Paxson still interviewing Bulls coach...

Paxson still interviewing Bulls coaching candidates -- Basketba...

There are 47 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Paxson still interviewing Bulls coaching candidates -- Basketba.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bulls' coaching search will reach seven weeks on Thursday. That isn't stopping general manager John Paxson from conducting more interviews.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
stickaforkinit

Hinsdale, IL

#41 Jun 4, 2008
Aside from the coach thing, anyone else read the seemingly insane rumor that had the Bulls trading the #1 and ? to Miami for D. Wade and the #2? I know, dream on, but Wade and Beasley is a helluva nice dream. Thought I read somewhere that Riley really wants Rose.
Erwin Mueller

Mundelein, IL

#42 Jun 4, 2008
You folks just don't seem to read KC's story for the answer to your question .... why is this coach signing taking so long? Pax and Reinie were miffed when the story broke too soon about Collins. All this interviewing other coaching applicants is all smoke and mirrors and about "doing it our way and at our pace" and a little about political correctness (get all those former players and minority applicants up here please), nothing more. Certainly a little negotiating tactic as well. No need to rush into a Collins deal, right? They've only whiffed on Carlisle and D'Antoni so far; why not add a third high visibility/big market name to the list? Let's cut the crap and get a Chicago market caliber name coach in here now so that he can have input into the draft decision.
Wooly Bully

Indianapolis, IN

#43 Jun 4, 2008
Isn't Kevin Loughery available? He has a lifetime 474-662 coaching record in the NBA. He'd be about par for the course.

I also hear the assistant coach at Beloit College hasn't been interviewed yet, nor was my 6th grade gym teacher. Let's be thorough and exhaust all possible candidates.

Plenty of time left.....tick....tock....tick. ...tock....tick....tock....
Larry

Crystal Lake, IL

#44 Jun 4, 2008
when the collins rehire falls thru, bulls may go after tim floyd. they need a college coach for these baby bulls. a real coach aint coming here. forget it. my guess is the bulls pass on the #1 pick.
BullySixChicago

United States

#45 Jun 4, 2008
Jenny wrote:
i think paxson should relinquish the draft selection. he just can't seem to make a choice. give the selection to pat riley who at least has a clue what his team teams. got to feel sorry for the players when the mgmt is so clueless.
Jenny my love what are you smoking? he can't seem to make a choice please that coice is not due until June 26, why should he make it known until then? Riley has clue please riley has not has a clue since he traded for shaq and once shaq made it know that riley didn't do anything after they won the title pat clue was to trade shaq and get what? The Bulls management is not clueless your arse is
BullySixChicago

United States

#46 Jun 4, 2008
The Troof wrote:
Here comes the proverbial "slap in the face" when the Pistons pounce on Avery Johnson after he turns down the chance just to interview with the Bulls.
man you are lost if you think the piston will hire Avery maybe you need basic ed in nba basketball Curry will be the next pistons coach
Greg

Pleasanton, CA

#47 Jun 6, 2008
Cubs suck wrote:
The Bulls have been without a coach since Dec. 25. The process of naming a new pope has been easier and less thorough than the Bulls picking a coach. What are the Bulls waiting for? For Phil Jackson to win a title and then tell the world he is going back to the Bulls? Name a caoch. This is getting ridiculous. As usual, John Paxson can't pull the trigger.
When you see smoke coming from the Berto Center, you know they've hired a new coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... (Nov '14) Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
News Phil Jackson to advise Pistons on coaching hire (May '13) Aug '13 Raj Human at Nature 2
News Pacers expect offseason changes after playoff run (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 1
News Lakers Rumors: Who Should Replace Mike Brown If... (Aug '12) Aug '12 sam 2
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News L.A. Lakers: A Lesson in Mismanagement - How No... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tengis 1
News Charles Barkley's advice for Minnesota Timberwo... (Jul '09) Jun '11 Sammy 17
More from around the web