Heat takes a chance on 6-7 point guard Shaun Livingston

The Heat has decided to take the long view at point guard. So add former Clipper Shaun Livingston to the crowded equation. Read more
thinking man

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2008
I hope he can reach 100 percent this year or Wade maybe in for a long year.
ATLDolphan

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Oct 4, 2008
Nice move
Don

Miami, FL

#3 Oct 4, 2008
Even if it takes 1 year, SUPER MOVE------AS LONG AS HE BECOMES SHAUN AGAIN--GREAT MOVE
Dwayne

Ormond Beach, FL

#4 Oct 4, 2008
I've been lobbying & blogging for the Heat to add this guy. i love his game, and the potential he showed in LA. Now, hopefully his body is stronger as a result of the injury. Like Wade, who had the same off season trainer as Sean, came back stronger this summer with more explosion & hops then before his knee injury. Livingston is primed to do the same. I don't think it'l take him a full year to get back. I think around Dec/Jan he should be back at full strength, explosion, lateral motion and ready to contribute as a starter! Nice pick up Riley.. LET'S GO HEAT...This addition adds a ginormous up side for the backcourt in MIA. I look forward to BIG games b/w Wade & Livingston. They could be the best backcourt in the East, challenging DET's backcourt combo of Hamilton, Billups & Stuckey!
Stanislaw

United States

#5 Oct 4, 2008
You just do not find players that young, inexpensive and with that much potential. If he gets back to around 100% what a bargain.

As bad as the injury was certainly a risk worth taking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Heat: Jermaine O'Neal, Yakhouba Diawara t... (Jun '09) Apr '10 DJ P 11
News Chris Quinn picks up 2009-10 option on Miami He... (Jun '09) Jun '09 eger 9
News Dwyane Wade: Derrick Rose 'more athletic than me' (Dec '08) May '09 COMON 24
News Miami Heat, Pat Riley restricted in roster move... (May '09) May '09 trensaun 17
News There's work to do (May '09) May '09 Brettman 2
News Miami Heat routed by Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 (May '09) May '09 jason bourne 112
News Beasley's struggles continue in loss to Hawks (Apr '09) Apr '09 Commentarius Maximus 8
More from around the web