Van Gundy back as visitor

Van Gundy back as visitor

There are 25 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 27, 2007, titled Van Gundy back as visitor. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Twice. That's how many times Stan Van Gundy has been back these past two years to the building where he toiled for 11 seasons as a Heat assistant and then Heat coach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
conch salad

Edwards, CO

#1 Dec 27, 2007
Its a shame what happened to Stan, I always liked him as the HC. However, Riley did take us to the promised land. I wish him the best though, and I am happy his team is doing well. He was always a class act.
Jeff

Quezon, Philippines

#2 Dec 27, 2007
Orlando Magic - 106
Miami Heat - 93
juan dela cruz

Philippines

#3 Dec 28, 2007
tangina mo Jeff! ilagay pa naman ang score. GAGO KA!
Nteps

Wilsonville, OR

#4 Dec 28, 2007
Let's welcome back Stan Van Gundy.
bballfan

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 28, 2007
If the Magic get back on track for the rest of the season, he should win coach of the year.
Nomski

Lagos, Nigeria

#8 Dec 28, 2007
really Pat is just not a coach for this team, they would eventually through him out, my only question is why not sooner.

izi
Droc

United States

#9 Dec 28, 2007
I always believed Stan when he said there were no hard feelings but..... the fact that he will NOT where the championship ring from the 2006 season for which he played a MAJOR factor in, makes me wonder....
If it wasn't for Stan's coaching during D Wade's formative years as a pro he would not be the player he is today. No doubt in my mind. If Riley was the coach Wade and UD would have spent their entire rookie and soph years on the bench. See D Wright, Simeon etc... Riley doesn't know how to deal with young players, they need time to grow and make mistakes on the court. Every other teams does it and they benefit from it. He stuck in that same old mentality. That's the reason we are where we are today. Period.
Droc

United States

#10 Dec 28, 2007
I always believed Stan when he said there were no hard feelings but..... the fact that he will NOT wear the championship ring from the 2006 season for which he played a MAJOR factor in, makes me wonder....
If it wasn't for Stan's coaching during D Wade's formative years as a pro he would not be the player he is today. No doubt in my mind. If Riley was the coach Wade and UD would have spent their entire rookie and soph years on the bench. See D Wright, Simeon etc... Riley doesn't know how to deal with young players, they need time to grow and make mistakes on the court. Every other teams does it and they benefit from it. He stuck in that same old mentality. That's the reason we are where we are today. Period.
vedat bingol

Mugla, Turkey

#11 Dec 28, 2007
i love this game,i love miami and it is because of pat riley that miami can be out of play off race. yes pat riley must assume responsibility of this year awful start and do something.i know what can be done,resignation. immediate action must be taken ,so that miami can be back on track.i believe that miami will fare.tomorrow may be too late,the team needs new blood, a new coach,thank you pat rily but it is time for you to leave
Master Chief 911

United States

#13 Dec 28, 2007
I think Stan Van Gundy and Pat Riley should work together.On 2004-05 ,coach Stan Van Gundy put the Heat to a 59-23 season.They made it to the playoffs but came up short against the pistons.On 2005-06,they got the new coach which is Pat Riley.They had a season of 52-30 and made it to the playoffs and won the championship.Stan Van Gundy can carry the Heat to the playoffs and Pat Riley can take care of the pistons.
Master Chief 911

United States

#14 Dec 28, 2007
When Alonzo Mourning said that they can repeat it again when they won the championship,he was wrong.Some teams improve every season.You can't win the championship again just because you won your first title or you have a lot of experience.You need to practice a lot and let everyone on your team play.Coach Pat Riley is doing a great job but the defense is the only problem.When an oppenent passes the ball to a team mate,don't just stand there and wait for the rebound,contest the shot.When Haslem shoots a jumper, don't just leave,grab the rebound.You'll never know if he's gonna make the shot.3 people should go for the rebound and the 2 should be at the opponent's court if there's a fast break that's gonna happen.
Master Chief 911

United States

#15 Dec 28, 2007
I did a mistake on my second post. On the six sentence,it's supposed to be this ; When an opponent passes the ball to his open team mate and he shoot's the ball, don't just stand there and wait fot the rebound,contest the shot.
rjordan

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 28, 2007
I truly feel sorry for the HEAT...the lottery is where they will end up...get ready for Michael Beasley. They should also make a trade with the Rockets to take Bonzi Wells in exchange for Dorell Wright and Alexander Johnson...this will help both teams...
Tarkan BJK Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

#17 Dec 28, 2007
Yes you are right man, we have to get rid off pat riley, miami needs a new coach and ı have a name, aydın örs(famous turkish coach) from turkey..congrulations man. we love miami and they deserve to be successful not at the bottom at the standings p.s; shishevsky is not one of the candidates, he showed everyone how much he was successful at the world basketball championship :)
Heat Fan

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Dec 28, 2007
I always admired Stan The Man. I with the best to him and his family this holiday.(I also wish he was still with the Heat!)
Jeff

Cabanatuan City, Philippines

#19 Dec 28, 2007
tangina mo Jeff! ilagay pa naman ang score. GAGO KA!

hey Juan Dela Cruz,from Angono, who are you?

The heat are lucky if they are win 25 games this season, watch the Live NBA Game on today on NBA Baskteball Cable T.V, okay, buy your popcorn, have your girlfriend, buy sodas and then Enjoy Losing the Heat tonight.

Common Sense Juan Dela Cruz.

Offense Wins Game.

but

Defense make playoffs or Win championships.

just talk to me bec i'm online 24/7 at home in my pc and laptop.
Hugus Bamo

California, MD

#20 Dec 28, 2007
i hate h im and i think that he should no longer be a coach. his skills are sooo subpar and he is taking the team nowhere. i think that we should have him out of here by the first of the year if not sooner. my anger and hate for him as a coach and a man over all is ridiculous. i just think that he should sease to exist.. GOSH!!!! G WILLAKERS! i just don't know how to express myself when i get all worked up like this!
Master Chief 911

United States

#21 Dec 28, 2007
The heat are going to a bad start.They should relax and not getting to much pressure from the fans.This is a game.
PERIOD..........Heat Rules
peterson john

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Dec 28, 2007
heat is mess up and they are the last team in the east and i hope they come back, see my team during good is the LA LARKERS 18-10 yes we during than the heat
Master Chief 911

United States

#23 Dec 28, 2007
Jarrod wrote:
<quoted text>
Stan would have won a championship too if Riley hadn't kicked him off the coaching staff...the team was doing great and he "wanted to spend time with his family"? Ya right...
You can't predict if Stan
Van Gundy can lead the Heat to the championship.Sure,with him the heat was 59-23,but they didn't won the championship.They lost to the pistons and it was a tight game.But that doesn't matter.They still didn't won the championship.Besides,if they did beat the pistons what are the chances that the Heat can beat the pistons.All I can say is Pat Riley should be the assistant manager of the team and Stan Van Gundy can be the coach.Period..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
News Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
News Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
News Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
News There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
News Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
News Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Commentarius Maximus 8
More from around the web