Anthony to appear at Nuggets' media d...

Anthony to appear at Nuggets' media day amid trade talks

There are 26 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from Sep 27, 2010, titled Anthony to appear at Nuggets' media day amid trade talks. In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

It promises to be an interesting media day with the Denver Nuggets Monday as the team gets ready to start practices amid talks that the New Jersey Nets are trying to acquire star forward Carmelo Anthony.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LoriD3306

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 27, 2010
Wow! It just fathoms me to know what these players make! If Carmelo Anthony isn't happy here oh well let him go!!!!!
Italiano

Monroe, LA

#2 Sep 27, 2010
He wants out, so boot him out.
Aceani

Arvada, CO

#3 Sep 27, 2010
If Melo wanted to go to the Knicks, would have been nice of him to let everyone know before David Lee was gone.

“Paralyzed From the Neck Up”

Since: Jun 07

The Other White Meat

#4 Sep 27, 2010
Aceani wrote:
If Melo wanted to go to the Knicks, would have been nice of him to let everyone know before David Lee was gone.
I was thinking about that. He was the only trade chip the Knicks really had. At least hes the only one I can think of as a positive for the Nuggets. He would have been loyal too.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#5 Sep 27, 2010
So!
nuggets baby

Denver, CO

#7 Sep 27, 2010
u know guys from what ive been reading lately about carmelo anthony h is a nugget and theres a 70-30 percent chance he will stay a nugget all he wanted to do during the offseason is enjoy the offseason. the season ended. he wants to hang with friends and fam.all of us as nugget fans and the organization are like hey melo hey melo are u gonna hey melo,melo,i mean geez give the guy the well deserved break.we owe it to him.if anything bugging and annoying the crap out of him isnt gonna keep him here. try 75million.
Too Hot To Handle

Tulsa, OK

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Look at Carmello's face. He looks like a 12 year old spoiled brat. A boy in a mans body. Kind of like our boy fro Littleton(Fruit Cakes).

I've been tired of this idiot athlete since he came here.
Don't let the door hit you on you on the way out of Denver.
Can he take our resident Troll from Littlemind with him when he finally goes?
Wowee

Montrose, CO

#9 Sep 27, 2010
When is the last time any one you you geniuses had the last word in exactly when any new employer would be picking you up and bringing you in, even when you knew that your leaving your current employer and getting a new job was imminent and all parties involved were in agreement of the move. It does not work that way in any profession!!!! You always leave the door open to stay where you are or to come back later. Its just plain courteous. Respect always comes first and even if Carmelo was the best player in the world and this was already "a done deal" and ready to be signed off, he would not have the clout to behave any other way than to let the owners and managers take the lead. You guys. What a bunch of babies!
nuggets baby

Denver, CO

#10 Sep 27, 2010
i dunno people sound kinda lame in a way i hink this guy might just play this season and split to free agency and second andre kirilenko and derek favors with his 7foot wing span doesnt sound bad
Gma

Brighton, CO

#11 Sep 27, 2010
Who really cares what he does, or where he plays?????????? I certainly don't care. He is just an overpaid kid that is totally spoiled.

The Other White Meat

#12 Sep 27, 2010
Wowee wrote:
When is the last time any one you you geniuses had the last word in exactly when any new employer would be picking you up and bringing you in, even when you knew that your leaving your current employer and getting a new job was imminent and all parties involved were in agreement of the move. It does not work that way in any profession!!!! You always leave the door open to stay where you are or to come back later. Its just plain courteous. Respect always comes first and even if Carmelo was the best player in the world and this was already "a done deal" and ready to be signed off, he would not have the clout to behave any other way than to let the owners and managers take the lead. You guys. What a bunch of babies!
Most of us don't get pain millions to play a game. He knows the Nuggets will be left with nothing if he leaves in free agency. I really hope he doesn't leave them hanging if he has decided he wants to leave. Seems like a lot of rumors with nobody coming right out and making a statement. I think the Nuggets have been pretty accomodating in trying to find a suitable team for him. If he wants to be traded to the Knicks he's dreaming though. I don't think the Nuggets will go for first round picks in 2021 and 2022 as compensation
Italiano

Monroe, LA

#13 Sep 27, 2010
Ah get rid of the big baby already!!!!
ray-ray

Broomfield, CO

#14 Sep 27, 2010
Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Most of us don't get pain millions to play a game. He knows the Nuggets will be left with nothing if he leaves in free agency. I really hope he doesn't leave them hanging if he has decided he wants to leave. Seems like a lot of rumors with nobody coming right out and making a statement. I think the Nuggets have been pretty accomodating in trying to find a suitable team for him. If he wants to be traded to the Knicks he's dreaming though. I don't think the Nuggets will go for first round picks in 2021 and 2022 as compensation
The nuggets should't try to accomadate Melo, get the best draft pick package possible and then let him go!
plato

Castle Rock, CO

#15 Sep 27, 2010
WOW. The world is coming to an end and this is news??????????
roxrock

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 27, 2010
does anybody remember about 8 years ago our team the denver nuggets could only pull off a 19 win season. then comes along carmelo anthony and all of sudden were playoff potential every year after that but he also couldnt have done it with a basketball genious coach in george karl. now with that said were gonna let that educated talent that karl raised just go.wow. also that coach that is nearing a thousand career coaching wins. this is the last year of his contract as well. what are we gonna do.
Wowee

