L.A. County to join Prop. 8 suits

L.A. County to join Prop. 8 suits

There are 175 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 13, 2008, titled L.A. County to join Prop. 8 suits. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Just when the Clippers thought the cut from losing their first six games was beginning to scab over, the Sacramento Kings came down to Staples Center and ripped it back open, winning 103-98 in a game in which ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“"LIVE SMALL MINDED"”

Since: Nov 08

Monterey Park, CA

#164 Nov 14, 2008
I think this Yes on 8 passing may be good in the longrun.

We all know this will be overturned in the courts again, and justly so.

But here is my take......The Mormon church dumped all this money into california for yes on 8.
BUT, these recent protests are getting widespread National coverage which is priceless!!!
Once this is overturned again with national attention, California might help other states/citizens to rethink their views and realize the world isn't going to end.
CJH

West Hollywood, CA

#165 Nov 14, 2008
I dont see how all of this affects a persons right to commit to some one. Its no ones business but theirs. I do see where it will limit benifits buy the government and corporations. Thats what this is about. Not marriage, but leagal rights.
jag

Miami, FL

#166 Nov 15, 2008
I don;t get it? If your in the restraunt business than only sale food! Why must these popular type of eatery establishments who take money from gays voice their opinions on Prop 8!? Sale food make your money and shut up!
Teacher

AOL

#167 Nov 15, 2008
Vileorc wrote:
<quoted text>
So, as my mom used to say; "If everyone wants to jump off a cliff, are you going to jump too?"
It appears that when you boil this whole thing down it comes out to a word; marriage. Just the term itself, nothing more. If, what many people claim, that a civil union and marriage are the same thing, or offer the same rights, then the argument is over the term itself. Some people feel threatened that the institution itself will somehow be transformed. Someone here even said that "gays are a freak of nature". If that is so, it proves the argument that being gay is not a choice. If it is not a choice, then that is the same as skin color, or ethnicity. If that is true, then why should this class of citizen treated differently than everyone else? This proposition is just discriminatory in it's very nature. Don't you see the hypocrasy in changing a set of rules that are to guarantee rights to now deny them, but only to one segment of the citizenry?
Wow. You equated my comment about democracy and the people's will as jumping off of a cliff? You are really grasping at straws here. I stated that I wasn't too thrilled with the outcome of the vote, but also stated that the courts, government and those who disagree need to respect the will of the people. That is why we have to right to vote! So, if I was one of those who disagreed with Obama being President, I have the right to vandalize private property, send powder through the mail to religious institutions and other types of violence?
Got it now

AOL

#168 Nov 15, 2008
jag wrote:
I don;t get it? If your in the restraunt business than only sale food! Why must these popular type of eatery establishments who take money from gays voice their opinions on Prop 8!? Sale food make your money and shut up!
The owner of the restraunt should have the right to back whichever prop he likes, It's not like he plastered it all over his windows. It's public record..What about all of these actors that give their little comments during the awards
Terry

Solihull, UK

#169 Nov 15, 2008
Mooreline wrote:
Terry....How do you equate bigotry with democracy? Everyone who does not agree with me is not a bigot. Why is that not the case with you?
Everyone who trys to take away other peoples freedom because they are filled with hate is a bigot. Why invent such a propsition in the first place? Hate, that's why...remember the Nazis?

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#171 Nov 15, 2008
Moishe wrote:
Latisha (6 yrs.old): Gramma, what do gay mean?
Gramma Aiya: Chile, it mean Got AIDS Yet?...hee hee hee hee
Ok, dork... you've used several names to try your jokes out. I'm not for homosexual marriage but your are tired and a waste of time. You've run out of names in the Doylestown, PA phone book so just spew your hate at your granddaughter and leave the rest of us to discuss topics of import to our local constituencies.
Got It now

AOL

#173 Nov 17, 2008
Moishe wrote:
Why buy the cow when you get the "milk" for nothing?
Why buy the milk when you have the cow at home
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#174 Nov 17, 2008
Straight and against 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they're just following that oh-so fine example you prop 8 supporters set in the first damn place.
After all, it worked for you; you succeeded in getting an initiative put on the ballot that never should have been there in the first place, all because you got mad and whined and stamped your feet until you got your way...
Supporters of Prop did not "whine and stampled your feet". Supporters of prop 8 obtained enough signatures to get this proposition on the ballot. It was the will of the people that this prop be placed on the ballot.

If you want this prop to be reversed try going about it the correct way.

If you are "straight", as I am, and if you believe in the almighty, who came second, WOMAN, or man (Eve or Steve?

Since: Sep 08

ORANGE, CA

#175 Nov 20, 2008
MIke wrote:
The gay community will do anything to get some attention. The votes are in.**** I love the gays that still carry the vote no on 8 signs.**** I thought gays were smart.**** The elections were over a week ago.****
I keep trying to explain this to people as well. they probably should have tried shoving their No on 8 down our throats *before* the election (not that it would've worked), but they're still doing it. WE CAN'T VOTE NO ON 8 NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT US TO. THAT ELECTION AT THE POLLS, IT'S ALREADY OVER! now let us get back to our daily lives...

ORANGE, CA

#176 Nov 20, 2008
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who trys to take away other peoples freedom because they are filled with hate is a bigot. Why invent such a propsition in the first place? Hate, that's why.**** remember the Nazis?
clearly, you haven't studied the issue well enough from the UK. marriage in California was already defined as being between a man and a woman, until some activist judges in the capitol (with the help of Gavin Newsom, et al) decided whoooops it wasn't -- against the will of the people. THAT'S why this measure was created and THAT'S why it passed. and why it would again today.

STATES RIGHTS! let them move to MA or CT to get married...
Terry

Solihull, UK

#177 Nov 20, 2008
brianguy wrote:
<quoted text>
clearly, you haven't studied the issue well enough from the UK. marriage in California was already defined as being between a man and a woman, until some activist judges in the capitol (with the help of Gavin Newsom, et al) decided whoooops it wasn't -- against the will of the people. THAT'S why this measure was created and THAT'S why it passed. and why it would again today.
STATES RIGHTS! let them move to MA or CT to get married...
Or just get rid of people like you....

ORANGE, CA

#178 Dec 5, 2008
go ahead, try.... American citizen, born and raised (NY & CA). and most people agree with my views expressed here.

any similar qualifications I should know about? otherwise, buzz off

ORANGE, CA

#179 Dec 5, 2008
AirCau wrote:
Once this is overturned again with national
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT wrong, try again.

Traditional marriage isn't being OVERTURNED by any courts in any other states. see, it's a states rights issue, not a civil rights issue. so any other state (CT, MA) can make it legal if they want to. but there have already been 3 round here, and it's clear we're not, just as the other 46 states haven't.

to think a constitutional amendment be "unconstitutional" is quite a stretch. dear judges: you can't force the will of the people so why even try.
Jordan Adams

Surfside, CA

#180 Dec 5, 2008
Why would the County Democratic pols be the only elected Democrats in the State to miss an opportunity to foment disunity among the citizen population.

It's a Progressive Thang!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kaman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chris Kaman: Keeping Portland Weird (Jul '14) Jul '14 Ted Haggard s Mas... 1
News Lakers Interested in Chris Kaman (Jul '13) Jul '13 Edrian 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Talk Josh Sm... (Feb '13) Feb '13 King Dyce 1
News More milestones: Vince Carter shoots past Bird ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Could Look T... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sammy 2
News Oklahoma City Thunder: Struggling Thunder does ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 grannybug 1
News Should Miami Trade for Kaman? (Jan '12) Jan '12 haha 2
More from around the web