Lakers forward Gasol an All-Star; Cli...

Lakers forward Gasol an All-Star; Clippers center Kaman isn't

There are 14 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Lakers forward Gasol an All-Star; Clippers center Kaman isn't. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

In the end, Pau Gasol let his game speak for itself. He declined to fire back when Clippers center Chris Kaman said last week the 7-foot power forward/center shouldn't be selected to the All-Star team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

11bravo

Studio City, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2010
we are going to chalk this one up in the "WHAAAAA!" section
apujac

San Marcos, TX

#2 Jan 29, 2010
great news for pau. i knew he's an all star caliber player. he's consistant with his game, doesn't pass his responsibilities to another guy like bynum does. kaman can watch at home.
russ

Nogales, AZ

#5 Jan 29, 2010
the hornets must feel like they got ripped off on that trade!
Mr Grizzly

Lake City, AR

#6 Jan 29, 2010
I think Chris Kamen should have been selected as a reserve for the all star game.....There should have been a Gasol selected to the all-star game......but it should have been Marc (Pau's younger brother) who's playing for the Grizzlies. He's having a very good year....Pau has been injured for part of the season......
Mr Grizzly

Lake City, AR

#7 Jan 29, 2010
russ wrote:
the hornets must feel like they got ripped off on that trade!
It wasn't the Hornets but the Memphis Grizzlies who traded Pau Gasol to LA a few years ago. And i don't think they got ripped off....They got Pau's youger brother Marc in that deal(draft pick) and several other players...Marc Gasol is having an all-star year in my opinion....
Who gives

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jan 29, 2010
So who gives rat's a_s.ss about mediocre center on crappy team (i.e. Chris Kaman)? Not really worth wasting my breath to talk about...

As for BYNUM, the way he has been playing, he really does NOT deserve to be selected. They made a very good choice. In all honesty, he is not that far ahead of Kave-man. A guy who is 22, 7.0", 268#, and cannot even play for more than 30 minutes...just lacks in every aspects of the NBA high standards, inconsistent, slow, unproductive, unmotivated.

What good is it to only shine against sub .500 teams once in awhile?

For BYNUM tonight, 6 points n 3 rebounds n less than 30 minutes...mind you he was the only starter who played less than 30 minutes, well actually he is very consistent in that department. He was about 3 steps behind PAU throughout...

And PAU was doing all the things that the center was supposed to do, sprinting offensively/defensively, pick n roll, passing, rebounding, etc.
PAU Deserves

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jan 29, 2010
Yes, the consistency counts a big time and PAU definitely deserves to be on that all star roster.

Unlike ANDREW who is a night and day different from game to game.......

KOBE and PAU will do just fine out there.......
3 WORDS 4

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 29, 2010
3 words 4 LAKERS to be able to repeat their championship.

DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!= 2010 Championship
San Diego Clippers

Brea, CA

#11 Jan 29, 2010
Somebody needs to remind Chris what being an all-star means. To remind everyone of what Chris is soon to forget, the Clippers went 23-59 in 2007-2008 which equals out to be 30th place out of 35 teams. In 2008-2009 things got worse, they went 19-63 which was good for 33rd out of 35 teams. In case nobody looked, their still sub .500. Chris started on both of those team, FYI, which doesn't really spell all-star for me, call me crazy. Maybe if he didn't look like a caveman he'd have more fan appeal. As for now, I'm just hoping Mike Dunleavy and the horrid Clippers put their tail between their legs and head back to San Diego where they came from. The last time they even had a winning record was 2005-2006. hahaha, Clippers suck and so does Chris
YEAH

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2010
Yeah BREA, you are crazy....NOT! lolol

I rather see some feisty players running up and down the court doing things they are supposed to do instead of a turtle ever so slowly going through yo-yo motion.

Let's get Stoudemire for lazy/slow/unproductive Bynum.
3 and 6 is RIGHT

United States

#13 Jan 30, 2010
3 rebounds and 6 points in 25 minutes is a stat for some Elementary school player, right?
DREAM ON

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Feb 2, 2010
With some of those LAZY asses out there, there is no way the Lakers will three-peat!!

At this rate, DREAM ON!!!
Sam

Newmarket, Canada

#16 Feb 2, 2010
3 and 6 is RIGHT wrote:
3 rebounds and 6 points in 25 minutes is a stat for some Elementary school player, right?
Naw I was thinking more Pre school.
THOUGHT SO

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Feb 2, 2010
Yeah I thought so too.......DARN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kaman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chris Kaman: Keeping Portland Weird (Jul '14) Jul '14 Ted Haggard s Mas... 1
News Lakers Interested in Chris Kaman (Jul '13) Jul '13 Edrian 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Talk Josh Sm... (Feb '13) Feb '13 King Dyce 1
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Could Look T... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sammy 2
News Oklahoma City Thunder: Struggling Thunder does ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 grannybug 1
News Should Miami Trade for Kaman? (Jan '12) Jan '12 haha 2
More from around the web