Montrose, CO

#17 Sep 27, 2010
Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Most of us don't get pain millions to play a game. He knows the Nuggets will be left with nothing if he leaves in free agency. I really hope he doesn't leave them hanging if he has decided he wants to leave. Seems like a lot of rumors with nobody coming right out and making a statement. I think the Nuggets have been pretty accomodating in trying to find a suitable team for him. If he wants to be traded to the Knicks he's dreaming though. I don't think the Nuggets will go for first round picks in 2021 and 2022 as compensation
Well, if he leaves as a free agent, then its because the franchise is not taking as good care of him as they should, and they very well may not be able to. Denver is not a New York city or a Los Angeles where their populations are measured in multiples of how many people live here in Denver and they bring in a lot more money. Respect comes first and if you are "all that" you can move on to bigger and better things without any hard feelings or people to blame. I don't see why people are taking this personal. All of our star players will not be showing us the love of our city like we had with many of the Broncos who stayed with the team from when it was mediocre all the way through two Super Bowls. That's not always going to happen with championship contending teams. Even Shannon Sharpe left to go to Baltimore to win another Super Bowl. I don't see anyone calling him names.

If I am nuts or wrong, like a couple of judges say so, then its because I am exercising my opportunity to live vicariously and these comments remind me too much of the nonsense I hear at work when someone leaves for a better job because they were not being treated right and with other people similarly complaining about them leaving (who were in fact part of the problem). I think its the same thing, game or no game, millions of dollars or not.
Libs4Lunch

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 27, 2010
Wowee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if he leaves as a free agent, then its because the franchise is not taking as good care of him as they should, and they very well may not be able to. Denver is not a New York city or a Los Angeles where their populations are measured in multiples of how many people live here in Denver and they bring in a lot more money. Respect comes first and if you are "all that" you can move on to bigger and better things without any hard feelings or people to blame. I don't see why people are taking this personal. All of our star players will not be showing us the love of our city like we had with many of the Broncos who stayed with the team from when it was mediocre all the way through two Super Bowls. That's not always going to happen with championship contending teams. Even Shannon Sharpe left to go to Baltimore to win another Super Bowl. I don't see anyone calling him names.
If I am nuts or wrong, like a couple of judges say so, then its because I am exercising my opportunity to live vicariously and these comments remind me too much of the nonsense I hear at work when someone leaves for a better job because they were not being treated right and with other people similarly complaining about them leaving (who were in fact part of the problem). I think its the same thing, game or no game, millions of dollars or not.
Intelligent reply. I disagree on a couple of thoughts, though.

Shannon was past his prime. He did his time there and came back here. Bt some people were very hurt and critical at the time, anyway.

There is the other point. When a lynch pin member of a public sports team defects, his fans get a hurt in a way that an office would never feel. That is why sports players make so much money- so many people are invested in him in so many, maybe too many, ways.

The old school was about a little more honor. Maybe that's trite in today's world, but there it is.

The Other White Meat

#19 Sep 27, 2010
ray-ray wrote:
<quoted text> The nuggets should't try to accomadate Melo, get the best draft pick package possible and then let him go!
May as well get something for him. I think the offer on the table sounds really good.

The Other White Meat

#20 Sep 27, 2010
Wowee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the franchise needs to take care of him, but I believe they are trying. I'm confused because whenever they talk to him he says he hasn't made up his mind what he wants. Unfortunately a lot of people who stand to make a lot of money off him are the ones giving a lot of the advice. Thats pro sports for you. I think a lot of this is about his wife, and where they can live where she will get the most attention. Seriously, if he wants to win, NY and NJ aren't the teams to go to. His next contract will be over with before either of those teams is relevant. I hoped he would stay, but he has no idea what hes getting in to if he goes to one of them. Here he is the big fish in a small pond. The pond will be a lot bigger in NY. The crowd here always cheers him, that wouldnt be the case with the Knicks or Nets. Fans will expect a championship right away, which he wouldnt be able to deliver. It takes a certain mentality to play for those teams, and he may not have what it takes, not yet anyway. Most of the greats stayed with one team for the majority of their career. I guess things have changed. I always felt like he was in lebrons shadow, and this was his chance to separate himself from that shadow. Instead of taking the easy route, he could have worked harder to achieve his goal. At least it sounds like we will get a good set of players for him
arvenne

Tomball, TX

#21 Sep 27, 2010
..........Him and his MTV wife are TOO EXPENSIVE.. NOBODY wants them..... We're STUCK with THEM...... He's the relative you can't get RID OF..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carmelo Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boy Runs Onto Court, Hugs Carmelo Anthony Durin... Apr '16 DILF 7
News Attention, shoppers! Free agency opens in the NBA (Jul '14) Mar '16 Fart news 32
News Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... (Apr '14) Jul '14 engd 2
News NBA Free Agency Day 2: Carmelo Anthony Gets Win... (Jul '14) Jul '14 shahrukhsklove 1
News Carmelo Anthony Asking About Tom Thibodeau Make... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 9
News Cotto, Martinez set for middleweight title fight (Jun '14) Jun '14 elsa2lina 1
News Could New York Knicks Swing Trade for Chicago B... (May '14) May '14 No heart in newyork 38
More from around the web