Bulls still can't talk to Pistons' Curry

Bulls still can't talk to Pistons' Curry

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 16, 2008, titled Bulls still can't talk to Pistons' Curry. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Pistons continue to give signs they won't allow the Bulls to interview assistant Michael Curry .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Fire Pax

Hinsdale, IL

#1 May 16, 2008
If Paxson doesn't fix this lineup of average joes then we really don't need to waste money on a coach. It doesn't matter who they hire to be coach cause Paxson is to big of an egomaniac to admit HIS players suck major ass. So we won't be going anywhere till the Paxson brothers get the boot.
Wooly Bully

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 17, 2008
Agreed. The Bulls can take all the time they want interviewing assistants from other teams - you know, the guys that will take a much lower salary just to get a first-time shot at head coaching.

As I have said before, the Bulls could have hire D'Antoni, Johnson AND Phil Jackson at the same time - and they still wouldn't win anything with this lineup of also-rans and bench warmers.

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#3 May 17, 2008
Maybe Reinsdorf can ask Ozzie to lend one of the Sox's blow up dolls to be interim coach of the Bulls. It's a low cost solution and the result probably would not be much different.

United States

#4 May 17, 2008
At this time last year the Bulls were in the playoffs and were considered an up-and-coming team. There is talent on this team and in the weak Eastern Confrence there is no reason why the right coach can't have them back in the playoffs next year.
Butterbean Amore

Mundelein, IL

#5 May 17, 2008
Oh, there's no question there's some talent on the Bulls team, and they surely (don't call me Shirley) need a solid coach with NBA experience/success to mold this disperate array of players into a cohesive unit and style of play. But, but .... they the owner, manager, front office and assorted hires behave like they are running a CBA franchise in DuBuque, Iowa (no offense to DuBuque). They have had about 20 years straight of sell-outs at the United Center; they get lucrative marketing revenues from TV broadcasters; they raise tickets despite poor performance on the court; they act with audacity and contempt as business people in their predatory pricing habits, but they can't get a simple coach deal done. What kind of incompetence is this? They let Carlisle, D'Antoni get away without even tendering them an offer .... how embarassing for a second or third largest U.S. sports market franchise. I say it's time to get rid of the ownership and sell the team to the Tribune or Mark Cuban.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... (Nov '14) Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
News Phil Jackson to advise Pistons on coaching hire (May '13) Aug '13 Raj Human at Nature 2
News Pacers expect offseason changes after playoff run (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 1
News Lakers Rumors: Who Should Replace Mike Brown If... (Aug '12) Aug '12 sam 2
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News L.A. Lakers: A Lesson in Mismanagement - How No... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tengis 1
News Charles Barkley's advice for Minnesota Timberwo... (Jul '09) Jun '11 Sammy 17