Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Despite the struggles of his rookie forward at the start of this first-round playoff series against the Atlanta Hawks , Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Michael Beasley is learning valuable lessons.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Apr 28, 2009
CanesHeatFins

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

On a night that we only score 71 points, I can't believe there's an article about a supposed bad game from our third guy off the bench who only played 11 minutes. Beasley being scapegoated again, shocking. Let's get one thing straight if Beasley starts and plays 37 minutes like Udonis did tonight, he'd be getting heck of a lot more than 4pts 9 rebs. Although, he'd still trail UD in the overrated defense department though.
DOM

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

I dont think its the fact beasley is struggline. HE GOT 11 MINUTES LAST NIGHT? He is back to looking over his shoulder, No defined role, short leash, and he is trying to make it happen in a short time. OBVIOUSLY WHEN 3's are not falling, we need a 2nd threat,. with wade hurt, spo should have inserted beas at the 3 instead of diawara. and played him alongside wade. and played him at the 4 w/jones.
DOM

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

CanesHeatFins wrote:
On a night that we only score 71 points, I can't believe there's an article about a supposed bad game from our third guy off the bench who only played 11 minutes. Beasley being scapegoated again, shocking. Let's get one thing straight if Beasley starts and plays 37 minutes like Udonis did tonight, he'd be getting heck of a lot more than 4pts 9 rebs. Although, he'd still trail UD in the overrated defense department though.
\

TOTALLY AGREE--THIS IS ABSURD---IT SHOULD READ---COach spo kills beasleys confidence on a night we need scoring by giving him 11 minutes. PLUS< giving him no role in the playoffs. OUR 2nd BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM IS SITTING ON THE BENCH-----SCRAP UD to 22-25 minutes off the bench., when UD"s shots not falling, he is useless as well.
Heatup

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

the coach has killed his confidence my a$$...BEASLEY IS STRUGGLING BIG TIME and he needs to MAN UP..This is nobody's fault but his. His shot is off, he's not driving, he's making BONEHEADED mistakes...His playing time is directly related to his production...D-Rose has stepped it up while Beasley has looked like a punk..AND DON'T TELL ME ITS BECAUSE OF SPOLSTRA!!!
charles

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Spoelstra thinks he "can fool all the people all the time." He doesn't like Beasley; Beasley knows it and so do all of us. If Beasley was starting, he would be producing big time because he would not have to come into the game as cold as a sub. And he'd certainly produce way better numbers than Haslem. Beasley is a big time talent that should be producing big time results at playoff time. He hasn't because Spoelstra doesn't know how to develop extremely talented players. There's not one player Spoelstra has produced-not one! So stop with all the glowing rhetoric about Beasley-Spoelstra. You "don't walk like you talk."
Mike

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Beasley's big problem is his ego and immaturity.

Rose keeps his ego in check and is far more mentally stable than Beasley.

Beasley needs to look at Stephon Marbury. Marbury has loads of talent but because of his attitude, he was never a good teamate and never made his teams any better.
juanp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Guys,
Get a grip on the Beasley issue. I hope he makes it happen but so far The kid is playing without a clue.
Commentarius Maximus

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

It's absolutely stunning that Beasley is not fully prepared for the playoffs with all the minutes Spoelstra was force-feeding him throughout the year. There is a rookie who is costing this team dearly, but he's not wearing a uniform.

On a related note, Haslem may only have shot 2 for 8 from the field, but you could really see his championship pedigree shining through as his shots clanged majestically off the rim.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chris Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
Heat finishes big, thinks small with Beasley (Apr '09) Apr '09 Onthejobtraining 4

Search the Chris Quinn Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••