Chauncey Billups won't play in Olympics

Chauncey Billups won't play in Olympics

There are 1 comment on the Detroit Free Press story from Jun 18, 2008, titled Chauncey Billups won't play in Olympics. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Chauncey Billups won't be playing for Team USA in this summer's Beijing Olympics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Thomas Chin

Salisbury, MD

#1 Jun 21, 2008
6/21/2008 9:30 AM

It is a shame! Chauncey played well in Las Vegas
last year, just like Amare in helping USA to secure a FIBA qualifying spot for Beijing in 2008.

Chris Paul made serious mistakes in the game against Greece in 2006. Why is Colangelo trusting
on Paul again?

Honestly, I do not think that they need J. Kidd's
service. But Kidd knows how to unifying the team together, especially with Bryant and Redd while
Chauncey seemed to distant himself from these
three in Las Vegas.

Deron Williams played well enough last year to be considered for a berth in the 2008 team, but still Deron's production was somewhat less than
Chauncey's in the games versus Argentina and Brazil in 2007.

I think Chauncey's injury in the playoffs might have somthing to do with it. The selection of Paul and Williams, both at 23, is against the very basic tenet of his Honorable Jerry Colangelo
who vows not to put young, inexperienced players
in future USA basketball teams after the sad experience from the past.Only time will tell
how intelligent or poor the decisions Colangelo
has made in assembling this squad!

-TL-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chauncey Billups Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Grizzlies beat Clippers for 14th win in 15 games (Mar '13) Mar '13 anonomous 1
Talk about Chauncey Billups (Dec '12) Dec '12 glad when Billups... 1
News Ex-Pistons guard Billups' rehab going well, won... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Aaron Ellington 1
News NBA Free Agency Rumors 2012: Randy Foye Interes... (Jun '12) Jun '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Vincent Goodwill: NBA Insider: Chris Paul soars... (May '12) May '12 Leaked US Militar... 1
News Chris Paul Must Play Like MVP to Save Clippers ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Shifting Gears 3
More from around the web