Heartache at home: Magic fall to Pistons

Heartache at home: Magic fall to Pistons

There are 197 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 10, 2008, titled Heartache at home: Magic fall to Pistons. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Playing without captain and star point guard Chauncey Billups , the Detroit Pistons edged the Orlando Magic 90-89 on Saturday to take a 3-1 lead in their Eastern Conference semifinals matchup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
eaglecoach04

United States

#1 May 10, 2008
It is all over but the "Fat Lady" singing
Jay

Leesville, LA

#2 May 10, 2008
Byebye Magic
wow

Daytona Beach, FL

#3 May 10, 2008
I think I would rather Orlando play close to a team all the way to the fourth quarter opposed to having a lead. They ALWAYS seem to lose them.

FREE THROWS ALWAYS kill you!

We need to stop complaining about FOULS and MAN-UP!
Otis Smith needs to go out and find some BANGERS. We are constantly getting beat by teams who are physical.

Say what you want about RASHEED but he comes to play EVERY night.

I know we're young but they have yet to realize THEY must play hard EVERY time they step on the court. I see it in Detroit and I see it in BOSTON.

This Mickey Mouse mentality is getting old. We will never get to the championship like this.
Gramps

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 May 10, 2008
I think Howard could just as well been helping those lousy ESPN commentators. Doris Burke and Dan Shulman --- where did ESPN get these two. The Magic chances against the Pistons are only good when Howard "helps" and he certainly did not show up tonight. And don't tell me he is "young" !!!
Detroit Rocks

United States

#5 May 10, 2008
It's over Magic fans, and where was your Superman tonight? PATHETIC! You got a looooooong way to go before you'll EVER get out of the second round. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#6 May 10, 2008
I have to agree with David Steele's from Sunshine Network comments at the end of the game. In the history of the Orlando Magic, that had to be the most heartbreaking loss. No excuse for blowing a 15 point lead.

We had every chance to win the game and we blew it. I give that loss to Jameer Nelson. When a point guard misses 4 of 6 free throws including the one to tie the game. His fault.

The other critical point in this game was when they missed with 17 seconds and we are up by one and Mcdyss (sp) grabbed the rebound. That was huge because Prince scored on the next shot.

Piston are just too good for the Magic....bottom line.

Maybe we can the next one of the road, but I'm not counting on it.

Otis, time to have another good off season and let's get better for next year. The good news is, our future is still very bright.
Cherokee

AOL

#7 May 10, 2008
Now, they just need to win two games in Detroit. Can they do it? Of coure they can.
wow

Daytona Beach, FL

#8 May 10, 2008
Gramps wrote:
I think Howard could just as well been helping those lousy ESPN commentators. Doris Burke and Dan Shulman --- where did ESPN get these two. The Magic chances against the Pistons are only good when Howard "helps" and he certainly did not show up tonight. And don't tell me he is "young" !!!
I agree. However, I think the other players needed to make shots in order to open it up for Howard.

Magic doesn't have a KILLER INSTINCT. This is what I mean by the Mickey Mouse Mentality.
Evanstone

Ocala, FL

#9 May 10, 2008
The series is over. The Magic are not going to beat Detroit three straight games. The good news is the Magic have improved from their playoff appearance last year. They need to get one or two more quality players and then they could move onto the Conference Finals. Get rid of some of the dead weight now.
Eff The Magic

United States

#10 May 10, 2008
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEE CHOOOOOOOOKKE

CHOCK ARTISTS. Put a blue fork in them, They are DONE!
ChiaPet

Welland, Canada

#11 May 10, 2008
Hey.. thanks for coming out, Orlando. It was nice of a lot of you fans to infest the Detroit Free Press' Message Board after you beat the Pistons last game. Though I'd return the favor. You took it in YOUR house, WITHOUT Billups, Pistons got you by the throats now. Watch and learn, youngsters.
Tragic Posers

United States

#12 May 10, 2008
Adios boys. na na na na hey hey hey GOOD BYEEEE.
Erik

Ann Arbor, MI

#15 May 10, 2008
No Billups, on the road, in a must win for the Magic, and we still get the win!!! I think Magic Nation got a little over confident. All I've been hearing is that w/out Chauncey there was no way you all would lose.

