Heartache at home: Magic fall to Pistons

Heartache at home: Magic fall to Pistons

There are 197 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 10, 2008, titled Heartache at home: Magic fall to Pistons. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Playing without captain and star point guard Chauncey Billups , the Detroit Pistons edged the Orlando Magic 90-89 on Saturday to take a 3-1 lead in their Eastern Conference semifinals matchup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
murat

Istanbul, Turkey

#211 May 12, 2008
everybody talks about the lack of experience of the magic, bad coaching etc... being a sports fan for more than 20 yrs, the thing I learned is the personality of the city and the fans generally rubs off to the team, that's why pistons always plays hard in blu collar mentality, lakers are flashy and all about the show, utah jazz are methodical and conservative etc etc...
to understand the mentality of the magic team, it suffices to look to the comments after game 1 of this series, almost everybody were pessimistic and ready to throw the towel, well this will not get in done,
ok. nelson is a mediocre player, a point guard should not make 2-6 ft, and lewis is largely overpaid, but look to the bigger picture here, with pistons and celtics aging, only real threat in the east will be cleveland, howard is the only dominant center in the east, the addition of a real pg, and a defensive stopper that can match up with lebron can make the magic a dynasty of the next 5-10 yrs. and I still believe this series can go to 6-7 series, if howard wakes up and leave this "I'm still very young, I'll have lots of opportunities" attitude and play hard, as hard as the pistons old timers..
MagicFan

Orlando, FL

#212 May 12, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know I dont get many compliments on here...I want to Thank You for at least (1) person that can handle the truth!
I have said many times that I dont have a problem with the Magic team. The problem on here is that so many dont see the light.
VanGundy is a problem at this time...he even admits it himself and needs a lot more experience...12 years in an NBA front office doesnt make a coach.
The only thing that I wish to do is be truthful and insightful...and most of all to get JJ on a team that will allow him to work to be successful.
As you know Otis & SVG are not going to let anyone but journeymen backups play. So be it.
Just let a great player have a chance to succeed or fail, at least somewhere.
Thanks again.
Would you shut up please. You're an idiot.

You write the same thing over and over. You obviously hate Van Gundy just because he doesn't play your boy Reddick. You're not a fan and you always have your facts wrong about Van Gundy. You know noting about basketball either.
ITS HEATing UP

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#214 May 12, 2008
murat wrote:
everybody talks about the lack of experience of the magic, bad coaching etc... being a sports fan for more than 20 yrs, the thing I learned is the personality of the city and the fans generally rubs off to the team, that's why pistons always plays hard in blu collar mentality, lakers are flashy and all about the show, utah jazz are methodical and conservative etc etc...
to understand the mentality of the magic team, it suffices to look to the comments after game 1 of this series, almost everybody were pessimistic and ready to throw the towel, well this will not get in done,
ok. nelson is a mediocre player, a point guard should not make 2-6 ft, and lewis is largely overpaid, but look to the bigger picture here, with pistons and celtics aging, only real threat in the east will be cleveland, howard is the only dominant center in the east, the addition of a real pg, and a defensive stopper that can match up with lebron can make the magic a dynasty of the next 5-10 yrs. and I still believe this series can go to 6-7 series, if howard wakes up and leave this "I'm still very young, I'll have lots of opportunities" attitude and play hard, as hard as the pistons old timers..
YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE HEAT.

wade beas and marion.

NOW THATS A DYNASTY
mike2315

New York, NY

#217 May 12, 2008
really bad loss.......they let the city down on Saturday. They got the support they asked for and them didnt reciprocate that support with a win. Not good at all.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#218 May 12, 2008
The Magic's inability to get rebounds killed them. They gave Detroit too many 2nd chance points in the 4th qtr.
Adam

Sorrento, FL

#219 May 12, 2008
Daniel wrote:
I find it funny how after game 3 all the Magic fans wanted to talk about was how shitty our Pistons team is. Now that we beat them at home without our all star point guard they try and take swipes at everything else (city of detroit, the lions (seriously?! haha), anything else).
Pistons > Magic.

And our announcer is effing awesome. I sense jealousy, because yours sucks. "Defense!!.. Defense!!.." He sounds like a tool.
I never said that the Magic were better than the Pistons. I said we WILL be better than them soon. Pistons are getting old man, so enjoy the last of your ride. And trust me, your announcer sucks man. He sounds like a rapper who couldn't make the cut. Your Pistons might be winning but you'll be annoying forever.
Adam

Sorrento, FL

#220 May 12, 2008
And why all the negativity here all of a sudden? I thought the goal this season was to make it to the second round. Well, we did, and we're making a fight of it. They blew us out, we blew them out (by more) and then they snuck in and won the 2 close games which teams with experience do. I believe that people will still call them the Tragic unless they sweep the Finals. Be glad with our progress this year and look forward to next year.
Adam

Sorrento, FL

#221 May 12, 2008
murat wrote:
You can't just look at the Orlando city cause its a freaking hodge podge of people here. Everyone loves the weather and the city so we get people from all over. Good and Bad. Its why there are so many Piston fans at the games. Everyone wants to cheer for them but lets be honest. Who wants to live in Detroit?
Benny Blanco

Winter Park, FL

#222 May 12, 2008
Play Gortat with Howard in a twin tower line-up and the pistons will cry at the elbows and physical play. Remember that Gortat was the one who busted Howard's lip and gave him stitches. Right now you have two finesse players who avoid contact and the pistons are feasting cause it is two much for one guy no matter how strong or good. Foyle can get them rest time and Hedo can move up to shooting guard.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#223 May 12, 2008
This is something I can say with little or no doubt at all..and that is the Magic will win an NBA Championship within the next 2 or 3 years.

