Paxson still interviewing Bulls coaching candidates -- Basketba...

There are 20 comments on the Jun 3, 2008, Chicago Tribune story titled Paxson still interviewing Bulls coaching candidates -- Basketba.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bulls' coaching search will reach seven weeks on Thursday. That isn't stopping general manager John Paxson from conducting more interviews.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jenny

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Jun 3, 2008
i think paxson should relinquish the draft selection. he just can't seem to make a choice. give the selection to pat riley who at least has a clue what his team teams. got to feel sorry for the players when the mgmt is so clueless.
cabbie

Naperville, IL

#2 Jun 3, 2008
What's wrong with this guy? Bush took less time in invading Iraq, than this guy does in picking a basketball coach. MAKE A DECISION.....
Greg

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Jun 3, 2008
Jenny wrote:
i think paxson should relinquish the draft selection. he just can't seem to make a choice. give the selection to pat riley who at least has a clue what his team teams. got to feel sorry for the players when the mgmt is so clueless.
Jenny:
He doesn't need to make a choice until draft day. He doesn't answer to all the bloggers and couch coaches and sport talk radio callers.

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#4 Jun 3, 2008
Pax, dude, please make a decision.
Bud

Normal, IL

#5 Jun 3, 2008
got to feel sorry for the players when the mgmt is so clueless.

DUH.

Yeah, it really hurts to realize that multi-millions are being so mismanaged, esp. those that turned down millions of dollars they will never be offered again.

I don't know anything about basketball but I know that you should never, ever feel sorry for people who get paid millions of dollars to "try" to put a ball through the basket.
Hugo

Peoria, IL

#6 Jun 3, 2008
I'm so relieved that he still is interviewing candidates because I just found out the PISTONS JUST FIRED Saunders,Flip And I hope he could be our coach.

Since: Oct 07

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 3, 2008
something tells me that neither Pax or Collins is convinced they are the best person for this job. it wouldn't surprise me if Collins backed out ... and yes, Pax should have interest in Saunders, which will make it interesting to see how he handles this situation.
Krumbs

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 3, 2008
I think Paxson realizes the baggage Collins brings with his history of helping a young team immediately and then burning out before getting to the next level. That was the knock on Skiles - which ultimately proved true to form. The real search is for the head assistant coach to ultimately replace Collins like Phil Jackson did in the 90's - with the difficulty being that Collins has to agree to that assistant as well (without looking over his shoulder). Not as easy as it seems.
Krumbs

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 3, 2008
...and it better be a coach more qualified than Jim Boylan.
chuck

Crest Hill, IL

#10 Jun 3, 2008
Why don't the Bulls interview and consider Jim Cleamons? He would be a better choice than any name to date, including Doug Collins
The Troof

United States

#11 Jun 3, 2008
Here comes the proverbial "slap in the face" when the Pistons pounce on Avery Johnson after he turns down the chance just to interview with the Bulls.
John

Melbourne, FL

#12 Jun 3, 2008
KC, it's pretty obvious that the Bulls are planting this story as a negotiating tactic with Collins. They lose leverage if it doesn't seem like they're still looking and you are their way to make that public.
Gus

United States

#13 Jun 3, 2008
Paxson and the Bulls have a tough time pulling the trigger on a deal. They appear to be looking for the best deal and the greatest guarantees. When you have others in a similar situation competing for the same candidates, hesitation can cost you. Ergo, Kobe stays with the Lakers, the Lakers get Gasol. the Celtics get Garnett, and the Knicks get D'Antoni.
Fire Pax

Schaumburg, IL

#14 Jun 3, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Jenny:
He doesn't need to make a choice until draft day. He doesn't answer to all the bloggers and couch coaches and sport talk radio callers.
Yeah so you expect him to make a decision in the alloted time of like 12 minutes on who his pick is, despite the fact that after 2 months (really 6 months) of looking for a coach he has nothing to show for it other than the black eye the D'Antoni mess gave him??? Yeah I say he overruns the limit and Heat end up with the first choice in the draft.
vbear

Wheaton, IL

#15 Jun 3, 2008
Fire Pax wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I say he overruns the limit and Heat end up with the first choice in the draft.
Sad but true!
Gregg Martin

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jun 3, 2008
Two words:

Flip Saunders.
culito

Orlando, FL

#17 Jun 3, 2008
Is Doug too expensive, "pax"?
Greg

Pleasanton, CA

#18 Jun 3, 2008
Fire Pax wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah so you expect him to make a decision in the alloted time of like 12 minutes on who his pick is, despite the fact that after 2 months (really 6 months) of looking for a coach he has nothing to show for it other than the black eye the D'Antoni mess gave him??? Yeah I say he overruns the limit and Heat end up with the first choice in the draft.
I'm sure he has a pretty good idea of who he wants he just doesn't have to leak it to FirePax two weeks ahead of draft day.
Mike

Moreno Valley, CA

#19 Jun 3, 2008
The only reason he hasn't pulled the trigger and hired Collins to appease Jesse Jackson by "interviewing" Corbin and Shaw.
Bet on it.
Mike

Moreno Valley, CA

#20 Jun 3, 2008
The only reason he hasn't pulled the trigger and hired Collins is to appease Jesse Jackson by "interviewing" Corbin and Shaw.
Bet on it.

Oops, poor grammar (forgot the "is")- my bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Shaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
News Phil Jackson to advise Pistons on coaching hire (May '13) Aug '13 Raj Human at Nature 2
News Pacers expect offseason changes after playoff run (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 1
News Lakers Rumors: Who Should Replace Mike Brown If... (Aug '12) Aug '12 sam 2
News Reports: Magic start interviews for head coach;... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Lois 1
News L.A. Lakers: A Lesson in Mismanagement - How No... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Tengis 1
News Charles Barkley's advice for Minnesota Timberwo... (Jul '09) Jun '11 Sammy 17
More from around the web