Ben Gordon left out of three-point sh...

Ben Gordon left out of three-point shooting contest

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 4, 2009, titled Ben Gordon left out of three-point shooting contest. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ben Gordon never got his hopes up, figuring his chances to be named to the All-Star weekend's three-point shootout were about as high as assistant Del Harris' vertical.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Gordon needs to realize that he's an average NBA player, who's bread and butter is his shot; however, around the league his rep isn't as solid as he feels it is apparently. Which is why he should feel fortunate that he plays for Paxson. I have no doubt that Paxson will re-offer Gordon a contract that, although won't be quite as good as Deng's contract was, it will be close. And since imo, the free agent market won't be as kind to Ben as he thinks it will be, he should feel fortunate that Paxson still considers him one of his core members. He easily could have been dumped on, like Hughes, Duhon, Thomas, and others have been by Paxson, and ended up with maybe half of what Paxson's going to give him, when all's said and done.
Tiffany

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Feb 5, 2009
well he aint that much of a 3 point shooter anyways
a fan

Dixon, IL

#3 Feb 5, 2009
Gordan is a solid player. frusrated like most players under contract year. i believe this will make him finish his season proven how good he really is........
Tiffany

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2009
not really
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#5 Feb 6, 2009
Rod from Tennessee wrote:
Gordon needs to realize that he's an average NBA player, who's bread and butter is his shot; however, around the league his rep isn't as solid as he feels it is apparently. Which is why he should feel fortunate that he plays for Paxson. I have no doubt that Paxson will re-offer Gordon a contract that, although won't be quite as good as Deng's contract was, it will be close. And since imo, the free agent market won't be as kind to Ben as he thinks it will be, he should feel fortunate that Paxson still considers him one of his core members. He easily could have been dumped on, like Hughes, Duhon, Thomas, and others have been by Paxson, and ended up with maybe half of what Paxson's going to give him, when all's said and done.
I wouldn't sign Gordon for the league minimum.
He was Paxson's only really bad draft pick.
Tiffany

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2009
not really,hes a solid point guard,who can shoot the ball well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Paul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? (Apr '15) May '16 Sam 5
News Los Angeles Clippers have Chris Paul; who's next? (Jul '13) May '15 tom wingo 6
News Jump ball: Bizarre Clippers court case nears close (Jul '14) Jul '14 Hemantprajapat 3
News Chris Paul: Clippers players might walk out (Jul '14) Jul '14 In it for cash 1
News NBA owner in hot water over racist remarks (Apr '14) Apr '14 Viva Sucking 2
News Clippers score biggest win in history, dominate... (Mar '14) Mar '14 jamminsam 1
News Los Angeles Clippers vs. New York Knicks: Pro B... (Jan '14) Jan '14 rer 1
More from around the web