This year was a successful season. Next year will be successful as well. We as Magic fans can take pride in knowing that with each passing year our team is getting better and better.

So we can all sit back and relax and enjoy this ride which is leading up to greatness.

Who knows, with the right pieces in place next year we could possibly make that championship run a little bit sooner.

Either way we all have a lot to look forward to as fans of the Orlando Magic.
GOPISTONS

Lady Lake, FL

#224 May 12, 2008
ITS HEATing UP wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE HEAT.
wade beas and marion.
NOW THATS A DYNASTY
Dear God, choad spank, why are you still here? Get out of your mom's basement, stop searching for gay buttsecks websites and get a job. Check out the "Heat Suck" forums.
WhoMayPlay

Marion, NC

#225 May 12, 2008
Im just glad Arroyo didn't play. So there will be nobody saying that was his fault.
You know what people??? I'm a musician, and one day while I was trying to play as fast as another guy before class, our teacher was listening from the other side of the classroom, after a few minutes he comes to us and tells me, "you know something? It is not about being the fastest music player, is about playing the righ way. You don't have to be the fastest to be the best one."
And in this case,Is not about scoring a bunch of points, is about scoring when is need it. Yes, I'm talking about Nelson.
big vern

Umatilla, FL

#226 May 12, 2008
ChiaPet wrote:
Hey, don't worry Magic fans! Jameer Nelson's guaranteed a Magic victory in Game 5! And it's JAMEER NELSON, so you know he means it! lol This actually makes me more secure as a Pistons fan that the series is over.
i am afraid you're right, who in the hell is nelson anyway...what has he done to speak for the whole team. and as for hedo, show up for at least one game dude...
Good Play

Puerto Rico

#227 May 12, 2008
WhoMayPlay wrote:
Im just glad Arroyo didn't play. So there will be nobody saying that was his fault.
You know what people??? I'm a musician, and one day while I was trying to play as fast as another guy before class, our teacher was listening from the other side of the classroom, after a few minutes he comes to us and tells me, "you know something? It is not about being the fastest music player, is about playing the righ way. You don't have to be the fastest to be the best one."
And in this case,Is not about scoring a bunch of points, is about scoring when is need it. Yes, I'm talking about Nelson.
I agree with you.A point guard have to control the tempo,produce assits,defence and vision in the whole court,and when is necessary put the ball in the basket.JN have one of thats ability,KD nor!
Brian Its Tess

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#228 May 12, 2008
GOPISTONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear God, choad spank, why are you still here? Get out of your mom's basement, stop searching for gay buttsecks websites and get a job. Check out the "Heat Suck" forums.
no i want
TO STAY HERE AND BE HERE TO HECKLE YOU WHEN YOU END UP WITH THE SAME SEASON AS THE HEAT

NO TITLE

AND DRAFT PICK NUMBER 28

[email protected]

[email protected]

GOOD PICKS!!!!
Deano

United States

#229 May 12, 2008
bjnx42 wrote:
i guess i wood get excited now to if there was a team in detroit worth a damn.lets take a closer look pistons-6 years
lions-100 years tigers 25 years' another words you suck unless you get help from officials
Hey grand rapids puke. 4 about to be 5 stanley cups, 3 NBA titles, 2 world series and one win, and constantly in the playoffs advancing every year.

You want to bag on the lions ok. but get real
I WATCH FOX NEWS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#230 May 13, 2008
Deano wrote:
<quoted text>
and constantly in the playoffs advancing every year.
ADVANCE ALL THE WAY TO THE EAST FINALS THEN CHOKE
at least we made it
YAY!!!!!!!!!!
YOU SOUND LIKE A 7TH GRADE GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chauncey Billups Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Grizzlies beat Clippers for 14th win in 15 games (Mar '13) Mar '13 anonomous 1
Talk about Chauncey Billups (Dec '12) Dec '12 glad when Billups... 1
News Ex-Pistons guard Billups' rehab going well, won... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Aaron Ellington 1
News NBA Free Agency Rumors 2012: Randy Foye Interes... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Vincent Goodwill: NBA Insider: Chris Paul soars... (May '12) May '12 Leaked US Militar... 1
News Chris Paul Must Play Like MVP to Save Clippers ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Shifting Gears 3
More from around the web