Magic bounce back with big win over P...

Magic bounce back with big win over Pistons

There are 190 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 7, 2008, titled Magic bounce back with big win over Pistons. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orlando Magic not only stopped a potential sweep by the Detroit Pistons, finally beating them 111-86 on Wednesday night to end a nine-game playoff losing streak against their Motown nemesis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Michael in Ocoee

Polk City, FL

#1 May 7, 2008
Booya!
Kong

Altamonte Springs, FL

#3 May 7, 2008
.....beat 'em like a red-headed stepchild.
JAKEFROMORLANDO

Orlando, FL

#4 May 7, 2008
Wow, Jim. I hope you recover from your self-imduced colonoscopy.

In the meantime, GOOOO MAGIC!
Poor Pistons Fan

Hollywood, FL

#5 May 7, 2008
The Pistons would have won this game if it weren't for Billups getting hurt and the refs doing a make-up game for the call in Game 3, which should have counted anyway, because Chauncey would have made the 3 even if there were 0.00001 seconds left on the clock. Sheed got called for fouls when he NEVER commits a foul. When Sheed complains about a foul call, it is because he is always right and the officials are against him because he is a Detroit Piston. This game was a fix, because the Pistons never lose to the Magic in a fair game. The Pistons are the most discriminated against team in NBA history. The Magic will lose every game unless the refs fix it. Poor Pistons Fan....
Play

United States

#6 May 7, 2008
Jim, thats just nasty
Stank Van Grumpy

Winter Park, FL

#7 May 7, 2008
Hedo was scaring me again with his shoot it at all cost attitude. I think he wants at least 30 shots per game but If he passes the ball to lewis more often the magic will be fine.
Clam Happy

Ocoee, FL

#8 May 7, 2008
Brian Schmitz should learn basic English. The first paragraph is so screwed up, I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't my eyes. He says "not only" but only lists one thing they did. "Not only" is usually followed by "but", and then state the other thing they did to make "not only" make sense. Real professional writing.
detroit

Bonita Springs, FL

#10 May 7, 2008
this win is good for the magic,i hope they stop crying now.
poor taxpayer

Astor, FL

#11 May 7, 2008
Stank Van Grumpy wrote:
Hedo was scaring me again with his shoot it at all cost attitude. I think he wants at least 30 shots per game but If he passes the ball to lewis more often the magic will be fine.
Yeah what the hell is that about? Is he getting jealous of Dwight being called Superman? Chill out Hedo and pass the freakin' rock.

“Aww jiggah please!”

Since: Feb 07

McKinney

#12 May 7, 2008
that's one!!! Lewis did the damn thang tonight!
LMAO

AOL

#13 May 7, 2008
Hello Dahhhlings!
Credit where creit is due. The Magic came out with fire and played one of their best games of the year.

They took the Pistons comeback runs and withstood them. It was great to see them NOT fold when the score was Magic by 3.

I hated to see Billups hurt as it just isn't the Pistons without him...but chit happens, it could have been Dwight or Lewis that got hurt.

Good game Magic!

:)
nanningbob

Nanning, China

#14 May 7, 2008
Ok Jim and Detroit fans get ready to ***** in your pants. Every game has been an improvement as this team learns to play at this level. If we keep our TO down like we did in this game and we continue to play solid D like we have the first 3 games its going to be tough for them. OK like I have been saying. Win 2 at home and 1 on the road and we guarantee a game 7. I believe this team can do it. They are getting stronger every game. Game 4 is going to be a war. Detroit knows we win that one they will have to face one of the best road teams who now has playoff confidence in itself. Go Magic!!
not the same

Austin, TX

#15 May 7, 2008
That is funny
Poor Pistons Fan wrote:
The Pistons would have won this game if it weren't for Billups getting hurt and the refs doing a make-up game for the call in Game 3, which should have counted anyway, because Chauncey would have made the 3 even if there were 0.00001 seconds left on the clock. Sheed got called for fouls when he NEVER commits a foul. When Sheed complains about a foul call, it is because he is always right and the officials are against him because he is a Detroit Piston. This game was a fix, because the Pistons never lose to the Magic in a fair game. The Pistons are the most discriminated against team in NBA history. The Magic will lose every game unless the refs fix it. Poor Pistons Fan....
Clam Happy

Ocoee, FL

#16 May 7, 2008
Who says they're crying? I dare you to say that to the players.
I love the internet

United States

#17 May 7, 2008
Jim From Sanford wrote:
Well folks I called this one. I predicted that the Magic would win one game and tonight was it. Of course, I also predicted that the Magic would lose to the Raptors, but this time I know I'm right. That's because I had an omen. After the Magic won their opening series, I decided that the time was right to place a Dwight Howard bobble-head doll deep within my anus. That cheap piece of plastic broke off during some vigorous thrusting, and now I have to use a colostomy bag, which is why I have so much time to post on this forum. The fact that my sick, homoerotic fantasies have devastated my sphincter to the point where I have to empty my colostomy bag 5 times a day PROVES that the Magic will lose this series in five. You heard it here folks. And I've got the raw, suppurating anal sores to prove it.
Best post in the history of the internet.
Bob Loblaw

Athens, TN

#19 May 7, 2008
Poor Pistons Fan wrote:
I hope that was a joke. Great game from Lewis and Howard. Jameer and Dooling played well, Arroyo sucks.
Hey Billups, why dont you rest that hamstring the rest of the series, that would help alot.
DAC

White House, TN

#20 May 7, 2008
Hilarious...the Pistons lost...end of story
Poor Pistons Fan wrote:
NotReally

Orlando, FL

#21 May 7, 2008
DETROIT SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKSSS! Annoying Piston fans can make excuses now about how Billups went out and they couldn't execute any defense.
Feels so good to beat them, but not just beat them, run them off the court at the end!
Jims lover Tom

Deland, FL

#22 May 7, 2008
Hey Jim,

Shut up and get back in bed.
Johnny Who

United States

#23 May 7, 2008
detroit wrote:
this win is good for the magic,i hope they stop crying now.
How does whipping the Piston in game 3 make up for a bad call that cost them game 2????? It should be 2-1 in favor of the Magic....until then the Magic fans have every right to cry about the shaft they received. Ask yourself if it was called the OTHER way and the Magic had won, would the Piston fans be crying right now? Of course they would....even Billups said the Magic got a bad call, but they would take it. Don't act as if it was a border line call....it wasn't even close, the refs blew it and the NBA didn't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chauncey Billups Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Grizzlies beat Clippers for 14th win in 15 games (Mar '13) Mar '13 anonomous 1
Talk about Chauncey Billups (Dec '12) Dec '12 glad when Billups... 1
News Ex-Pistons guard Billups' rehab going well, won... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Aaron Ellington 1
News NBA Free Agency Rumors 2012: Randy Foye Interes... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Vincent Goodwill: NBA Insider: Chris Paul soars... (May '12) May '12 Leaked US Militar... 1
News Chris Paul Must Play Like MVP to Save Clippers ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Shifting Gears 3
More from around the web