I love it!

This was a heck of a game to watch. Could have gone either way.

It'd be nice if Howard continues to improve his offensive game, and you all get a real PG in the draft.

Hopefully we see you all again next year in the playoffs!
Steve B

Ocala, FL

#17 May 10, 2008
HEDO WAS FOULED ON THE LAST PLAY . MCDYESS WAS IN THE CIRCLE. ANOTHER HOSE JOB BY THE NBA AND JOEY CRAWFORD ON THE MAGIC AND CITY OF OLANDO.
bjnx42

Ann Arbor, MI

#18 May 10, 2008
its pretty clear the n b a wants thje pistons in the finals against the celtics what a shame i dont watch much n b a but i had a house full of people and i live in michigan and not a one of us will watch another minute of the playoffs . that was so one sided its not even funny.
the officials should not only not be paid but they should be fined for ignorance.
TCitian

Rockford, MI

#21 May 10, 2008
Brian Schmitz the Orlando columnist wrote - "Hedo Turkoglu had a chance to win the game for the Magic with 8.9 seconds left, but missed a layup, and Dwight Howard could not gather the rebound."

May we paraphrase since it looked like another missed call by the refs - "Hedo Turkoglu had a chance to win but missed getting called for an offensive foul (obvious rundown - moreso than the last one called on Tayshan Prince)while Howard proceeded to foul the Pistons on who boxed out one the rebound as time ran out."

Maybe Billups should relax on the sidelines for another game?
big vern

Lady Lake, FL

#22 May 10, 2008
ChiaPet wrote:
Hey.. thanks for coming out, Orlando. It was nice of a lot of you fans to infest the Detroit Free Press' Message Board after you beat the Pistons last game. Though I'd return the favor. You took it in YOUR house, WITHOUT Billups, Pistons got you by the throats now. Watch and learn, youngsters.
nice, coming out of your hole after the magic spanked bosh and the boys....sore f'ng loser...
Reussow

De Leon Springs, FL

#25 May 10, 2008
They are losers tonight.

Worse loss in team history since Nick missed the free throws against Houston. There are teams and then there is this team. Utterly pathetic. They still accept defeat without question. They knew they were going to lose and they didn't care. I've wasted 19 years and 90+ games this season for a bunch of hard playing but careless, losing team. I wonder how better of my life would be if I hadn't spent so much of my time watching these guys give opportunities away.

No more; nothing short of a final 3 game sweep will allow me to ever care about my only home town team again. We and they know that's not going to happen, I have no choice but to give this team the finger when they lay down next game. My wife and kids would be much happier if the NBA had never come to this soft town.

Lose the series lose a fan since day one.
The Fluidics

Taylor, MI

#26 May 10, 2008
It's funny you call Detroit fans classless, while talking about an entire city of people raping their neighbors. Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Great game Orlando, I love these close, grind them out games. If turk hits that last shot, you go to Detroit 2-2. I'll agree that the Magic are definately on their way up.
Let's hope the game on tuesday is just as exciting.
Steve B wrote:
THE PISTONS ARE GOING NOWHERE . THE CELTS WILL HAMMER THEM AND THE CLASSLESS PISTON FANS CAN THEN GO OUT AND HIT A COP OR RAPE THEIR NEIGHBOR WHEN THEY LOSE.
ChiaPet

Welland, Canada

#27 May 10, 2008
Boo-Hoo! The League's out to get us! We got fouled! Detroit stinks! The Celtics will beat you! I wouldn't want to live there! lol You people are pathetic. Grow up, take your medicine, be good losers, for once. There's always next year....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chauncey Billups Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Grizzlies beat Clippers for 14th win in 15 games (Mar '13) Mar '13 anonomous 1
Talk about Chauncey Billups (Dec '12) Dec '12 glad when Billups... 1
News Ex-Pistons guard Billups' rehab going well, won... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Aaron Ellington 1
News NBA Free Agency Rumors 2012: Randy Foye Interes... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Vincent Goodwill: NBA Insider: Chris Paul soars... (May '12) May '12 Leaked US Militar... 1
News Chris Paul Must Play Like MVP to Save Clippers ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Shifting Gears 3
More from around the web