one spot before Daeqwan Cook), it's obvious why Smush was shown the door. He had already lost his job to Farmar, I have no idea why Riley picked him up and tried to sell him as an effective alternative to Jason Williams.
chango-ochumeleg ua-yemaya

Del Rio, TX

#7 Nov 7, 2007
chris webber is avilable but he wont play for the veteran's minimum, still i wish to see him playing for the heat THIS YEARS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
News Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
News Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
News Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
News There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
News Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
News Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Commentarius Maximus 8
More from around the web