Spurs Hold Off Suns for 2-1 Series Lead

Spurs Hold Off Suns for 2-1 Series Lead

There are 17 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 12, 2007, titled Spurs Hold Off Suns for 2-1 Series Lead. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Tim Duncan had 33 points -- 13 in the fourth quarter -- and 19 rebounds to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 108-101 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Saturday night and a 2-1 lead in the second-round series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Lucky Luciano

United States

#1 May 15, 2007
The suspension of 2 Phoenix key players by the NBA rewards a blatant of aggression by Robert Horry with a positive result. I have to question the righteousness of the league and of Stu Jackson because they failed to review the situation as a whole. It even brings the old question that the league or Stu Jackson personally want the Spurs to wind and want Tim Duncan on TV. It is a stupid notion but that is 2 for Duncan, zero for Phoenix and for Joey Crawford.

It is a failure of the professional interpretation of the persons involved in deciding the suspension. Neither one of the Phoenix players made any attempt to touch someone or was involved in any threatening way as they were restrained by the coaches in the vicinity of the bench

A big boo boo boo to the league and it invalidates much of what they do from now for me. This is a league full of gangster like players with really weird tattoos that do not resemble the rest of society and this Phoenix team (I live in Florida so I do not care who wins) is a good story and a very appealing type of basketball. In my mind this is a Wolfowitz World Bank defining moment as far as I am concerned where Stu Jackson and The Commissioner of the NBA just lost their marbles completely and made not just a bad call but a call that might be for the ages. If Phoenix loses game 5 this is a much tainted season and you can say that ROBERT HORRY HITS ANOTHER BIG PLAYOFF SHOT, THIS TIME WITH HIS FOREARM.

They are handing game 5 on a platter to the Spurs and they could have walked away from this in many other ways besides penalizing the team that suffered already the aggression on their main star Nash who was previously kicked in the groin and suffered a bloody nose. This almost smells like bad rotten fish in Denmark because the reaction of Stoudemire to get up from his chair was very Pavlovian and the office interpreted it like a Kermit Washington moment. The 2 players suspended have no history of problems. It is not like they are suspending Steven Jackson or Ron Artest or some of the other mercurial personalities.

The NBA tries so hard sometimes that it falls flat on its rear end.
WTF

Miami, FL

#2 Apr 21, 2008
Way to go SLACK- 3 fouls, NO points in the 1st 5 minutes. You're a big help, NOT!
Great game tho' for the rest of the players.
Harry Nutz

Jupiter, FL

#3 Apr 30, 2008
I'd like to give a bigFUCKYOU to Shaquille O'Neal. That's what you get you poor sport. It's time to face the music and retire.
Munchem

Palm City, FL

#5 Apr 30, 2008
I hope Shaq never wins another playoff game. He has no class and should never be apart of any Heat functions after he retires. I almost feel bad for the Suns.
Shaquila

Gainesville, GA

#6 Apr 30, 2008
So Shaq, how long is it going to be before you start talking trash about your teammates in Phoenix like you have done with all of the teams that you have played for? Your mouth wrote a check that your fat worn out body could not cash. Please do all of us fans a favor and retire. You are obviously an overrated “has been” that has ridden the coat tails of other younger and better players to a championship. Of course you will not take any of the blame since that would mean that you would have to show some integrity and that sir, is not your style.
Marky

Cleveland, OH

#7 Apr 30, 2008
Sorry Suns fans. You could've done a lot better with "The Matrix." Now, you're stuck with "The Big Dufus" for another couple of years.

BTW, Penny, Kobe, D-Wade...watch your back Nash. You're next on the Dufus' list.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#8 Apr 30, 2008
Thank Riley we got rid of Shaq. The free throws he missed are essentially the difference between winning and losing.
MyCircles

Hialeah, FL

#9 Apr 30, 2008
GOOD! Now Shaq can go fatten up his BIG ASS and then make up reasons for his apathy and poor play next year. Is he the biggest whiner in the history of the NBA? If nothing else, he will make it into the NBA Hall of Fame for being the biggest whiner and one of its most difficult players to deal with.
tetyana larina

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#10 Apr 30, 2008
A question for the Suns.
Was the Shaq deal worth it?
joseph

Jefferson, GA

#11 Apr 30, 2008
How can you pay Shaq $20 million bucks a year and he cant even make a free throw??? Overpaid jock...
optimistic_heat- fan

Miami, FL

#12 Apr 30, 2008
The Sun will rise in Phoenix. (After shaq's contract expires). Man Riles is looking like an absolute genius now, he used the last 2-3 years shaq had left to win a championship and them dumped him off. If only we could have gotten 2 players of Shawn's caliber at 8 - 10 mil a yr. Shaq shouldn't have burned his bridges. Alot of Heat fans were wishing him well, then he had to open his big mouth. Now we laugh at him. 9 - 20 at the free throw line, that was the difference in the ball game, and I thought he made them when they counted
Xx_BLaCKBeaRD_xX

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Apr 30, 2008
Riley is a genius, who had any doubts? Come on, he gets blamed for too much. This guy ROCKS!
Heat Fan

Miami, FL

#14 Apr 30, 2008
Shaquila wrote:
So Shaq, how long is it going to be before you start talking trash about your teammates in Phoenix like you have done with all of the teams that you have played for? Your mouth wrote a check that your fat worn out body could not cash. Please do all of us fans a favor and retire. You are obviously an overrated “has been” that has ridden the coat tails of other younger and better players to a championship. Of course you will not take any of the blame since that would mean that you would have to show some integrity and that sir, is not your style.
That's very funny! I hope Shaq gets the message
Cowboy

United States

#15 May 1, 2008
Defining Shaquille O’Neil: Overweight, over-hyped, overpaid and definitely over the hill....
tetyana larina

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#16 May 2, 2008
Cowboy wrote:
Defining Shaquille O’Neil: Overweight, over-hyped, overpaid and definitely over the hill....
Has he started ripping Steve Nash yet?
tetyana larina

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#17 May 2, 2008
optimistic_heat-fan wrote:
The Sun will rise in Phoenix.(After shaq's contract expires). Man Riles is looking like an absolute genius now, he used the last 2-3 years shaq had left to win a championship and them dumped him off. If only we could have gotten 2 players of Shawn's caliber at 8 - 10 mil a yr. Shaq shouldn't have burned his bridges. Alot of Heat fans were wishing him well, then he had to open his big mouth. Now we laugh at him. 9 - 20 at the free throw line, that was the difference in the ball game, and I thought he made them when they counted
Did anybody think Pat could find a sucker for that ego/salary?

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#18 May 3, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Bowen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Film session: Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
News The Great Debate: Would T-Mac Have Been Better ... (Oct '10) Aug '11 Kevs 26
News Spurs offer Lakers their `endorsement' (May '08) Oct '10 uzi gun banger 212
News San Antonio Spurs: Richard Jefferson Trade Vali... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Trusting in God 2
News Thoughts while waiting for a plane (Nov '08) Nov '08 Salty Waters 1
News San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan (file photo). (Nov '08) Nov '08 ByeByeGOP 1
News Spurs' wily veterans defeat Knicks (Nov '08) Nov '08 mr stretch 4
More from around the web